Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    dunno if I would give up my top prospect, let alone 4 of them, for Evan Longoria. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.
    I think this calls for a Bay Area radio host to call out the commissioner and then throw a hissy fit!

Turns out my rant isn’t done. The Astros did exactly this when Biggio and Bagwell retired. They’re fans had to listen to how a 5-6 second basemen was the organizations’ savior and how picking the college shortstop wasn’t a value pick over the high school kids.

And what about the Royals, who decided to have one more go and now haven’t even really attempted to go after Hosmer, Moustakas, Cain and Escobar? They aren’t even going to get anything in return for those players except maybe a couple low first and second round picks.

The Braves are in full rebuild mode. Should that ownership be investigated?

Sorry, that’s just ridiculous.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think this calls for a Bay Area radio host to call out the commissioner and then throw a hissy fit!

Turns out my rant isn’t done. The Astros did exactly this when Biggio and Bagwell retired. They’re fans had to listen to how a 5-6 second basemen was the organizations’ savior and how picking the college shortstop wasn’t a value pick over the high school kids.

And what about the Royals, who decided to have one more go and now haven’t even really attempted to go after Hosmer, Moustakas, Cain and Escobar? They aren’t even going to get anything in return for those players except maybe a couple low first and second round picks.

dunno what all that was about but are you saying you would or would not trade your top prospect and 3 others for Longoria? I don't care either way as I'm not all that interested in MLB and may not realise how great an aging Longoria is.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And let’s talk about ******* Marlins Man. Maybe buy some tickets in the actual stadium where the Marlins are instead of jet-setting around the country to be seen behind home plate at everyone else’s games.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

dunno what all that was about but are you saying you would or would not trade your top prospect and 3 others for Longoria? I don't care either way as I'm not all that interested in MLB and may not realise how great an aging Longoria is.
    Sorry, I’m on a Marlins whiny fan rant.

The Rays probably won that trade, I don’t disagree.

And let’s talk about ******* Marlins Man. Maybe buy some tickets in the actual stadium where the Marlins are instead of jet-setting around the country to be seen behind home plate at everyone else’s games.
    That guy should win some kind of douche of the year award

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

*Their

Royals fans should be pissed too.

You raise an interesting point though - certainly teams should be allowed to rebuild if they think that's in their best interest... But I do feel uniquely bad for Florida as this is the 2nd time they've had their entire team basically decimated - how are you supposed to support the team in 2017. If you were a season ticket holder, how could you justify paying for those tickets?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That guy should win some kind of douche of the year award
    Derek Jeter (for those who may not know, he’s part of the Marlins’ new ownership group) had a Q&A with fans this week. Marlins Man asked him “do you know who I am?” Yeah, he’s kind of full of himself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*Their

Royals fans should be pissed too.

You raise an interesting point though - certainly teams should be allowed to rebuild if they think that's in their best interest... But I do feel uniquely bad for Florida as this is the 2nd time they've had their entire team basically decimated - how are you supposed to support the team in 2017. If you were a season ticket holder, how could you justify paying for those tickets?
    They have one of the lowest season ticket holder bases in the league. They weren’t paying for it to begin with.

This is just how the sport works. Small market teams lose big name players to trade and free agency. It’s just how it works. When Manfred came at him with the fact that the bottom teams several years ago are at the top now, it basically negates anything he’s whining about.

I’m not pissed. Those guys won a World Series for my team. Now the Royals can’t afford them. So be it.

Adopted Bronco:

Could be worse. You could hold on to talent until it's trade value disappears...pay big money for mediocre talent instead...only keep players you like...and still not seriously contend for a championship. Then when your farm system is dead, MLB talent is washed up or injured, tell the fan base you aren't rebuilding...just "retooling". And when you do get offered a valuable trade, you nix it because the incoming player jammed his thumb in high school.

Quite honestly...I have no sympathy for other organizations. Even if they are trending downward, at least they have a direction.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Could be worse. You could hold on to talent until it's trade value disappears...pay big money for mediocre talent instead...only keep players you like...and still not seriously contend for a championship. Then when your farm system is dead, MLB talent is washed up or injured, tell the fan base you aren't rebuilding...just "retooling". And when you do get offered a valuable trade, you nix it because the incoming player jammed his thumb in high school.

Quite honestly...I have no sympathy for other organizations. Even if they are trending downward, at least they have a direction.
    see also, the Detroit Tigers - though they are at least open about rebuilding now
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:

And they are open to spending money on quality players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

One month.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    And knowledgeable ownership. Which is already one of the reasons I'm looking to adopt in the first place.
    Dodgers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Feel bad for Pirates fans - the McCutchen era should have produced more. He still has plenty of good Coors ABs left in him I'm sure.

Never feel bad for Pittsburgh people, Buff.

Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

WTE

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information