Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 16 (Redskins week)

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Whoever we play or don’t vs Washington, the goal is not to win another game. That’s why I wanna see Lynch play. If we lose out on a top 10 pick for some moral victories I’m not gonna be happy. All moral victories do is keep you shitty the following year. Ask Mike Shanahan.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I think Joseph kind of talked himself into a corner when we were 3-9, saying that they were focused on winning no matter what, not showcasing young guys. Even though these wins ultimately didn't mean anything, that was what he put out there. Now we want to showcase the young guys, even though Os is clearly our best QB right now. Which is fine, but I think he has to set the stage for that, since it contradicts what he originally said.

Long story short, I agree that Lynch needs to play. If he hadn't gotten hurt against the Raiders, he probably would have played a bit more this year and we all would have seen that he sucks. If he shows that in the last two games, so be it. We need to make a decision and stick to it.

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think you're dead wrong. John won't waste a roster spot on him unless he shows John and VJ reason to believe he can improve enough to be the backup. If not, they won't bring him back because they aren't carrying 4 QBs. The only possible way he keeps a spot (if he stinks it up the last two games) is if Osweiler goes elsewhere. If Os stays he is the clear #2 and Kelly will be the third.
    Let's assume Kelly is the #3 and the #1 is a player not currently on the roster. So who is #2? Not Os, he's too expensive because there is no way he signs a contract at backup QB value, more likely he goes to some other bottom half team where he has a legitimate chance to compete for the starting role. Between Lynch and Siemian it's logically Trevor. Siemian is cheaper now, and cheaper going forward because he would easily sign a backup QB contract whereas Paxton will always think he's a starter and will hold out for a 1st round pick 2nd contract which even at the low-end is too much to pay a backup. Plus, Trevor is smarter, will be prepared, and won't cause any locker room issues by pouting because he's not starting. As an insurance QB he's the smart money choice. Of course this all depends on the #1 being a slam dunk vet and not another high round project giraffe, er rookie.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Whoever we play or don’t vs Washington, the goal is not to win another game. That’s why I wanna see Lynch play. If we lose out on a top 10 pick for some moral victories I’m not gonna be happy. All moral victories do is keep you shitty the following year. Ask Mike Shanahan.
    Well, the goal for every player that steps on the field is to have a good game and hopefully win. Every time these guys step on a field it's a job interview, whether for their current team or another, especially when the team you're on is probably about to go into rebuild mode. Good luck getting any player to ever buy into tanking.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Let's assume Kelly is the #3 and the #1 is a player not currently on the roster. So who is #2? Not Os, he's too expensive because there is no way he signs a contract at backup QB value, more likely he goes to some other bottom half team where he has a legitimate chance to compete for the starting role. Between Lynch and Siemian it's logically Trevor. Siemian is cheaper now, and cheaper going forward because he would easily sign a backup QB contract whereas Paxton will always think he's a starter and will hold out for a 1st round pick 2nd contract which even at the low-end is too much to pay a backup. Plus, Trevor is smarter, will be prepared, and won't cause any locker room issues by pouting because he's not starting. As an insurance QB he's the smart money choice. Of course this all depends on the #1 being a slam dunk vet and not another high round project giraffe, er rookie.

If I thought TS was talented enough to be counted on reliably I would agree with you. I don't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    46m46 minutes ago

Broncos opened as 5-point underdogs vs. Washington. Then it dropped to 4.5 points. It's now 3.5. Wonder if Vegas believes Osweiler is starting. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

I can't believe there is even a debate on starting QB. Paxton has barely practiced this year. Brock is rolling. It should be Brock. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

Justin Simmons also in locker room. His left ankle doesn't need surgery. He said he could have returned for KC finale, but it was decided to put him on IR as precaution. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

DE Derek Wolfe also in locker room. He will have stem-cell treatment to help repair tissue in neck area. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

DE Jared Crick seen in locker room. He had disc surgery. Contract up but hopes to return with Broncos next year. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

2h2 hours ago

I can't believe there is even a debate on starting QB. Paxton has barely practiced this year. Brock is rolling. It should be Brock. #9sports
    This.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This.
    Klis is a retard. Why play him? So Brock can acquire some stats to try to get some dumb team to overpay him again next year? He’s on a one year deal with us. It behooves us, especially if there’s any more inkling we might want to bring him back, to play the “we know w what Brock brings” card and NOT play him. That way we can lowball him to be on the roster next year. If he plays lights out the last two games it gives his agent ammo to negotiate for more $.

Bottom line, we still need to get Lynch reps. Playing Brock “to win” does nothing but help the players who played like shit for 8 games feel better about themselves. I don’t care how they feel. Half of them might not even be here next year.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They gave Siemian 25 games. They can give Lynch 6.
    or, they could give trev some more games. . . how would you feel about that, MO?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Klis is a retard. Why play him? So Brock can acquire some stats to try to get some dumb team to overpay him again next year? He’s on a one year deal with us. It behooves us, especially if there’s any more inkling we might want to bring him back, to play the “we know w what Brock brings” card and NOT play him. That way we can lowball him to be on the roster next year. If he plays lights out the last two games it gives his agent ammo to negotiate for more $.

Bottom line, we still need to get Lynch reps. Playing Brock “to win” does nothing but help the players who played like shit for 8 games feel better about themselves. I don’t care how they feel. Half of them might not even be here next year.
    I think Brock learned (earned?) his lesson.

Paxton sucks. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default After third wrist surgery, Broncos’ Shane Ray weighing whether he can play in final two games

Linebacker Shane Ray entered training camp expecting a career year. He felt it, physically and mentally, and with DeMarcus Ware retired, the Broncos needed it.

But the good feelings ended two days into training camp when Ray injured his left wrist and had to undergo surgery to repair the bone and ligaments. All of preseason was shot, along with the first six games of the regular season as he was placed on injured reserve.

Now Ray and the Broncos are mulling whether he should play the final two games.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/18...-wrist-injury/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Klis was heavy in the tank for Siemian recently, after he took over for Lynch in that Raiders game. Said we "had" to go back to Siemian. I always asked - why not Brock, who was clearly performing better? I doubt Klis would be pushing for Siemian now, but the injury gave him an out on that one.

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Klis was heavy in the tank for Siemian recently, after he took over for Lynch in that Raiders game. Said we "had" to go back to Siemian. I always asked - why not Brock, who was clearly performing better? I doubt Klis would be pushing for Siemian now, but the injury gave him an out on that one.
    Maybe Paxton snubbed Klis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Maybe crying on the sideline has given Paxton new life, and new confidence.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

My read on Klis is not that he's an idiot, but that he depends on his access for his job, and is loyal to the Broncos front office and players to a fault... (e.g. he praised Elway bringing Brock back, he was called out positively by Talib for criticizing his suspension, he has praised multiple VJ practices, and there was the incident during training camp where he accidentally sent a DM publicly where he appeared to be telling the Broncos PR not to share information with his Denver Post competition, Nikki Jbvala).

So him tweeting about Brock is probably the prevailing view among players, and it helps him curry favor in the locker room.

23. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information