Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like the Chiefs are Starting Mahomes

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Mahomes has even more talent than I had given him credit for.

However, he's started all of 3 games in the NFL. Teams just now have enough tape to actually start tailoring a scheme to defend against him. He'll return to Earth in the next few weeks, and by the end of the season we'll know for sure if he's the next Joe Montana or not.

I'm a little concerned, but the Andy Reid Chiefs always seem to come out of the gates strong and fade by mid-season.
    Oh, NTL...they’ve lost two games in December/January in the last three years (13-2)...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Oh, NTL...they’ve lost two games in December/January in the last three years (13-2)...

Last season they started off 5-0, averaging 32.8 points/game. Alex Smith looked like MVP material, and they were making SuperBowl plans.

Then they lost 6 out of the next 7 games while averaging 19.8 points/game.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Last season they started off 5-0, averaging 32.8 points/game. Alex Smith looked like MVP material, and they were making SuperBowl plans.

Then they lost 6 out of the next 7 games while averaging 19.8 points/game.
    Fair enough. This team looks scary.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Fair enough. This team looks scary.
    so did last year's in september. . . point goes to NTL on this one. . .

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so did last year's in september. . . point goes to NTL on this one. . .
    I mean...they won the division...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Mahommes does look good, better than any QB that we are currently trotting out on the field but KC always starts strong and then finishes like chumps. Much like the Raiders, until they can actually close the deal with a championship that hasnt happened since many of the players dropped out of their mother's vagina's its just "impressive" not much more than that. Still have to close the deal.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Mahomes looks great right now... but so did Deshaun Watson last year throwing 4-6 TDs a game and playing the world beater role. Got injured. How’s he look this year? It’s great that the Queefs have something to be proud of and excited about after 2 weeks, but it’s a long season. I’m not ready to “Crown their ass” quite yet.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I mean...they won the division...
    I'm not trying to make the argument that they'll be an easy out. Just not sold on the idea that these two weeks will extrapolate to an entire season, much less an entire career for Mahomes.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Mahomes has even more talent than I had given him credit for.

However, he's started all of 3 games in the NFL. Teams just now have enough tape to actually start tailoring a scheme to defend against him. He'll return to Earth in the next few weeks, and by the end of the season we'll know for sure if he's the next Joe Montana or not.

I'm a little concerned, but the Andy Reid Chiefs always seem to come out of the gates strong and fade by mid-season.
    Yea, lets not forget the hot start that guys like RGIII and Prescott had before crashing back down to earth. He's playing some good ball. Lets see what happens when he has some tape out there for defenses to look at.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we'll see. . . he sure looks like he has a chance to be very good, and andy knows what he's doing with QBs. . . at the end of the day, i'm a lot more concerned with our QB situation than KC's. . .

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

we'll see. . . he sure looks like he has a chance to be very good, and andy knows what he's doing with QBs. . . at the end of the day, i'm a lot more concerned with our QB situation than KC's. . .
    And frankly, that's completely fair and reasonable.

Remember Trevor Siemian led the league in TD passes after first 2 weeks last year....

The Chiefs are easily the best team in division right now, and will probably win it again this year. But... their concern should be their defense, which is playing like garbage. How long can Mahomes keep throwing 4-6 TDs a game? Because those numbers WILL drop significantly as the season drags on and the weather turns cold. Right now, their success is completely dependent on a guy's arm whose only started 3 games, historically this situation doesn't turn out well for teams.

KC seems to fade into disappointment as the season goes. He looks great though. Will be interested to see if DC's can stop him once more game tape is available on him. No matter what, he is a step up from their last QB and adds another dimension to the team that it lacked in the past with capt checkdown.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This kid scares the hell out of me as a Broncos fan.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This kid scares the hell out of me as a Broncos fan.
    Same. He doesn't strike me as another flash in the pan type that defenses will figure out. I think he has the goods.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information