Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raiders' pursuit of Jon Gruden could include ownership stake

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    At least they have a quick trigger finger. Is Vance's key card still working?
    I hope not.

Let's discuss further when they give VJ an extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I hope not.

Let's discuss further when they give VJ an extension.
    It could happen. If they retain him, he could improve the team by 4 games next year and then 5 games the following year. That usually leads to an extension.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It could happen. If they retain him, he could improve the team by 4 games next year and then 6 games the following year. That usually leads to an extension.
    Sounds legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Bringing Chucky in before a move to Vegas is a great marketing idea, even though I don’t think is more than an average coach. Chucky on the sidelines in sunny Las Vegas would be must see tv

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Bringing Chucky in before a move to Vegas is a great marketing idea, even though I don’t think is more than an average coach. Chucky on the sidelines in sunny Las Vegas would be must see tv
    I'm still not sold on Gruden happening and if it does, it's not guaranteed he'll do better than Del Rio. But I do think Del Rio was getting canned regardless.

Mark Davis is cold. He fired Del Rio right after the game. His pops would be proud lol.

I'm still not sold on Gruden happening and if it does, it's not guaranteed he'll do better than Del Rio. But I do think Del Rio was getting canned regardless.

Mark Davis is cold. He fired Del Rio right after the game. His pops would be proud lol.
    I read somewhere that Del Rio had to announce his own firing and was very emotional while doing so. If so, that is really cold!!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

My initial reaction was that Gruden would be an idiot to get back into coaching until I read that he would get an ownership stake and an excessive salary and understood his reasoning.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I read somewhere that Del Rio had to announce his own firing and was very emotional while doing so. If so, that is really cold!!
    I think Davis fired him about 5 minutes after the game. I painted the picture in my head. Del Rio is walking in the tunnel with the sunlight fading behind him as he got closer to the locker room. Standing alone in a corner, with the shadows perfectly arranged on his face to show only his piercing blue eyes, was Mark Davis, flipping a quarter. I gave him a fedora because you can't look gangster with that haircut. Anyway, with violins playing softly in the background, he told Jack that his services were no longer needed and a car was waiting for him outside to take him to the airport. He asked Jack if he liked cannolis. Jack said no. Mark said shucks. As Jack walked to the podium, Al Davis' ghost appeared in front of his son. Smiling. Then one of the Chargers' staff turned on the lights and asked, "Mr. Davis, what the **** are you doing and why is Marshawn Lynch playing a violin?"

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

The Raiders are planning to introduce Gruden as their next head coach during a news conference on Tuesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-coach-tuesday

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Talk that this hire may have violated the rooney rule..... Random tweets and CBS article

They interviewed the tight ends coach and someone else.

Here's footage of the interviews.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Here's a screenshot of the offer to Gruden.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rich Gannon: We'll find out 'how tough' Derek Carr is if Jon Gruden is Raiders coach

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Rich Gannon, the former NFL MVP quarterback for the Oakland Raiders and current CBS-TV analyst, has some advice for Derek Carr should Jon Gruden become the Raiders' head coach.

Basically, strap in.

"He has no idea what's in store for him, just in terms of the level of preparation, attention to detail," Gannon said of Carr on KGMZ-FM 95.7 The Game on Thursday. "He's going to be as prepared as any quarterback could possibly be to go out and really play championship-caliber football. But he has to do it.

"If [Carr] doesn't want to come in and spend eight hours on Tuesday, his day off, then you can't make him. If he's not a guy that's going to come in and grind away on Monday nights, or stay late on Friday, then you get what you get. You're going to get out of it what you put into it. I always say that those that invest the most are the last to surrender. We're going to find out how tough this guy is, and how hard he's willing to work to really take his game to the next level, but more importantly, to take the Raiders to the next level."
    rest - http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-rai...-raiders-coach

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Can't wait for him to disappoint by being incredibly average. Though I guess the Raiders will be able to enjoy several 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons which will be a nice change for them i'm sure.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Can't wait for him to disappoint by being incredibly average. Though I guess the Raiders will be able to enjoy several 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons which will be a nice change for them i'm sure.
    Thats what I think. Hes been out for almost 10 years which is a lifetime. Hes not jumping in and making them 12-4 by just him standing there alone.

But wth do I know, with VJ in Denver and the Broncos reduced to chum.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information