Thread: Bengals coach Marvin Lewis plans to leave team, explore other opportunities

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Bengals coach Marvin Lewis plans to leave team, explore other opportunities

After 15 seasons in Cincinnati that have made him the longest-tenured head coach in franchise history, Marvin Lewis is planning to leave the Bengals after this season to pursue opportunities elsewhere, league sources told ESPN.

As he has done in the past, Lewis willingly opted to enter 2017 on the final year of his contract, but unlike other years, this time he is planning to leave Cincinnati, sources said.

With a flurry of head-coaching openings expected in the coming weeks and a shortage of obvious head-coaching candidates with experience, Lewis is likely to be on teams' short lists of candidates, league sources said.
    rest - plus video, Adam Schefter - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...bengals-season

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

go get yourself a cushy college job, marv. . . you deserve it after herding the bungles that long. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    go get yourself a cushy college job, marv. . . you deserve it after herding the bungles that long. . .
    To me, being a college coach sounds like more work than being an NFL coach. On top of all the coaching stuff you have to do, you have to spend the whole offseason recruiting. Plus, college fanbases/media tend to be way crazier than pro ones. I don't see that being cushier than the NFL at all.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Plus college football sucks

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Plus college football sucks
    I feel like top level college football between two big schools with passionate fanbases is better than almost any NFL game you'll watch. But bad college football is definitely way worse than NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    To me, being a college coach sounds like more work than being an NFL coach. On top of all the coaching stuff you have to do, you have to spend the whole offseason recruiting. Plus, college fanbases/media tend to be way crazier than pro ones. I don't see that being cushier than the NFL at all.
    The worst is the boosters who want the coach to golf with them all the time and attend parties and fundraisers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

I am predicting Josh Mcdaniels will be hired there. He is from Ohio where is father is some legendary HS coach. Plus, that owner or organization does not exactly fire people quick. Marvin Lewis has been there A LONG TIME and has never won a play off game there. They had talent too during that time.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information