Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Feel bad for Pirates fans - the McCutchen era should have produced more. He still has plenty of good Coors ABs left in him I'm sure.
    And now he'll get more.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Chipper Jones, Vlad Guerero (SP?), Hoffman and Jim Thome elected into the HOF. Very good class but here's a problem I have with the voting.
    Vlad, a no brainer HOFer best bad-ball hitter of all time, career .318 Batting average got in on his second year of eligibility with 92% of the vote. Why the Hell was he not elected last year? Not good enough to get 75% last year but now 92%

It just annoys me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Who was in last year's class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Who was in last year's class?
    Bagwell, Raines and Pudge
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Bagwell, Raines and Pudge
    I'd take Vlad over all of them, especially the cheater Pudge.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'd take Vlad over all of them, especially the cheater Pudge.
    I don't about that, Raines definitely but Pudge and Bagwell were both awesome. Either way, Vlad would have fit right in with that class.

I just get frustrated at voters who refuse to put a guy in on the first trip. I understand that certain guys need time so their careers can be viewed from a different perspective but Vlad was not one of those guys.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't about that, Raines definitely but Pudge and Bagwell were both awesome. Either way, Vlad would have fit right in with that class.

I just get frustrated at voters who refuse to put a guy in on the first trip. I understand that certain guys need time so their careers can be viewed from a different perspective but Vlad was not one of those guys.
    In general, I agree with this, but it was time for Raines to be in. There are lots of problems I have with the voting process, one of them being the moral high ground BS the voters have been on lately, but the reason I don't have a problem here is that there isn't a way Vlad wasn't getting in soon.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Pudge was a cheater and a coward.

Bagwell was worthy of being in, but Vlad was just more impactful.

I like your take on the first ballot thing. You're a HoFer or you're not. There are special circumstances, but if Vlad wasn't getting in it better have been because a slew of Griffey Jr. type guys were going in ahead of him, or something extreme.

I don't understand the baseball hall of fame. I do like that Pete Rose isn't in the Hall of Fame, though.

Just let them all in at this point.

Adopted Bronco:

In all honesty, there is little doubt that the vast majority of players in the 80's and 90's used some sort of PED. At that point, the playing field is level. hard to call any of them cheaters when they were all doing it

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    In all honesty, there is little doubt that the vast majority of players in the 80's and 90's used some sort of PED. At that point, the playing field is level. hard to call any of them cheaters when they were all doing it
    It's an accountability dump, that stance. We know that a lot of players didn't use PED's. I don't have any sympathy for them.

Vlad going in as an Angel... kind of a slap in the face to the Expos.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Vlad going in as an Angel... kind of a slap in the face to the Expos.
    And I thought for sure he'd go in as an Oriole...:-)

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

HOF watchers complain about the lack of third basemen in the Hall... so Chipper gets in, Thome gets in, Edgar Martinez comes close but Scott Rolen, a better man at his position than any of them, just barely stays eligible. Go figger.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    HOF watchers complain about the lack of third basemen in the Hall... so Chipper gets in, Thome gets in, Edgar Martinez comes close but Scott Rolen, a better man at his position than any of them, just barely stays eligible. Go figger.
    You're actually questioning why Thome is in the HOF before Rolen?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information