Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Todd McShay mocks Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen to the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Sounds like the guy that is already in the building.
    That’s not what’s I see. I think he’s a much better football player than Lynch, which is why he’ll go in the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That’s not what’s I see. I think he’s a much better football player than Lynch, which is why he’ll go in the top ten.
    He will, and someone is going to be disappointed in him with the expectations that he will be ready to play sooner rather than later. He struggled significantly when Wyoming gave him the keys to the offense, and basically became a 1 read QB the entire year.

3. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The Browns have to trade the 1st pick. They already have 3 1st rounders, including the 1st pick, from last year still on their roster. They also have a 2nd round QB from last year, and the 7th pick of this year's, which is going to add up to an enormous salary cap hit on 5 very young and inexperienced players. Do they want to add the cap hit that comes from having a 5th 1st rounder/a 2nd, 2nd pick/2nd QB in last 2 drafts. Once they trade the pick, you can put this entire mock draft in the cyber-paper shredder.
    Since the new CBA first round picks don't cost the moon and stars anymore. They are more affordable than the veteran FAs the Broncos signed like Talib or Demarcus Ware, etc.

In fact, for all the young players, the Browns are predicted to have $118m in cap space in 2018. There is no point in them signing FA veterans of course. What they need more than anything is impact players, not another QB project.

But, Hue Jackson just got rid of his GM by convincing Jimmy Haslim that losing all those games wasn't his fault. So, he's secure even if they lost another 15 games next year.

He's said publicly that he wants a QB, so I suppose they take another one. And suck some more.

That said, moving back, stockpiling picks and getting impact players would be the best solution for them. They won't do it though because everybody criticized them for not drafting Carson Wentz and they don't want to make that mistake again.

So, if Josh Rosen comes out we can presume he'll be the #1 overall pick for them and his career will crash and burn because that's what happens to Browns QBs.

But, the Broncos probably won't be able to trade up for that pick because the Browns won't trade it.

Any team with the room to buy Oz's salary for a pick, won't care about cap space a bunch of rookies take up.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Wyoming fan and saw all his games. Great guy, great teammate, plays hard, will put work in. Cannon for an arm. Inconsistent as hell. Still struggles with reads. Didn't have his 6'4" giant making plays for him this year. Definitely will risk turnovers/interceptions trying to make big plays. I would have reservations of him running a systematic offense where he makes reads and audibles out but he may become a guy that can make plays with his arm and also leg. I would say he's a good 3 years from ever seeing the field. I would compare him to a less dynamic Cam Newton.
    Absolutely pass. THREE years???

Elway won't last three more years before his drafted QB can see the field! And Cam Newton's career isn't going to last too long if he doesn't learn to become more and more of a pocket passing QB. Dynamic, but short lived is not why you draft a QB in the top 10. You hope never to be back in that draft range again, so you have to get a long term answer and build around him for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Any team with the room to buy Oz's salary for a pick, won't care about cap space a bunch of rookies take up.
    I was going to point that out but you beat me to it. Rookie contracts are salary-cap friendly. And the Browns gave up $16m they weren't going to spend anyway to get a QB they threw away, and a 2nd round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Since the new CBA first round picks don't cost the moon and stars anymore. They are more affordable than the veteran FAs the Broncos signed like Talib or Demarcus Ware, etc.

In fact, for all the young players, the Browns are predicted to have $118m in cap space in 2018. There is no point in them signing FA veterans of course. What they need more than anything is impact players, not another QB project.

But, Hue Jackson just got rid of his GM by convincing Jimmy Haslim that losing all those games wasn't his fault. So, he's secure even if they lost another 15 games next year.

He's said publicly that he wants a QB, so I suppose they take another one. And suck some more.

That said, moving back, stockpiling picks and getting impact players would be the best solution for them. They won't do it though because everybody criticized them for not drafting Carson Wentz and they don't want to make that mistake again.

So, if Josh Rosen comes out we can presume he'll be the #1 overall pick for them and his career will crash and burn because that's what happens to Browns QBs.

But, the Broncos probably won't be able to trade up for that pick because the Browns won't trade it.
    216 words saying the Browns suck and the Broncos will pick where they end up.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Absolutely pass. THREE years???

Elway won't last three more years before his drafted QB can see the field! And Cam Newton's career isn't going to last too long if he doesn't learn to become more and more of a pocket passing QB. Dynamic, but short lived is not why you draft a QB in the top 10. You hope never to be back in that draft range again, so you have to get a long term answer and build around him for the next 10 years.
    I find it amazing that you keep talking about Elway “not lasting”. Who in the hell is gonna fire John Elway? Himself? Pat Bowlen? Obviously not. Joe “I know nothing about football” Ellis? Why in the hell would Ellis fire Elway? Elway has delivered the only 3 championships to this franchise it has ever earned. Now that he’s back, Elway will leave on his own terms whenever that time comes. Make no mistake, Elway is the absolute most secure NFL executive in the league. Stop talking about him being “fired”. FFS, Shanahan got half a decade of mediocrity before he was shit canned and his name isn’t Elway.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 12-14-2017 at 06:25 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I find it amazing that you keep talking about Elway “not lasting”. Who in the hell is gonna fire John Elway? Himself? Pat Bowlen? Obviously not. Joe “I know nothing about football” Ellis? Why in the hell would Ellis fire Elway? Elway has delivered the only 3 championships to this franchise it has ever earned. Now that he’s back, Elway will leave on his own terms whenever that time comes. Make no mistake, Elway is the absolute most secure NFL executive in the league. Stop talking about him being “fired”. FFS, Shanahan got half a decade of mediocrity before he was shit canned and his name isn’t Elway.
    You really think Elway will be around in 5 years if Denvers continues to have seasons like this year and last? I would put money down that the defense moving forward has already seen its best days. There is 7 starters on the defense alone that will be making $6million+ next season, which means there is going to be some big time starters who won't be with the organization, or very minimal improvements in other areas via free agency. Like what's already been pointed out hundreds of times, Elway has been finding out just how difficult it is to get quality free agents to want to come and play with Denver when Mr. Manning isn't around. The organization hasn't shown an ability in the least to be able to draft and develop players anywhere, and this coaching staff, who more than likely will be back, either doesn't have a f'n clue how to run a practice or is working on the wrong things in practice, not to mention they have shown absolutely no capability of putting the team in a situation to be successful on Sunday when it has actually mattered.

I hope Elway figures it out simply for his legacy and I'm a big fan, but every year moving forward that produces another missed playoff opportunity, is going to bring more and more skepticism. Hell, you have journalists and pundits already pointing the finger to Mr. Elway, and maybe unjustifiably so, but can you imagine in 3 or even 2 years if the Broncos still haven't made the playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

giraffe 3.0 starter kit. . . paaaaaass. . .

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    216 words saying the Browns suck and the Broncos will pick where they end up.
    I doubt that Elway will sit pat if he sees a QB in the top 3 that he wants. He could easily move up from anywhere about #7 or #8 to #2 or #3. And the Colts are very likely not to take a QB with their #2 overall pick. Of course the Broncos might be outbid by other QB desperate teams, but it's a lot more likely that Elway will pull off a trade.

They could probably trade a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2018 to move up to #2 for instance, that would cost about 1,000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Right now Elway is the most secure GM in the NFL. The comment I was referring to was that he would draft a QB in the top 10 picks of the draft who would be ready to start in 2 or 3 years. If the Broncos suck for 2 more years that would be 4 straight years without a playoff appearance. 3 straight losing seasons.

So, calm your stupidity down. Of course, nobody is going to fire Elway now, nor at the end of next year either even if the team still doesn't make the playoffs. But, the NFL is going to appoint one of the Bowlen children to control the ownership group next year, probably Beth Bowlen Wallace who is the Broncos’ director of special projects and events. She is the logical person to be confirmed by the NFL as team owner.

Probably Elway would resign rather than be fired. I don't expect any of this to happen of course. When has Elway ever suffered multiple losing seasons in a row during his entire NFL career, either as a player or as GM? It has never happened once and it would be stupid to bet now that it will.

But if it did happen that he suffered 3 consecutive losing seasons, would his job be secure? No.

Mike Shanahan never went worse than 7-9 in any of his last 9 years with the Broncos and mostly went 8-8 or 9-7 -- not 4-12 or 5-11. He had ONE season in 1999 after Elway retired, Atwater left, and TD was injured where they went 6-10. One. Not multiple.

Hell, you have journalists and pundits already pointing the finger to Mr. Elway, and maybe unjustifiably so, but can you imagine in 3 or even 2 years if the Broncos still haven't made the playoffs?
    The Bowlen family will not be happy if their team revenues fall substantially because the team has multiple losing seasons in a row.

I'd give that happening about a 10% chance though. Of course, I would have bet the farm against this team going 4-12 or 5-11 before the season too though. So, I could easily be wrong. But, a lot of other people will be wrong with me if any of this happens, which I am not predicting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

True, but a 1st round pick is still going to get paid far more then a 7th rounder. You also can't have a team in which no one has more then 5 years experience, so need enough room to get some quality FA veteran starters at just about every position, not just a bunch of stop gap players who are at the end of their careers.

Considering that I've repeatedly said that you've got to give young players a chance to develop, especially QBs, it goes without saying that I entirely disagree with his decision. The revolving door that they've had at QB over the past 15 years is an embarrassment.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

If I was the Browns, I'd rather trade a few of the draft picks for proven veteran starters.

There's a number of play-off teams that will probably be looking at their QBs if they don't at least reach the SB who might be willing to trade up to the #1 spot:

Ravens: Flacco greatest success as a pro was taking way more credit then he deserved for their SB championship, parlaying that into what was then the largest contract in NFL history. If I'm a Ravens' fan, I'm wanting a QB that's as good as Flacco thinks he is.

Chiefs: Alex Smith has had 7 nice years, the last 5 with KC, after having 5 terrible years to start off his career. He's good enough to win a bunch of regular season games, but it he good enough to lead them back to the promise land for the 1st time in 48 years?

Steelers: Big Ben's best days are clearly behind him, not to mention that he's keeps getting injured.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    True, but a 1st round pick is still going to get paid far more then a 7th rounder. You also can't have a team in which no one has more then 5 years experience, so need enough room to get some quality FA veteran starters at just about every position, not just a bunch of stop gap players who are at the end of their careers.

Considering that I've repeatedly said that you've got to give young players a chance to develop, especially QBs, it goes without saying that I entirely disagree with his decision. The revolving door that they've had at QB over the past 15 years is an embarrassment.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

If I was the Browns, I'd rather trade a few of the draft picks for proven veteran starters.

There's a number of play-off teams that will probably be looking at their QBs if they don't at least reach the SB who might be willing to trade up to the #1 spot:

Ravens: Flacco greatest success as a pro was taking way more credit then he deserved for their SB championship, parlaying that into what was then the largest contract in NFL history. If I'm a Ravens' fan, I'm wanting a QB that's as good as Flacco thinks he is.

Chiefs: Alex Smith has had 7 nice years, the last 5 with KC, after having 5 terrible years to start off his career. He's good enough to win a bunch of regular season games, but it he good enough to lead them back to the promise land for the 1st time in 48 years?

Steelers: Big Ben's best days are clearly behind him, not to mention that he's keeps getting injured.
    the chiefs just drafted mahomes at #10 last year. . .

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information