Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Orioles signed Andrew Cashner - which is great if you're a hitter in the AL East... Not great if you're Coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Orioles signed Andrew Cashner - which is great if you're a hitter in the AL East... Not great if you're Coach.
    Lol. There’s no way I’d want to pitch in that division right now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

My background sound as I work: documentary on Ted Williams; Carl Yastremzki; Mickey Mantle. Each one was about an hour.

There's one on Ty Cobb floating around, but I don't want to listen to it until I read more up on the details of his life and how they may or may not have been false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

The Orioles seem to have shit pitching and one really good closer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    My background sound as I work: documentary on Ted Williams; Carl Yastremzki; Mickey Mantle. Each one was about an hour.

There's one on Ty Cobb floating around, but I don't want to listen to it until I read more up on the details of his life and how they may or may not have been false.
    Read Ty Cobb: a Terrible Beauty

Fascinating book and will probably change your outlook on who he was as a man. Also just look up some of his own quotes about the integration of baseball, those quotes are not the thoughts of a viscious racist.

His dad was a progressive southern politician. Al Stump was a fraudulent drunk lying *******.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Read Ty Cobb: a Terrible Beauty

Fascinating book and will probably change your outlook on who he was as a man. Also just look up some of his own quotes about the integration of baseball, those quotes are not the thoughts of a viscious racist.

His dad was a progressive southern politician. Al Stump was a fraudulent drunk lying *******.
    I knew that there are disputes about his legacy. It's something that's on the to do list.

I think my favorite player is Mickey Mantle. What a story.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I knew that there are disputes about his legacy. It's something that's on the to do list.

I think my favorite player is Mickey Mantle. What a story.
    I'm a Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Walter Johnson and Jackie Robinson kind of guy. I love old school baseball history.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

The history of baseball is the best part of it. The fact that it's a fact based game for analysis and not just 'zomg winning makes you the best' is refreshing. Baseball analysis is much better than the crockery that we get in the NFL.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The history of baseball is the best part of it. The fact that it's a fact based game for analysis and not just 'zomg winning makes you the best' is refreshing. Baseball analysis is much better than the crockery that we get in the NFL.
    Drew Goodman always says "baseball is like water, it always finds it's level"

I don't think he came up with that but it's a saying he uses frequently. He's the Rockies announcer on Root Sports, if you didn't know who he is.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Drew Goodman always says "baseball is like water, it always finds it's level"

I don't think he came up with that but it's a saying he uses frequently. He's the Rockies announcer on Root Sports, if you didn't know who he is.
    Wasn't it glorious not having to listen to George Frazier last year? Now if we could just get rid of Jeff Huson and Jenny Cavnar. I like Drew & Spilly.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Wasn't it glorious not having to listen to George Frazier last year? Now if we could just get rid of Jeff Huson and Jenny Cavnar. I like Drew & Spilly.
    I like Jenny, but I agree on Huson. Drew and Spilly for every game would be awesome. Spilly makes it so much fun.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I like Jenny, but I agree on Huson. Drew and Spilly for every game would be awesome. Spilly makes it so much fun.
    Actually all things considered I'd rather listen to her than Marc Stout. But I just get tired of the pointless "guy roaming the stands" reports. They are always nails on chalkboard for me and I mute them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Y'all don't know bad, nightly baseball announcing...Ryan Lefebvre is fantastic as the lead play by play but Rex Hudler, color, and Steve Physioc, stand in play by play (Royals do a lot of TV/Radio crossover), are just brutal.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Y'all don't know bad, nightly baseball announcing...Ryan Lefebvre is fantastic as the lead play by play but Rex Hudler, color, and Steve Physioc, stand in play by play (Royals do a lot of TV/Radio crossover), are just brutal.
    If there is ONE thing we know - it's bad, nightly baseball announcing. The Rockies broadcast has been bush league for quite some time (even though I like Drew).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information