Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    San Francisco is my pick.
    They really strengthened their lineup this offseason, but the back of that rotation is not good. I forgot about Austin Jackson.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think it's good for you. It's a peaceful game and you, just like I, have a rageful nature. I remember how much fun I used to have watching it.

Back when I was a younger man. Back when I had dreams.

But we're past that. I just enough it now because the season is so long it's 'always' a diversion. And I like reading the history. I figured out that I don't want to root for a team (in any sport) that isn't at least an occasional move maker. The hot stove part of baseball is what I like. And I like big name pitchers and hitters doing work.

I want the glitz and the glam. It's why I hated being a Reds fan. Just bleh. Bland. Irrelevant. The Dodgers are older, bloated, and the team's about to fall apart in the next two seasons. Regardless, they're of the mindset to retool and try.

Do that work!
    It is calming. Football stresses me out while baseball is a purely joyful experience. My family's life revolves around baseball for a little over 5 months of the year.

Between my son and daughter they play 110+ baseball/softball games a season and combined with practices we spend a huge chunk of everyday doing something baseball related and when we are home just relaxing the TV is on either the Rockies game or MLB network.

The cool thing is that even if my kids have a bad game or their team loses I still have a good day if it's spent with the family at the diamond.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

As football declines (for variety of reasons) do you think baseball's popularity will pick back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As football declines (for variety of reasons) do you think baseball's popularity will pick back up?
    I don't know. I hope so. It seems like basketball is the popular sport with kids. In talking with kids I've coached and my son's friends it seems like 70% or more of them will tell you that basketball is their favorite sport. I see a ton of kids wearing basketball stuff and very few wearing baseball stuff.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Baseball gear isn't really fun to wear, aside from the hat. I love the association, but it's a little top heavy as a sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Baseball gear isn't really fun to wear, aside from the hat. I love the association, but it's a little top heavy as a sport.
    Have you seen baseballism? They make great baseball themed stuff. A ton of shirts and hats. My son wears three kinds of tee-shirts
    70% baseball shirts (most of them from baseballism)
    20% star wars
    10% Simpsons.

I don't know that he owns a shirt that doesn't fit into one of those categories.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Arizona is following the Rockies' lead and implementing a humidor -

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I’ve thought about going to a few Nashville Sounds games. They’re a Triple A affiliate for Oakland. Should I be an A’s fan?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I’ve thought about going to a few Nashville Sounds games. They’re a Triple A affiliate for Oakland. Should I be an A’s fan?
    They'd be more fun to root for than the Reds. Have you seen/read Moneyball?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You should go to games, hell yeah.

I don't know about being an A's fan, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not if he's worried about selling off players...

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You should go to games, hell yeah.

I don't know about being an A's fan, though.
    Nashville SC plays at the Sounds ballpark. I went Saturday and it’s a neat stadium. Big screen is guitar shaped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	584B4DA4-6046-45A9-90B7-FE7EEF6231C5.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	11785

18. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nashville SC plays at the Sounds ballpark. I went Saturday and it’s a neat stadium. Big screen is guitar shaped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	584B4DA4-6046-45A9-90B7-FE7EEF6231C5.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	11785
    Best scoreboard in sports.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I’ve grown to like the Orioles over the past few years. I just wish they were closer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I’ve grown to like the Orioles over the past few years. I just wish they were closer.
    Don't fight your natural affinity for a team... Just go with it. Kind of like dave's sexuality.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information