Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So, i guess i can now let the cat out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I switched to propel grape water. All 0's and it tastes good. Lately though I've been doing fruit and herb infused water. My favorite is lemon sage.
    I like flavored waters but for me to quit my soda dependence it needed to be carbonated.

2. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Unfortunately once i have this surgery i believe i cant have carbonated drinks anymore. Which is ok, i have had flavored water over the course of the last few months and while not always the greatest in taste it does the job.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

No carbonated?!? Shit, I would just tell them to pull the plug.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Once you stop drinking carbonated, when you go back and have one, yuck, it's like a bloated feeling. Though a vanilla coke once in awhile is pretty good.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Unfortunately once i have this surgery i believe i cant have carbonated drinks anymore. Which is ok, i have had flavored water over the course of the last few months and while not always the greatest in taste it does the job.
    I was a Dr. Pepper junkie since I was a kid. Then Cherry Coke came along. Then Cherry Vanilla Coke. It was part of my everyday routine. I rarely drank water despite my dad and uncle stressing the importance of it.

Then I got a kidney stone. The pain was so bad, water started to taste 100x better than any soda when I thought about what I went through. Pain will do that do you. We're in our 40s which is the grey area of doing things we can get away with on a weekly basis. Daily is pushing it. If we're blessed to reach the big 5-0, it needs to be on a monthly basis. Well maybe not. For every bad day, I make up for it with 5 straight good days. I'm currently trying to let go of potato chips, my last daily food vice. It's tough, but my up and down blood pressure makes it easier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Once you stop drinking carbonated, when you go back and have one, yuck, it's like a bloated feeling. Though a vanilla coke once in awhile is pretty good.
    The first time I went back, which was about a year after my kidney stone, it tasted like bitter sugar. I only had it because I was in the movie theater and figured one wouldn't hurt. It didn't, but that was my last soda.
    Last edited by Devilspawn; 12-16-2017 at 12:21 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I was a Dr. Pepper junkie since I was a kid. Then Cherry Coke came along. Then Cherry Vanilla Coke. It was part of my everyday routine. I rarely drank water despite my dad and uncle stressing the importance of it.

Then I got a kidney stone. The pain was so bad, water started to taste 100x better than any soda when I thought about what I went through. Pain will do that do you. We're in our 40s which is the grey area of doing things we can get away with on a weekly basis. Daily is pushing it. If we're blessed to reach the big 5-0, it needs to be on a monthly basis. Well maybe not. For every bad day, I make up for it with 5 straight good days. I'm currently trying to let go of potato chips, my last daily food vice. It's tough, but my up and down blood pressure makes it easier lol.

The first time I went back, which was about a year after my kidney stone, it tasted like bitter sugar. I only had it because I was in the movie theater and figured one wouldn't hurt. It didn't, but that was my last soda.
    I drink about a gallon of water a day now and I feel great. Coke doesn’t even taste good to me anymore.

My painful teaching moment was diverticulitis; two episodes within 12 months. The second time I opted not to get medical attention or antibiotics. Instead I went on a liquid diet for 3 days and quit soda. After a week when my bowels started to clear up I felt better than I had in years.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I was drinking about 2 liters of soda per day for awhile there.

Now I only drink it when I go out to eat, otherwise only carbonated water.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Wish you all the best, North.

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Good stuff North. Not sure who will be with you post op, but those are some of the funniest stories I have heard and witnessed. I woke up from ACL surgery two years ago, and loudly professed my love for one of my younger engineers at work. Thankfully my wife knows him and the docs explained something like this might happen.

All jokes aside. Glad you are taking your health seriously. Wish I could do the same. Keep us posted. We are all pulling for a fast and easy recovery.

17. The Following User High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post

Then I got a kidney stone.
    Yeeeep. Ive had a chronic problem with stones, it sucks donkey balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    Good stuff North. Not sure who will be with you post op, but those are some of the funniest stories I have heard and witnessed. I woke up from ACL surgery two years ago, and loudly professed my love for one of my younger engineers at work. Thankfully my wife knows him and the docs explained something like this might happen.

All jokes aside. Glad you are taking your health seriously. Wish I could do the same. Keep us posted. We are all pulling for a fast and easy recovery.
    Thanks man, Missy will be with me post OP so i have no idea what to expect if i have any kind of side effects. I may actually think im seeing Emma when i wake up, that cant be a bad thing right? Unless i say it out loud but that wouldnt surprise Missy either honestly. lmao

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Prayers for you North. Wishing you the best

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No worries North, you'll come through and continue your positive change. Congrats on how far you've come man, you'll beer amazed at your progress after this.

There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here about diet and exercise, not more knowledgeable than your medical staff though. Let me know if I can ever offer some advice!

Damn Davii, that's just cruel after North says he can't have alcohol for a year.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I was going to make a remark at some point on if that was an intended pun and forgot

Let us know how everything went as soon as you can, North.

27. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information