Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So, i guess i can now let the cat out of the bag.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default So, i guess i can now let the cat out of the bag.

No, its not about my love of Tom Brady so **** you all because i know you all were going to say it (Chazoe im looking at you)...

Nope, i kind of hinted toward this i think a few weeks back when i talked about how i lost some weight the last few months. The change in diet certainly did me a lot of favors (Since September i have dropped about 40 lbs) but this was all part of a process to prep me for Monday when i go into surgery for what they call a "sleeve". I went to my regular doctor last week for pre-op stuff and he reminded me that in January of this year i weighed 369 lbs and when they weighed me last week i was down to 325 lbs. All of which came from September to now due to the change in diet and taking my health more seriously. I mean, im 47 (act like im 18 i know) so im not getting any younger at this rate and having just learned of the lead singer of Nevermore/Sanctuary passing yesterday at age 48 only cements the idea that i kind of need to quit messing around before its too late. So, i go into surgery Monday and should only take 45 minutes to complete. I will stay overnight so they can make sure im going to be ok but from there i will be home for 3 weeks. Its going to be a big change in diet and what i can and cant eat going forward but ive done well already so i think i can handle this. The no alcohol for a year is going to suck but i had cut way back anyway because of my blood pressure and what not.

Needless to say, ive never had surgery before and although the doctor says the surgery is pretty much routine and should be no problems i know for myself that life always tends to throw a wrench at me one way or another. So, just in case i dont wake back up just wanted to say thanks for all the sports and entertainment talk. Whether you liked me or disliked me its all good and at least if i bite it no one will have to worry about my supreme knowledge and my complete ownage of all of you on this board. Plus, you wont get any more Emma, she's coming with me just like the old Pharaohs.

But, if i live than you all have suck it up and deal with my extremely hottakes served extra crispy.

Seriously though, things should be fine but just in case i love you all no matter how dopey you bitches can be.

Bud, you got this! Congrats on what you've done on your own, lots of changes and change sucks.

Love ya, north. Tell Missy she's also in our thoughts!

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

I’m 46 man, I feel ya. I quit drinking soda 4-5 months ago and I feel great. I lost 5 pounds simply because I quit drinking Coke.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

No worries North, you'll come through and continue your positive change. Congrats on how far you've come man, you'll beer amazed at your progress after this.

There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here about diet and exercise, not more knowledgeable than your medical staff though. Let me know if I can ever offer some advice!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Good luck brother. We all love ya.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

gl man, i eat healthy for most part, but am addicted to soda.

Hope it works out for ya

11. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Good luck!

If you want a substitute drink that won't **** you up, switch to carbonated seltzer water. I have been buying cases of those like crazy lately. Orange, cherry, lime, etc, decent enough flavor. Make sure its not 1 with added sugar or sodium. All 0's on the back of the box...

Has done wonders for my soda addition.

I've lost about 20 pounds just doing that.

13. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

You'll be fine. Good luck!

If you're single, just think about Emma Watson waiting for you with open arms when all of this is over.

If you're married, just think about Emma Watson waiting for you with open arms when all of this is over.

And try to avoid death metal during this trying period. Go Hall and Oates.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Good luck!

If you want a substitute drink that won't **** you up, switch to carbonated seltzer water. I have been buying cases of those like crazy lately. Orange, cherry, lime, etc, decent enough flavor. Make sure its not 1 with added sugar or sodium. All 0's on the back of the box...

Has done wonders for my soda addition.

I've lost about 20 pounds just doing that.
    I switched to propel grape water. All 0's and it tastes good. Lately though I've been doing fruit and herb infused water. My favorite is lemon sage.

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    gl man, i eat healthy for most part, but am addicted to soda.

Hope it works out for ya
    Quit while you’re young. Soda is long term death death.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Don’t listen to DS. Hall and Oats is a terrible idea.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I switched to propel grape water. All 0's and it tastes good. Lately though I've been doing fruit and herb infused water. My favorite is lemon sage.
    I drink one or two Izzy’s per day . I love em.

23. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

GEM

Sounds to me like you are jealous of davii and his anal probing and wanted a go for yourself.

I always liked you so don’t die. Besides Anubis is god of the dead, no? This is a good thing. Congrats sir!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Don’t listen to DS. Hall and Oats is a terrible idea.
    How can you not like "Private Eyes" or "Maneater"? Come on Al!

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good luck man. You got this!

29. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information