Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: New Star Wars... I don't want to go in the spoiler thread so just tell me YES or NO if you liked it

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    7/10 for me. They gave us some bad and good surprises. Empire Strikes Back is still the best of all.

  2. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    303
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    35,273

    Default

    weaz, i ended up seeing it because i was stuck in boulder with an afternoon to kill, and nothing else to do. . . i wouldn't bother unless somebody is buying your ticket. . . it has some entertaining moments, but you can find something better to waste a couple hours on. . . IMO, this one and force awakens are the worst movies of the series by a wide margin. . . JJ abrams is an assclown who should have never been allowed anywhere near the franchise. . . whoever did rogue one should have done all the new ones, because that is a team who knows how to make a legit star wars movie. . .

    that one, madmax fury road and the new blade runner show that you can still make a fantastic sequel to a 70's/80's legend, if it's done right. . . the abrams movies are just run of the mill weakquels. . .

  4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    weaz, i ended up seeing it because i was stuck in boulder with an afternoon to kill, and nothing else to do. . . i wouldn't bother unless somebody is buying your ticket. . . it has some entertaining moments, but you can find something better to waste a couple hours on. . . IMO, this one and force awakens are the worst movies of the series by a wide margin. . . JJ abrams is an assclown who should have never been allowed anywhere near the franchise. . . whoever did rogue one should have done all the new ones, because that is a team who knows how to make a legit star wars movie. . .

    that one, madmax fury road and the new blade runner show that you can still make a fantastic sequel to a 70's/80's legend, if it's done right. . . the abrams movies are just run of the mill weakquels. . .
    FYI: JJ Abrams will be directing Star Wars IX.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    303
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    35,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    FYI: JJ Abrams will be directing Star Wars IX.
    i know. . . i'm gonna skip it. . .

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Adopted Bronco:
    King87
    Posts
    35,429

    Default

    We really liked the movie, weazel.

    dog.....what's wrong with Abrams? I'd have to google to see what movies he has produced.
    why you so serious!

  8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:


  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    We really liked the movie, weazel.

    dog.....what's wrong with Abrams? I'd have to google to see what movies he has produced.
    He produced The Force Awaken & wiped out the Vulcans in his Star Trek reboot.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Adopted Bronco:
    King87
    Posts
    35,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    He produced The Force Awaken & wiped out the Vulcans in his Star Trek reboot.
    And this is a bad thing? I don't know much about Abrams. I thought the Force Awaken was pretty good. Were the Vulcans like Spock?
    why you so serious!

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    And this is a bad thing? I don't know much about Abrams. I thought the Force Awaken was pretty good. Were the Vulcans like Spock?
    FA was little more than a rehashing of the original trilogy and yes, Spock was one of the few that weren't on the planet Vulcan when it got blown up.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:


  13. #24

    Default

    I saw it twice. The more I reflect on it, the less I like it. Wasted so much potential.

  14. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,913

    Default

    I liked it but didnít love it. It pushes the series in a new direction which is a good and bad thing. Iím a huge fan of the saga and my rankings are as follows from best to least to just ok:

    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Rogue One
    5. The Last Jedi
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. The Force Awakens
    9. Attack of the Clones

    I do like all the films for different reasons and put the new one somewhere in limbo right in the middle. The last 45 minutes are some of my favorite moments of the saga.
    8.

  15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  16. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,347

    Default

    I liked it.
    It had some stupid moments that I thought maybe this is a kids movie, like what I thought about the hobbit movies. But overall I liked it. I understand it’s a new movie in the Star Wars theme not a remake. Less kiddie would have been nice.


    I really liked the force awakens though. Maybe even more than rogue one. But the force awakens also had some stupid kiddie parts to it. Maybe it’s that director
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  17. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    303
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    35,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

    dog.....what's wrong with Abrams?
    i think both of his star wars movies have sucked. . .

  18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  19. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think both of his star wars movies have sucked. . .
    He’s only done The Force Awakens. Rian Johnson is responsible for the new one.

  20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  21. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I liked it but didn’t love it. It pushes the series in a new direction which is a good and bad thing. I’m a huge fan of the saga and my rankings are as follows from best to least to just ok:

    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Rogue One
    5. The Last Jedi
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. The Force Awakens
    9. Attack of the Clones

    I do like all the films for different reasons and put the new one somewhere in limbo right in the middle. The last 45 minutes are some of my favorite moments of the saga.
    8.
    I don't mind trying new things and telling new stories, but I think with a franchise as special to people as Star Wars you have to be careful in how you do it. I do not mind killing off the old characters. But it has to be done well and with respect. The story they are telling doesn't make sense to me and it feels like they have no respect for what came before. They are moving forward without respect with what made it Star Wars.

    I don't care about the race or sex of characters, but make the characters likable and well written. And for goodness sake, cast good actors/actresses to play the part. None of which has been done in the newest movie. The characters and story just aren't compelling and worth rooting for. My daughter is their target audience, she is young and all about girl-power...she doesn't like any of the new characters and didn't like the new movie. Still loves the Clone Wars and Rebels though. Those characters are written well and are likable.

    Ep 8 is easily the worst of all the movies...heck, I'd put it below the Star Wars Holiday Special. It's just a mess.

  22. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:


  23. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't mind trying new things and telling new stories, but I think with a franchise as special to people as Star Wars you have to be careful in how you do it. I do not mind killing off the old characters. But it has to be done well and with respect. The story they are telling doesn't make sense to me and it feels like they have no respect for what came before. They are moving forward without respect with what made it Star Wars.

    I don't care about the race or sex of characters, but make the characters likable and well written. And for goodness sake, cast good actors/actresses to play the part. None of which has been done in the newest movie. The characters and story just aren't compelling and worth rooting for. My daughter is their target audience, she is young and all about girl-power...she doesn't like any of the new characters and didn't like the new movie. Still loves the Clone Wars and Rebels though. Those characters are written well and are likable.

    Ep 8 is easily the worst of all the movies...heck, I'd put it below the Star Wars Holiday Special. It's just a mess.
    I get your thought process and agree to an extent, but how we view movies is very subjective. We don’t all have to agree on this one and I’m not trying to convince anyone otherwise. There are 9 movies now and they aren’t all going to appeal to everyone. You can only watch and react at this point. I also like the prequels more than most people my age so I understand how it feels to feel a vastly different opinion than most. But it’s mine and I’ll happily enjoy what I like and move on from what I don’t. I believe you can have a reverence for Star Wars but feel wildly different from fan to fan about the movies and that’s why I love the series.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Star wars geeks.....
    By underrated29 in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:19 AM
  2. New Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trailer
    By MasterShake in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
  3. Star Wars ~ The Musical
    By Den21vsBal19 in forum Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group