Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph under microscope as Broncos enter final week of disappointing season

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Joseph under microscope as Broncos enter final week of disappointing season

It is not 5-10 alone that is so troubling to Denver Broncos fans and members of the team’s football department.

It is that four Broncos' defeats have been by 21 points or more.

The Cleveland Browns have one such defeat.

Eight of the Broncos’ 10 losses have been by 10 points or more. Only the 0-15 Browns have more double-digit defeats with nine.

It’s the uncompetitive nature of so many Broncos losses that has likely disturbed general manager John Elway and team president Joe Ellis.
    much more - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...-job/502415989

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The way they are losing is what is disturbing. Even the 4-12 season under McDaniels in 2010 I only really remember the Oakland loss as being ridiculous. There might have been others but it was more "normal" football scores in the losses of around 7-14 points. It's hard to tell how hard they are trying to win these last few games though, more or less feels like preseason right now. If they lose big at home to KC with Paxton starting I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, but I guess it could be an indictment on Vance Joseph and how hard they are playing for him. I remember Kubiaks last game and they went all out to stomp the Raiders in a "meaningless" game.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m still baffled as to how Olivo is still employed by this franchise.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I hope Elway does what's best for the BRONCOS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I read Hurricane Elway is going to make landfall next Monday. LoL

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I read Hurricane Elway is going to make landfall next Monday. LoL
    The local sports radio keeps harping about how Elway seems to be getting none of the blame for this because everyone is "too afraid" to criticize him. This is his first losing season since taking over and only 2 seasons removed from a Super Bowl. I am willing to give him a bit of time to clean up this mess. This offseason will be very telling.

11. The Following 11 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The local sports radio keeps harping about how Elway seems to be getting none of the blame for this because everyone is "too afraid" to criticize him. This is his first losing season since taking over and only 2 seasons removed from a Super Bowl. I am willing to give him a bit of time to clean up this mess. This offseason will be very telling.
    This is what I was referring to....... http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...time/502149519

It's hard to tell if he's serious by keeping Joseph. I'm not big on getting rid of a HC after year, but Joseph looks and acts lost.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Joseph should be under a microscope, there are a varied amount of problems that are directly pointed at him. Sure, JE can take some of the blame for believing that a guy with absolutely no credentials should of taken over this team as HC but at the end of the day JE felt the need to take a chance and it failed. But i hope he has the smarts to cut the dead weight and make a smarter pick next year despite the rumors that Joseph will be returning.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Elway is getting plenty of criticism. The sports radio gurus like Clough are mistaking the the talk of VJ being so bad as somehow Elways escaping criticism, which isn't the case.

17. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sounds like a Klis piece from the title. Harmless, obvious, slightly sycophantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Elway is getting plenty of criticism. The sports radio gurus like Clough are mistaking the the talk of VJ being so bad as somehow Elways escaping criticism, which isn't the case.
    Oh god, Clough is the worst. He keeps acting like he is the lone voice of reason and the only one who DARE question Elway when pretty much everyone rips his draft picks and some other decisions he made. Dude brought us Manning, 2 Super Bowl Appearances and 1 Super Bowl win. He gets a pass from me on this one as long as he makes some big moves soon.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Oh god, Clough is the worst. He keeps acting like he is the lone voice of reason and the only one who DARE question Elway when pretty much everyone rips his draft picks and some other decisions he made. Dude brought us Manning, 2 Super Bowl Appearances and 1 Super Bowl win. He gets a pass from me on this one as long as he makes some big moves soon.
    Do you think Joseph should get another year, or should Elway start over after next Sunday?

Hindsight.
    Seems Kyle Shanahan and Jimmy Garopolo are gone.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

23. The Following 6 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m shocked to see that Roby is the 3rd highest paid player on the roster behind Miller and Talib. He makes more per year than CHJ. I had no idea he made that much as a late 1st round pick.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Hindsight.
    Seems Kyle Shanahan and Jimmy Garopolo are gone.
    You think Belichick would have dealt Jimmy G to Denver? I have my doubts. It seems those 2 have hit it off pretty well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information