Thread: A Chistmas Dream.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default A Chistmas Dream.

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Packers violated League rules by placing Aaron Rodgers on IR without a new injury disclosure. Players who are illegally shuffled to IR are to be released and become FA.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21863467/teams-complain-nfl-green-bay-packers-violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released

Team reps have contacted Goodell and complained that GB is getting special treatment and they should release Rodgers, who is in the last year of his deal.

One could wish for a gift from Santa... or John...

I'm dreaming. I know.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Like this technicality would matter. Rodgers would instantly re-sign with GB.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Like this technicality would matter. Rodgers would instantly re-sign with GB.
    if we're dreaming, may as well go big i guess. . . it's no more far-fetched than drew brees or andrew luck. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, that would be a huge FU to GB if Rodgers decided to go elsewhere but i dont see it happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Remember, Rodgers wouldn’t get to just re-sign with Green Bay. He wouldn’t be a true UFA for the first 24 hrs. He’d have to clear waivers meaning Cleveland would have first shot at him. In short, he’d be a Brown because they’d gladly pick up his contract to own his rights.

Shit would be hysterical if it happened but it won’t. The league will not enforce the rule on this and won’t force the Packers’ hand. Worst case is Green Bay gets fined or something over breaking the rules.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information