Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Cousins is a pro, but...

Let's look at how this Cousins deal will pan out:

But, let us pretend that it's the Broncos he wants to play for, not Cleveland. He gets the Redskins permission to negotiate a long term deal with Denver. Then the Broncos call the Redskins and try and work out compensation. How much do you think Elway will be willing to give the Redskins under this scenario? Not much, because they are screwed.

They HAVE To deal Cousins, and he will not negotiate a long term contract for any team but a team he wants to play for. And he doesn't have to do anything but sit there and collect $34.6m the Redskins cannot afford to pay him.

So, the leverage is all with the Broncos. If they offered a 6th round pick as a fig-leaf, can the Redskins refuse and demand the Broncos give them at least a 2nd rounder? No. Because the Broncos just walk away, Cousins is mad, and refuses to negotiate with any other team, and what are the Redskins going to do?

Insist on trading his rights to a different team that will offer more? Say, Cleveland in this hypo?

Nope. Because Cousins can say to the Browns: "thank you very much, but I'm not negotiating a long term deal with your team. I want to play in Denver. Or else I'll just stay in DC and take my $34.6m. And if you want to acquire my rights for 1 season at $34.6m then fine, but I'm not going to negotiate with you. At all. I'll just show up and play for a year at that ginormous unprecedented salary, and then become an unrestricted FA in 2019 and you won't be able to keep me under contract, because franchising me for the 4th time would cost you about $41m for 1 season. Not even Cleveland will want to pay that."

He can call their stupid bluff you see. All the power is in Cousins' hands and none in the Redskins hands, which is why this noise about trading him is pure lies and spin attempting to make Dan Snyder look like less of an imbecile. Which he is of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Why must everyone tell me to relax when it is VERY obvious that my tone is light and goofy? Do you not see the smiley face for added impact?

It's all good man. Nobody is on your case.

3. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information