Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Todd McShay mocks Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen to the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    True, but a 1st round pick is still going to get paid far more then a 7th rounder. You also can't have a team in which no one has more then 5 years experience, so need enough room to get some quality FA veteran starters at just about every position, not just a bunch of stop gap players who are at the end of their careers.

Considering that I've repeatedly said that you've got to give young players a chance to develop, especially QBs, it goes without saying that I entirely disagree with his decision. The revolving door that they've had at QB over the past 15 years is an embarrassment.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

If I was the Browns, I'd rather trade a few of the draft picks for proven veteran starters.

There's a number of play-off teams that will probably be looking at their QBs if they don't at least reach the SB who might be willing to trade up to the #1 spot:

Ravens: Flacco greatest success as a pro was taking way more credit then he deserved for their SB championship, parlaying that into what was then the largest contract in NFL history. If I'm a Ravens' fan, I'm wanting a QB that's as good as Flacco thinks he is.

Chiefs: Alex Smith has had 7 nice years, the last 5 with KC, after having 5 terrible years to start off his career. He's good enough to win a bunch of regular season games, but it he good enough to lead them back to the promise land for the 1st time in 48 years?

Steelers: Big Ben's best days are clearly behind him, not to mention that he's keeps getting injured.
    Joe Flacco had some decent seasons, but he's been inconsistent. I don't know what the Ravens will do but let's look at the contract - which is always the place to start when considering whether a team will dump a player:

Joe Flacco signed a 3 year, $66,400,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $40,000,000 signing bonus, $44,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,133,333. In 2017, Flacco will earn a base salary of $6,000,000 and a signing bonus of $15,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $24,550,000 and a dead cap value of $53,300,000.
    In 2018 his base salary will be $12m and the dead cap hit from trading or cutting him loose would be $28,750m. So, they will not be getting rid of him. In 2019 the cap hit would be $26.9m to get rid of him, so still no, unless he's just unbelievably horrible.

Ben Roethlisberger is leading the Steelers into the playoffs with a great chance to go to the SB. If they win out, they will be hosting the Patriots in the AFC Championship. He's made noises about retirement, but another SB win has a way of curing that itch. They will do just about anything to keep him.

Chiefs have their future franchise QB in Pat Mahomes.

There are a lot of other teams that need QBs: Giants, Browns, Bears, Bengals, Jets, Redskins if Cousins flees, etc., etc. And all those teams will have top 10 draft picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    logan mankins?? the hell with that!! if we're taking a guard top ten, i want him to project more like larry allen. . .

seriously, you'd really want a guard over one of those monster left tackles, with our current roster construction? i get BPA, but will he really have more impact?
    I was on the Quenton train before C-Mac had his beasting-out party last night. Now I would just welcome it because I think this Quenton kid is an Ihop prodigy, making pancakes makin bacon pancakes...

Bacon pancakes...!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger is leading the Steelers into the playoffs with a great chance to go to the SB. If they win out, they will be hosting the Patriots in the AFC Championship. He's made noises about retirement, but another SB win has a way of curing that itch. They will do just about anything to keep him.
    Is he leading or being carried? If they don't win it all, Roethlisberger diminished abilities are likely to be a major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There are a lot of other teams that need QBs: Giants, Browns, Bears, Bengals, Jets, Redskins if Cousins flees, etc., etc. And all those teams will have top 10 draft picks.
    Although I don't think I stated it clearly in my 1st post in this thread, my main point was how little regard we should have for mocks that are made before the season ends. A team is dissatisfied with their QB, and is supposed to draft in the bottom 3rd of the 1st because they made the play-offs, could make a trade with the Browns that could turn everything upside down. If I was the Browns, I'd make that trade in a heart beat because it would give me the opportunity to fleece a team with depth out of a gold mine of proven veteran talent.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

I think we should have little regard for mocks period. They are almost always laughably wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think we should have little regard for mocks period. They are almost always laughably wrong.
    i'm holding out for the northman mock. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I find mocks to be interesting read and get some insight on players but I wouldn't take any mocks with a grain of salt.

8. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Mocks are worthless before the free agency signing period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'm holding out for the northman mock. . .
    Damn right you are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Damn right you are.
    it always kicks the hell out of the U29 mock. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information