Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 16 (Redskins week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 16 (Redskins week)

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 29m29 minutes ago

A chance the Broncos DON'T announce their starting quarterback for Sunday. Vance Joseph may want to see Paxton Lynch practice Wednesday and confer with the training staff on where he is physically after his ankle sprain.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 28m28 minutes ago

Broncos re-signed WR River Cracraft to the practice squad.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “We have not yet” made a decision on the starting QB for the Washington game.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "We're going to discuss as a staff where we are. Lynch came in Saturday and Sunday and threw the ball."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "We want to see Paxton play some. That's the truth. We have to see where he is as a player headed into the offseason."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "Players get better playing in games. I've seen (Lynch) play in practice obviously...with game experience some guys get better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I think the personal milestones with players are important. (CJ Anderson) getting 1,000 yards is important for us."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Joseph on Siemian's future with the team: "I'm not sure. That's a question we'll all have to answer after the season, a number of us."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Joseph on Siemian: "He's had two (left) shoulder injuries this year. He's a good, young QB. Smart, tough.'' #9sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lynch needs to play.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lynch needs to play.
    :puke:

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The whole season has been puke. Do you want to go into next season with the Lynch question still hanging in the air? I don’t. He needs as many No. 1 reps and minutes in real games as he can get now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    It sucks, but it's true. I know exactly what we have in Os. We have a guy that I trust can win some games in relief, and MAYBE even be a middle tier starter if needed. However, we don't know if Pax can even show enough to think we want him on the roster next year. I want to see Os start this week, maybe see Pax come in for relief in the second half, or maybe just give Pax the Chief's game. Either way, he needs to get out there and play. This will be his last chance as a Denver Bronco I believe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If we go another offseason hoping Lynch wins the job, which results in Siemian starting again, I may not watch a game next year. Anything to jump start the quarterback rebuild is welcomed. Play Lynch. Let him suck.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Mo articulates my position very well.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

As long as they are only trying to evaluate to nail down next year’s #2...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I believe GEM's position is we've seen one too many games with Lynch, even though not very many.....he's not very good. I don't believe he's going to magically 'find his rhythm' against the Redskins or Chiefs. Perhaps, it's a way Denver can say they gave him a shot.

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I believe GEM's position is we've seen one too many games with Lynch, even though not very many.....he's not very good. I don't believe he's going to magically 'find his rhythm' against the Redskins or Chiefs. Perhaps, it's a way Denver can say they gave him a shot.
    They gave Siemian 25 games. They can give Lynch 6.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos @StingRay56 said not sure if will play again this season after screws removed. He's played in pain all season. "Not looking great to play" this year. But guy left it on field. Dropped from 242 to 225 lbs. Can't play at that weight with on hand #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Did Ray hurt his eating hand?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    It sucks, but it's true. I know exactly what we have in Os. We have a guy that I trust can win some games in relief, and MAYBE even be a middle tier starter if needed. However, we don't know if Pax can even show enough to think we want him on the roster next year. I want to see Os start this week, maybe see Pax come in for relief in the second half, or maybe just give Pax the Chief's game. Either way, he needs to get out there and play. This will be his last chance as a Denver Bronco I believe.
    Sadly, it won't. It should be, but it won't.

What will Elway conclude if Paxton goes out and stinks it up? That "he's not ready". Will they just dump him then? No. They will bring him back again next off-season, dust him off and try and "get him ready."

They wasted a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to select this useless chode, just 2 years ago. While most fans are ready to move on, they still want to justify that investment. And he's still cheap under his rookie contract.

My guess is that Paxton is in a QB competition next year for the #3 scout team QB with Chad Kelly. Last year they kept Paxton and dumped Kyle Sloter. Next off-season it could be Chad Kelly's turn. I would hope they give up on him at some point, but Elway is incredibly stubborn and he sticks with his crappy draft picks way too long.

#1 - Osweiler or a Veteran FA QB.
    #2 - rookie draft pick QB.
    #3 - Lynch or Chad Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If we go another offseason hoping Lynch wins the job, which results in Siemian starting again, I may not watch a game next year. Anything to jump start the quarterback rebuild is welcomed. Play Lynch. Let him suck.
    Trevor Siemian just re-injured his same shoulder as last year. He's a 7th round pick, and nothing is invested in him. They can and probably will just release him. He doesn't figure in their future starter plans, and they have no interest in him long-term as a developmental project. They know what they have there and it isn't much.

Chances they just hand him the starting job again over Lynch in a repeat of last year? Pretty much nil.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sadly, it won't. It should be, but it won't.

What will Elway conclude if Paxton goes out and stinks it up? That "he's not ready". Will they just dump him then? No. They will bring him back again next off-season, dust him off and try and "get him ready."

They wasted a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to select this useless chode, just 2 years ago. While most fans are ready to move on, they still want to justify that investment. And he's still cheap under his rookie contract.

My guess is that Paxton is in a QB competition next year for the #3 scout team QB with Chad Kelly. Last year they kept Paxton and dumped Kyle Sloter. Next off-season it could be Chad Kelly's turn. I would hope they give up on him at some point, but Elway is incredibly stubborn and he sticks with his crappy draft picks way too long.

#1 - Osweiler or a Veteran FA QB.
    #2 - rookie draft pick QB.
    #3 - Lynch or Chad Kelly
    I think you're dead wrong. John won't waste a roster spot on him unless he shows John and VJ reason to believe he can improve enough to be the backup. If not, they won't bring him back because they aren't carrying 4 QBs. The only possible way he keeps a spot (if he stinks it up the last two games) is if Osweiler goes elsewhere. If Os stays he is the clear #2 and Kelly will be the third.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information