Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raiders' pursuit of Jon Gruden could include ownership stake

Thought you'd get a kick out of this. Credit goes to @NYJ_NDN.

Jon Gruden showing up to #Raiders HC introductory presser on Tuesday like…

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Thats what I think. Hes been out for almost 10 years which is a lifetime. Hes not jumping in and making them 12-4 by just him standing there alone.

But wth do I know, with VJ in Denver and the Broncos reduced to chum.
    The nature of his job over the last 10 years has still required him to watch a ton of film and be around and study the game, so I don't think he'll have any trouble adjusting to how the game has changed over that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Gannon sounds like a giant blowhard throughout. There are lots of quotes that could be offered as examples, but he closes with:

"I'd be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and I'd have at least one Super Bowl, maybe more, if Jon never left Oakland. I embraced the opportunity. I took advantage of the opportunity."

You can like the guy, but please. Gannon was a career journeyman that had 3 standout seasons at the tail end of his career. Give me a break.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 01-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Gannon sounds like a giant blowhard throughout. There are lots of quotes that could be offered as examples, but he closes with:

"I'd be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and I'd have at least one Super Bowl, maybe more, if Jon never left Oakland. I embraced the opportunity. I took advantage of the opportunity."

You can like the guy, but please. Gannon was a career journeyman that had 3 standout seasons at the tail end of his career. Give me a break.
    Kurt Warner's induction makes you wonder, if he performs better when he's 38 and 39 would it be possible? To your point, though, his best season came under Callahan, not Gruden.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Kurt Warner's induction makes you wonder, if he performs better when he's 38 and 39 would it be possible? To your point, though, his best season came under Callahan, not Gruden.
    There seems to be a bit of envy against Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There seems to be a bit of envy against Carr.
    Agreed - he spends the whole interview basically wondering aloud if Carr has his (Gannon’s) level of commitment. The guy who was a backup for, was it 4 teams or 3? Get over yourself Rich...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mark Davis admits he got Gruden before firing Del Rio, raising Rooney Rule questions

When the Oakland Raiders held their massive press conference/celebration announcing Jon Gruden as the team's newest head coach, it was clear that the hire was something that the team had been hoping to make happen for quite a long time. Raiders owner Mark Davis even admitted as much when he stated that the first time he reached out to Gruden about the job was all the way back in 2012.

Davis and the Raiders hired two different full-time coaches between that call and Gruden finally accepting the job: Dennis Allen and Jack Del Rio. Apparently, they were never Davis' first choice. And this time around, nobody else was ever really in the running.

Davis told a group of reporters after the press conference that he essentially got Gruden to agree to coach the team as early as Christmas Eve, after having reached out in October/November. He also stated that he likely would have fired the coordinators and kept Del Rio had Gruden not agreed to the job.
    rest - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...ule-questions/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Gotta be honest - I'm a bit nervous he's back. Love the dude, and think the Raiders will be all fired up for at least a few years.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Jerry Rice, Charles Woodson issue warnings about Jon Gruden

As Carl Steward of the Bay Area News Group reported, Rice didn't shy away from the fact that the infamous "Chucky" is going to come out, while also citing that the players are either going to buy in or not be a part of it.

“I hope these players are ready, because they’re going to get Chucky,” he said. “They’re going to get him, and how they deal with that could tell the whole story. But Chucky’s going to come out. And either you buy in or you’re not going to be part of it.”

Rice wasn't the only one either, as Raiders legend Charles Woodson echoed a similar sentiment about buying in or seeing yourself out the door, per Steward.

“If you don’t respond, you’ve gotta go,” he said. “That’s going to be the bottom line. I don’t think Gruden’s going to come in here favoring or babying anybody. He’s going to try to hit the ground running, and if you’re not ready to jump on that train, there’ll be another team for you or something else to do. it’s got to be all in or nothing.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ut-jon-gruden/
    The only thing that surprises me about this is the need to "warn" current players that a coach is going to do what a coach is supposed to do.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The only thing that surprises me about this is the need to "warn" current players that a coach is going to do what a coach is supposed to do.
    Today's NFL has some Instagram bitches that are all in their feelings. Not a large chunk but all teams have a few of them.

14. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Agreed - he spends the whole interview basically wondering aloud if Carr has his (Gannon’s) level of commitment. The guy who was a backup for, was it 4 teams or 3? Get over yourself Rich...
    If Gannon didn't have the level of commitment he was asked to have, he wouldn't have won the MVP. If Carr can take the grind that Gruden is supposedly going to give him, the he can take it to the next level, which would be Gannon's level. I didn't see much of Gannon before he got to Oakland, but I saw the improvement game by game, year by year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Gotta be honest - I'm a bit nervous he's back. Love the dude, and think the Raiders will be all fired up for at least a few years.
    was gonna say, "am i the only one who thinks he's a good coach?"

i'm not a bit happy the faders replaced that schlub jack of the river with chucky. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information