Thread: Cousins is a pro, but...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cousins is a pro, but...

...Absolutely NOT worth a cap-crushing salary. He's top 10 at best. The money he seems to be predicted to be offered is validated only by QBs that can carry a team on their backs and to the SB. Cousins is definitely not that guy. He's got good numbers and is a leader. He'd be a great Bronco, and I'd be happy as hell to have him but we have to be realistic.

He has not carried the Redskins to notoriety as a starter on his own. That may seem unfair but I'm only talking about his monetary value, not his professional value. Again, he's top 10. That would be awesome for us Broncos fans but is he a SB winning QB, or is he simply a playoff QB? I'm leaning towards a playoff-only QB with question marks. So...

If we do pursue him, Elway should pull out all of his a-hole negotiating skills and make him realize his place in the greater NFL and what he needs, if he hopes to be a SB QB. Of course, it's totally realistic for him to want to see stability and support from the Broncos, regarding what we have to offer (drafts, coaching, free agents, o-line, receivers, etc.)...but he isn't worth 30-35 mil. and if he wants a great team around him, he should be open to reality, and suck up to 20-25 mil, to show he is a team player. Otherwise, he's not our guy.

Brees, however. That guy is gold and I would offer my second born (not happening but still...) to have him as a Bronco!
    Last edited by Ground Control; 12-30-2017 at 12:04 AM.

2. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information