Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's not just you btw.
    You chose option a.
    I was leaning towards b or c.

“Yes, it’s you”
    Or just leave him hangin

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

they also moved teams out of SD, STL, and Oakland.

Imagine being one of the people in those cities and trying to watch the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    When WARHORSE gets emo, you know shit has gone sideways.
    Damn.

See?

Emo?

Smh.

lol

Its sickening
    IN PATON I TRUST.

4. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Some of whatt drives me nuts and has taken a huge step upwards is the time players use the microphone to spout their hate of the league, the commissioner, the flag, the president, their contract, the black coaches, the country, being gay, supporting my gay teamate for coming out, the salary cap, the collective bargaining agreement, Elway cutting a player they dont think is right, big corporations taking advantage of the little players, (aghast!) , the kneeling, etc.

Its becoming politicized and politically corrected.

Since when did football give a rip if you were gay? Just get your lips punched in or punch someone elses in and then on to the next play. Be a man.

And who gives a rip if you dont like the president? Shut the hell up and try to make a play, I dont tune in to hear your hurt feelings.

Do your political fighting on your own time.

It used to be about the Broncos breakin a foot off in Bradys ass and makin him beg for more.

The pureness of team and football is now gone.

I think thats what it is for me.......
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I love the Broncos. But Im realizing my desire to watch football is disappearing.

I have 1st row tickets behind the Broncos bench with my family when they vs KC in a week......Im not even pumped.

31 plus years of being a Bronco fan and all of a sudden, its like Im over it.

Its NOT because the Broncos are having a losing season. Ive seen losing seasons come and go, Ive always still been just as energetic.

Even watching other games.

Its just doesnt seem the same.

Anyone else feeling anything like this?
    totally agree, I haven't seen the last 6 games and missed a couple of the first 4 when they were winning. I watched a lot of college ball this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

aside from despising goodell, i really don't give a shit about any politics. . . i'm more with chazzy-- the officiating absolutely has taken away a lot of my enjoyment of the game. . . and yes, that is for sure more on the league office than the refs themselves. . . the lack of clarity over what is a catch is just asinine, and i am terribly sick of DBs getting flagged for not getting out of the receiver's way and allowing the catch. . . which is, of course, completely the league office's fault for their tremendous bungling of the concussion issue. . . plus, play overall is sloppier (and O-line play in general is shit) because they don't have nearly enough padded practices anymore-- chalk that up to the brain damage issue as well. . . but regardless of the reasons behind it, i just find it increasingly less interesting to watch a game that stops every three damn plays for another penalty. . . the other penalty issue that just pisses me off is the automatic first down for illegal contact. . . that's the most bullshit rule in the game! it should be five yards and replay the down. . . stop giving offenses cop-out 1sts on ticky-tack hand-fighting when it's third and long, or third and forever. . .

i also am increasingly turned off by the league's blatant greed, particularly when they mix it with such a spectacular brand of hypocrisy. . . full-price pre-season games, thursday games all year, saturday games, games in foreign countries (with a desire to expand further), the attempt to add more regular season games and/or more playoff teams. . . and on and on, all while talking player safety out the side of their mouths. . . it's gets a little hard to swallow after a while, on top of the price-gouging that's happened at stadiums for years. . . throw in their shamefully inconsistent and random discipline policies (gronk should have been suspended a month), it really makes their brand less appealing. . .

and really, the quality of games is low overall. . . they still have more parity than other leagues, but with the way today's rules favor the passing game, there are quite a few teams out there who have no QB, and little to no hope. . . and with shit line play and a real dearth of impact running backs, it's not like there's much chance of building a solid offense around a running game anymore-- you CAN still build a defensive powerhouse, but we've seen that the window tends to be small for them. . . a lot of games that were legit defensive struggles in the 80s and 90s are now just brutal puntfests that feature incompetent offenses rather than tough, physical, close-played football. . . for me, there was more drama to the game when teams didn't jump in the no-huddle and move up and down the field at will. . . some of the changes were inevitable, but but that doesn't mean i have to like them. . . i still watch and enjoy, but the magic's mostly gone. . . they managed to kill it with their greed and stupidity. . .

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

It's becoming an over-officiated steaming pile of garbage. I also absolutely loathe the team that has dominated the sport for the better part of a decade and a half. I don't loathe them because they dominate I loathe them because they are made up of loathsome people. A pretty boy QB who is a bitch boy, a HC that is an underhanded cheating shit stain, an OC who literally attempted to destroy my favorite team from the inside and an owner who buddies up to judges to get his cheating ass-hat of a QB off of a well deserved suspension.
    I think a lot of people hate the Patriots because they are so smug and conceited and because they were never satisfied with being good, they had to bend the rules constantly.

Deflate-gate was really a bunch of B.S. It never had any chance of changing the outcome of games. It probably wasn't even intentional cheating. It was just another in a long string of things the Patriots did that infuriated people when they learned of it.

Personally, I hate the Patriots and cannot like Brady, but your carping sounds totally like sour grapes, because "pretty boy" is just jealousy not an actual complaint. He's the best QB of all time. He's won more SBs than anybody.

But, I think fans are disgruntled seeing the Patriots win every damn year. I'd like to see someone else win this year. That's why the blown call against the Steelers TD in the last game made so many people so unhappy.

and really, the quality of games is low overall. . . they still have more parity than other leagues, but with the way today's rules favor the passing game, there are quite a few teams out there who have no QB, and little to no hope
    Now THIS is a very good criticism. Does the NFL want to become like basketball where teams only have a chance if they have Lebron or Steff Curry? 28 out of 30 teams have zero chance.

I predicted before the season that the GSW would win in 5 games because the NBA would be too embarrassed to permit a sweep, so in game 4 the refs came out and started calling every thing against the GSW. Once that mission was accomplished, and the series was extended to game 5 they could relax and just let GSW win it. And that's what they did. I don't do coronations so I didn't bother to watch.

Apparently people love these super-teams, but I hate them and refuse to watch NBA basketball at all. If the NFL wants to go in the direction of having about 6 or 8 teams that have a chance every year to win the SB because they have an elite QB I won't watch very long.

The one thing the NFL has going for it is parity. The notion that the Carolina Panthers and Broncos are the worst 2 teams in the NFL in 2011, but in 2015 they meet in the SB. That could never happen in basketball or baseball.

But, if everything is dependent on having an elite QB and there are only about 6 or 8 of them in the NFL that sucks for 24 or 26 other teams, whose fans have no chance.
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-20-2017 at 11:40 AM.

12. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

I'd also say Dogfish is right and the NFL catch rule is hated by everybody. I don't know one person who likes it. Why can't they just say "if it looks like a catch without super-slo-mo then it's a catch. Forget the stupid fancy rules."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'd also say Dogfish is right and the NFL catch rule is hated by everybody. I don't know one person who likes it. Why can't they just say "if it looks like a catch without super-slo-mo then it's a catch. Forget the stupid fancy rules."
    Holy smokes would this be a disaster? No. The rule is quite specific, and I’d prefer that. I’m sorry if this pisses anyone off, but it really doesn’t seem that complicated to me. Going to the ground, don’t bobble it or let the ground move it. Standing up, two feet and a football move. I think it’s actually fairly consistent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you can solve lack of qbs by adding a bigger roster.

Sloter would still be a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

The magic when Peyton was here gave every game, and every season something to be excited about. Now that he's gone it's left a void for me.

The politics surrounding Kap, the kneeling during the national anthem, and owners being closet racists is becoming too much of a soap opera for me (I understand these are real and important issues).
    Nearly every big play is more than likely to go back because of a flag. Not allowed big hits anymore, doesn't really seem to be any big rivalries anymore between any teams (outside of Pit & Cinci).
    Drives me nuts how everything little thing is analysed by the media and former players. Tom Brady is allowed to yell at Josh McD, but Antonio Brown can't yell on the sidelines, it's too much.

And to be honest I'm not excited about the future of this organization with VJ leading the team, I'm not excited about Paxton Lynch, and the defense is losing it's grip as #1 defense in the NFL.

Now if we were to somehow get Kirk Cousins in the off-season along with an OL, it'd be very hard not to be excited about the future with this team.

At the end of the day, give me a competent QB, and make us competitive, and I'll be happy. Don't have to be the Patriots every year, just keep us in the mix each season would be nice.
    Last edited by tripp; 12-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Holy smokes would this be a disaster? No. The rule is quite specific, and I’d prefer that. I’m sorry if this pisses anyone off, but it really doesn’t seem that complicated to me. Going to the ground, don’t bobble it or let the ground move it. Standing up, two feet and a football move. I think it’s actually fairly consistent.
    the enforcement of the rule is incredibly inconsistent. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Sounds like 90% of all the rules.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Is it?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information