Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I see Bryce Harper went full douche bag on another ump. What a crybaby.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I see Bryce Harper went full douche bag on another ump. What a crybaby.
    How good is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How good is he?
    How do you want me to quantify it?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He's probably a Hall of Famer as long as he plays until he's ~38 (20 years).

He's 31st in Fangraphs WAR by the Age of 25. (Mike Trout was 2nd, he's now 27 and fifth at that age behind Cobb, Mantle, Hornsby and Foxx.)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Every game in the league starts at 3 p.m. ET today. That could get crazy.

Rockies-Dodgers and Brewers-Cubs tied.

Every game in the league starts at 3 p.m. ET today. That could get crazy.

Rockies-Dodgers and Brewers-Cubs tied.
    It's a good day for baseball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lo Cain!

Mo. It was close but you beat me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Mo. It was close but you beat me.
    I lost the championship last year.

I lost the championship last year.
    I don’t know if i have ever won fantasy sports other than hockey.

We tied but you must have won the tiebreaker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I don’t know if i have ever won fantasy sports other than hockey.

We tied but you must have won the tiebreaker.
    Yeah. I can’t tell on the mobile app. Maybe because of my overall record.

Yeah. I can’t tell on the mobile app. Maybe because of my overall record.
    Probably. League manager should fix that.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...nwritten-rules

MLB released an advertisement ahead of Tuesday's postseason opener denouncing the anti-bat flip attitudes of many baseball traditionalists.

"Don't stop and stare. Don't flip your bat. Respect the jersey," says a narrator at the start. Meanwhile, the commercial shows Giancarlo Stanton admiring a lengthy home run, Carlos Correa tossing his bat, Mookie Betts flexing and Yasiel Puig wagging his tongue after a daring headfirst slide.

It also includes Atlanta rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. celebrating a home run against the Marlins. Acuna was plunked by Miami's Jose Urena during his impressive five-game homer streak this season, an incident that put baseball's unwritten rules back under the microscope.

After Acuna, the ad cuts to Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr. sporting a backward baseball cap, just like he did as the fresh face of baseball in the early 1990s.

"No more talk," Griffey says. "Let the kids play."

The commercial features soundbites from a few broadcasters criticizing players, including one from longtime Turner Sports analyst Joe Simpson. The Braves announcer came under fire a few times this season, including when he labeled Dodgers veteran Chase Utley "unprofessional" for wearing a "K Cancer" T-shirt during batting practice. Simpson was left off TBS's postseason lineup for this fall, a decision that was made last offseason.

Baseball is no longer for old fogeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I need a clip.

These guys have to be exhausted.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information