Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Is it just me?

I love the Broncos. But Im realizing my desire to watch football is disappearing.

I have 1st row tickets behind the Broncos bench with my family when they vs KC in a week......Im not even pumped.

31 plus years of being a Bronco fan and all of a sudden, its like Im over it.

Its NOT because the Broncos are having a losing season. Ive seen losing seasons come and go, Ive always still been just as energetic.

Even watching other games.

Its just doesnt seem the same.

Anyone else feeling anything like this?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

I've said it during this season a couple of times. Something is off and it's not just the Broncos losing. I watch one game a week anymore.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I can remember being apathetic during McDaniels' second year - winning solves most of that...

But I will say that the politics thing has thrown a wild card in this year. Whether you're annoyed with the commissioner, or the owners, or the kneeling players - it has been divisive and turned people off in a way that the NFL has never had to deal with previously...

Between the politics, the head injury stuff, and the lack of competitiveness across a lot of games - it feels like the NFL stock is declining for the first time in as long as I can remember.

But if we were gearing up for the playoffs I feel like most of that would be an afterthought.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I can remember being apathetic during McDaniels' second year - winning solves most of that...

But I will say that the politics thing has thrown a wild card in this year. Whether you're annoyed with the commissioner, or the owners, or the kneeling players - it has been divisive and turned people off in a way that the NFL has never had to deal with previously...

Between the politics, the head injury stuff, and the lack of competitiveness across a lot of games - it feels like the NFL stock is declining for the first time in as long as I can remember.

But if we were gearing up for the playoffs I feel like most of that would be an afterthought.
    I do believe this has affected me, but still, I feel I would usually state my thoughts and then move on.

Even during the games I watch.

Im not tuning in.....even when I tune in.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

7. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I do believe this has affected me, but still, I feel I would usually state my thoughts and then move on.

Even during the games I watch.

Im not tuning in.....even when I tune in.
    The 8 game losing streak stole our season. We essentially got to enjoy one month of football this year and the rest has been pain.

Im with you on this one.

The leadership inside the league office and its inability to even be remotely consistent has left me unhappy for a long time.

Not to mention the parity has left me longing for players to actually stay with a team long enough to at least have a reason to buy a jersey.

And to top it off, im over all the political usage of a GAME. Great idea, wrong platform. The losing streak just cemented my tv only being on for minimal chunks, although the last 3 weeks i have watched the majority of the games, just to see how bad it really had become, i guess morbid curiosity would be a good description.

Maybe the league can right the ship, but its not looking to promising from my upper level seat.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think the rules and piss poor officiating are huge contributors to my lack of interest. I don't think I've watched a full 4 quarters of non-Broncos football this season, and I've only watched roughly a 3rd of Broncos games.

It's becoming an over-officiated steaming pile of garbage. I also absolutely loathe the team that has dominated the sport for the better part of a decade and a half. I don't loathe them because they dominate I loathe them because they are made up of loathsome people. A pretty boy QB who is a bitch boy, a HC that is an underhanded cheating shit stain, an OC who literally attempted to destroy my favorite team from the inside and an owner who buddies up to judges to get his cheating ass-hat of a QB off of a well deserved suspension.

The NFL is slowly becoming the NBA and that is not a good thing.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think the rules and piss poor officiating are huge contributors to my lack of interest. I don't think I've watched a full 4 quarters of non-Broncos football this season, and I've only watched roughly a 3rd of Broncos games.

It's becoming an over-officiated steaming pile of garbage. I also absolutely loathe the team that has dominated the sport for the better part of a decade and a half. I don't loathe them because they dominate I loathe them because they are made up of loathsome people. A pretty boy QB who is a bitch boy, a HC that is an underhanded cheating shit stain, an OC who literally attempted to destroy my favorite team from the inside and an owner who buddies up to judges to get his cheating ass-hat of a QB off of a well deserved suspension.

The NFL is slowly becoming the NBA and that is not a good thing.
    I don't know man - ever since we lived through replacement officials during the referee lockout, I have a new found appreciation for them. If anything, I think the rules committee is more to blame for all of their nonsense rules like what is a catch vs not a catch, celebrating vs not celebrating, etc. I think the officials do a pretty good job.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't know man - ever since we lived through replacement officials during the referee lockout, I have a new found appreciation for them. If anything, I think the rules committee is more to blame for all of their nonsense rules like what is a catch vs not a catch, celebrating vs not celebrating, etc. I think the officials do a pretty good job.
    I'm probably too hard on officials and I agree it's more the rules than the men enforcing them. You're right.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’ve found myself more interested in the league this year than the last couple. I watch the Broncos regardless, but I have just been more in-tune with what’s going on around the league more so than I have for probably three or four years. I don’t really see the problems in officiating some do and I don’t care about the politics, either way.

Maybe I’m an outlier.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The 8 game losing streak stole our season. We essentially got to enjoy one month of football this year and the rest has been pain.
    I guess this is it. I was really excited to play the Cowboys. The Buffalo loss worried me, but still was amped for the Raiders and Giants games.

But man. . .after that Giants game I knew we were in trouble, and haven't been able to enjoy one since.

It is interesting though. In previous seasons when I knew we weren't good, I still enjoyed watching other teams. I didn't even turn on MNF last night. That's different. But I think it might be after our Great Manning Years, it's such a let down that it's affecting my interest in all games for a bit. I'm guessing it will come back.

I have only watched Denver games for years.

I do have to say it annoys the crap out of me when they have to pan over the players and talk to death about who is kneeling or sitting or doing handstands but it is just an annoyance and doesn't change whether I watch or not, I just don't watch the anthem.

My 1 and a half year old is the reason why I'm not watching as much football as I used to. She won't let me sit on my ass for 3 hours staring at the TV.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

This.

I would be more interested in the Broncos this year, as Buff stated, but my overall interest in the league as a whole is likely gone forever. Denver is the only game I care to watch in its entirety anymore. I just don’t care how the rest plays out.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Its just because of how bad the team has been this year. I doubt anyone made statements like this when PFM arrived to his departure.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information