Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Cousins is a pro, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Be nice to Cugel, you monster!
    I don't think you were taking into account just how freakishly tall Paxton is. I mean in comparison to Trevor he is a complete giraffe browsing on the tenderest shoots at the top of the trees. That is one tall QB. Yes sir!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Cousins has sure made a difference for the Redskins win loss records. Oh, wait....

The question of course is this....

Is Cousins good enough to overcome the bad OL and bad defense they will have as a result of the enormous salary he will demand and get? Is he that good? What evidence do we have that supports that?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Cousins has sure made a difference for the Redskins win loss records. Oh, wait....

Is Cousins good enough to overcome the bad OL and bad defense they will have as a result of the enormous salary he will demand and get? Is he that good? What evidence do we have that supports that?

What evidence do you have to support that we will have a bad defense and ol because we sign him?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Just hate what that of in the Redskins management are giving Kirk a very raw deal IMHO!
    April Showers and Easter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What evidence do you have to support that we will have a bad defense and ol because we sign him?
    Denver will have a solid OL after they draft Nelson.

Well, they got rid of all his weapons this season, and I mean all. He was throwing to dudes who were hardly even backups. Yet, he managed to win 7 games. That was about a 4 win team.

Put him on a 7 win team like the Broncos with a few simple improvements, like a TE who can catch passes for instance, and an OL that can block, and you have a 9 win team. And that's a division winner, especially in this division where none of the other teams are very good.

I mean, it's not as if the Chefs and Chargers and Raiders are powerhouses. In the last 10 years, AFC West division winners other than the Broncos are 1-5 in the playoffs, and other than the Broncos AFC West Wild Cards are 2-5.

In the last 10 years, AFC West teams other than the Broncos are 3-10 in the playoffs, and this year, 0-1 as the Chefs were bounced immediately again. The Broncos can beat that lot if they get decent QB play and add a little strength at a few key positions.

I'm not saying they will go from 5-11 to SB champions, but if they got Cousins (not likely) they could easily win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Just hate what that of in the Redskins management are giving Kirk a very raw deal IMHO!
    How is it a "raw deal" if they screw up so badly, that he gets franchise tag money $24m last year, for two straight years, and now is set to make at least $30m a year, unless they franchise him again at $34.6m for one year. I wish someone would give me such a raw deal! I'll sign that all day long!

Truth is the Redskins screwed themselves, not Cousins who now stands to make more money than any QB in NFL history, and to become the record setting QB contract guy, the guy who breaks through into new QB salary territory.

The salary cap keeps going up every year, and yet teams are trying to squeeze the players and keep more of their money, arguing that "it's too much!"

OK, Redskins. You don't want to pay "exorbitant" $ to your QB. You think he isn't worth what you will have to pay him, now that you have screwed the pooch every which way but loose. You idiots have nobody to blame but themselves.

Better get used to life in the wilderness for the next few years while Cousins leads some other team into the playoffs. They will have to draft a QB, but have only the 12th pick to do it with. Good luck with someone like Lamar Jackson next year as your starting QB Redskins!

Meanwhile, I'll take Cousins and go to the playoffs, thanks!
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-14-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Plenty of evidence that paying QBs top dollar does NOT translate into championships.

Here are the top 10 paid QBs.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
    Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
    Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million
    Saints QB Drew Brees: $24.3 million
    Redskins QB Kirk Cousins: $23.9 million
    Ravens QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $22 million
    Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $21.9 million
    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $21.85 million
    Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: $21 million; Giants QB Eli Manning: $21 million

There is the top 10. So, lets discuss how important it is to land a franchise QB again, which is the same thing as a high priced QB. BTW, we will see what Carson Wentz will get when he is up for contract in Philly.*

Aaron Rodgers, is great. Has not been to the SB since 2010. That, was 7 years ago. They have not had an adequate defense since that year. Oh, that year they were ranked...I believe top 5. If not first very high. I think they only gave up 15 points per game that year. Broncos in 2015 gave up 18.5 points per game, just give a perspective on that. The Packers defense has not been so high since they paid Rodgers.*

Russell Wilson recently got paid after they won it. They have not been quite the same have they?*

Anyone noticing anything about that list in relation to Super Bowls? Roethlisberger has not won it since 2008, and Brees not since 2009. Is that telling or not?

The 4 QBs that probably be the championship games next week will be...
    Tom Brady (17 highest paid QB.)
    Blake Bortles
    Nick Foles
    Casey Keenum

Bottom line is those top paid QBs are costing teams vitally in crucial areas. Cousins will be demanding more than that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So what is your answer Knight. What would you do that would guarantee the Broncos will be in multiple SB's for the next 15 years? How can you guarantee the Broncos long term success at the QB position?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So what is your answer Knight. What would you do that would guarantee the Broncos will be in multiple SB's for the next 15 years? How can you guarantee the Broncos long term success at the QB position?
    I really dont have an answer. I literally have no idea. What I know is paying crazy money to any one player, does NOT translate into championships.

There is just plenty of evidence of that claim. We can add what the Flacco salary did to the Ravens after they won it. They immediately needed to get rid of 7 key players and they have not been the same team since.

As fans we should be more aware that throwing big money does not mean much.

I have been whining about the hard cap and this is the reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I really dont have an answer. I literally have no idea. What I know is paying crazy money to any one player, does NOT translate into championships.

There is just plenty of evidence of that claim. We can add what the Flacco salary did to the Ravens after they won it. They immediately needed to get rid of 7 key players and they have not been the same team since.

As fans we should be more aware that throwing big money does not mean much.

I have been whining about the hard cap and this is the reason.
    So you think it was a bad idea to pay Miller all the money we did as well?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

So you think it was a bad idea to pay Miller all the money we did as well?
    I think that was worth it. He does not demand as much money as a "franchise QB." I think Osweiler gets paid more money than him. I know he gets more money than Brady. Besides I happen to think a quality edge rusher is the 2nd most valuable commodity for a championship team.

Aaron Rodgers could be the one QB that is legitimately better than Brady, and he has not been to the SB since 2010. He is far better than Cousins in my estimation.

Why we think Cousins would mean anything automatic is just confusing to me. Like I said, there is A LOT of evidence that it won't mean a thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think that was worth it. He does not demand as much money as a "franchise QB." I think Osweiler gets paid more money than him. I know he gets more money than Brady.

Aaron Rodgers could be the one QB that is legitimately better than Brady, and he has not been to the SB since 2010. He is far better than Cousins in my estimation.

Why we think Cousins would mean anything automatic is just confusing to me. Like I said, there is A LOT of evidence that it won't mean a thing.
    No one said that Cousins is automatic, no player is. But he is much more proven than some rookie or unknown. That is the difference. As far as Rodgers is concerned, he's not on the market so bringing him up is irrelevant at this juncture.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

No one said that Cousins is automatic, no player is. But he is much more proven than some rookie or unknown. That is the difference. As far as Rodgers is concerned, he's not on the market so bringing him up is irrelevant at this juncture.
    Rodgers salary is what makes it relevant to the point I am making. Never suggested the Broncos could land Rodgers. It is just that his salary costs them in crucial areas. Their defense has not been adequate since he got the big contract and they have never been back to the SB since. That is relevant to what I am saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Rodgers salary is what makes it relevant to the point I am making. Never suggested the Broncos could land Rodgers. It is just that his salary costs them in crucial areas. Their defense has not been adequate since he got the big contract and they have never been back to the SB since. That is relevant to what I am saying.
    Except, when you look at all the SB winners for the past 10 years its all a bunch of familiar names with one hit wonder exceptions. Im just not sure what answer you have that is better than what is already proven in terms of winning championships. My guess is you would rather just rebuild until we find a QB who can make the organization a believer which could take years, am i correct in assuming that is your outlook? The teams that pay their QB's have a much higher chance of making the playoffs on the regular and much higher chance of making the SB than teams with one hit wonders.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information