Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Packers Cheating According to Number of Teams?

Default Green Bay Packers Cheating According to Number of Teams?

According to the below article, "[m]ultiple teams complained to the NFL last week that the Packers violated the rules regarding players who are eligible to be placed on injured reserve -- and that Green Bay should have to release quarterback Aaron Rodgers as a result, league sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...dgers-released

It will be interesting to see how the NFL responds to this because if the NFL doesn't punish the Packers despite their clear and blatant violation of NFL rules, the NFL will have established a precedence moving forward concerning IR transactions. Similarly, the NFL will have created a double standard regarding how it responds to alleged rules violations vs clear and blatant rules violations.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

2. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I wonder if Mike McCarthy & Aaron Rodgers are going to "accidentally" break their phones
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

As it was explained to me, a certain procedure must be followed if a player gets put on the IR twice in one season. Green Bay clearly did that with Rodgers and the accusers claim it was not done properly. Although it is possible the Packers will just get fined, some believe Rodgers should now be granted free agency to sign with any team he wants - except Green Bay. Given that both NY teams currently have unstable QB situations and several other franchises do too, this could be a chance for a team to step to the front of the line and get a premiere quarterback, the way Elway got Peyton Manning a few years ago (our way was totally legit, by the way).
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    As it was explained to me, a certain procedure must be followed if a player gets put on the IR twice in one season. Green Bay clearly did that with Rodgers and the accusers claim it was not done properly. Although it is possible the Packers will just get fined, some believe Rodgers should now be granted free agency to sign with any team he wants - except Green Bay. Given that both NY teams currently have unstable QB situations and several other franchises do too, this could be a chance for a team to step to the front of the line and get a premiere quarterback, the way Elway got Peyton Manning a few years ago (our way was totally legit, by the way).
    I don't think there is anyway that Green Bay will be forced to waive Rodgers, but I would expect the NFL to fine Green Bay and to take away a 2nd to 4th round draft pick. Anything less and the NFL is being inconsistent in the punishment it imposes on teams.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Look guys, a Pats fan admonishing other teams for cheating. That's cute.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Integrity of the game.

9. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This reminds me of Brock trying to get the sidelines fired up after he threw an interception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    This reminds me of Brock trying to get the sidelines fired up after he threw an interception.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

MN always be trollin
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

At least MN lets us look at a half naked chick when he posts. All we get to see when WTE posts is that ugly ass helmet.

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Green Bay would suck horribly without Rogers. Losing him would be a huge blow to that flailing franchise. The NFL would not do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I thought Dom Capers was supposed to be a damn good DC, though his defenses hasn't been up to par. I see he has been let go. And no, I'm not saying Denver should hire him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Green Bay would suck horribly without Rogers. Losing him would be a huge blow to that flailing franchise. The NFL would not do it.
    Not sure the NFL would care too much about that otherwise they wouldnt of let the Browns be as bad as they are for years on end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    And no, I'm not saying Denver should hire him.
    Why not?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Why not?
    It's more of a disclaimer. I'm not for or against, but some folks read into posts, and that's not what is being said. I always thought Capers defenses were pretty good.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information