Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos ranked worst offense

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    23 quarterbacks have had less time to throw than Siemian.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/p...-time-to-throw
    I think that "time to throw" stat is somewhat meaningless. Cross reference that with sack totals and it doesn't mean that a QB holds onto the ball to long in some cases. Case Keenum holds the ball for 6.77 seconds on average, but has only been sacked 20 times and hit 68 times. Eli Manning (bad line right) holds the ball 2.53 seconds, but has been sacked 29 times and hit 62 times. Russell Wilson holds the ball almost longer than anyone (scramble much) 3.05 seconds and has been sacked as much as Eli 30 times, but hit 99 times.

Meanwhile Bronco QB's are in middle of the pack for holding on to the ball, but in the bottom 5 for sacks (41 with 84 hits). The time to throw stat doesn't include sacks which would lower the number.

My guess is that our QB's are either having a hard time finding an open receiver, either not open or they are not seeing it, and we have a line that has a hard time protecting them. If we had a scrambler they might be able to make plays with their legs or by extending the play. Or if we had a really good pocket passer they could make plays by getting the ball out of there quickly and reading the defense better.

I just think that you can get a slightly better passer, better system, and a decent OLine and you could be performing like the Vikings. Is Case Keenum an elite QB?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    alright, somebody get MO in here!
    Well, actually...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I think that "time to throw" stat is somewhat meaningless. Cross reference that with sack totals and it doesn't mean that a QB holds onto the ball to long in some cases. Case Keenum holds the ball for 6.77 seconds on average, but has only been sacked 20 times and hit 68 times. Eli Manning (bad line right) holds the ball 2.53 seconds, but has been sacked 29 times and hit 62 times. Russell Wilson holds the ball almost longer than anyone (scramble much) 3.05 seconds and has been sacked as much as Eli 30 times, but hit 99 times.

Meanwhile Bronco QB's are in middle of the pack for holding on to the ball, but in the bottom 5 for sacks (41 with 84 hits). The time to throw stat doesn't include sacks which would lower the number.

My guess is that our QB's are either having a hard time finding an open receiver, either not open or they are not seeing it, and we have a line that has a hard time protecting them. If we had a scrambler they might be able to make plays with their legs or by extending the play. Or if we had a really good pocket passer they could make plays by getting the ball out of there quickly and reading the defense better.

I just think that you can get a slightly better passer, better system, and a decent OLine and you could be performing like the Vikings. Is Case Keenum an elite QB?
    I’m not necessarily saying he holds onto it too long, but he does do that at times. I think it just illustrates that the offensive line is giving him more time than many people think. Is the offensive line good? No, it is not. But the problems are not just on the offensive line.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In addition, Football Outsiders has the line ranked ninth in the running game and 27th in the passing game, so it’s my supposition that while the line falls in the bottom half of the league, it is in no way the worst line in the game or the worst line anyone has ever seen, which has been regularly stated by people, such as Shazam, here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Trevor is the best 500k QB in the league...imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Trevor is the best 500k QB in the league...imo
    Someone preseason tried to tell me that made him the best quarterback in the division.

:fart:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

In addition, Football Outsiders has the line ranked ninth in the running game and 27th in the passing game, so it’s my supposition that while the line falls in the bottom half of the league, it is in no way the worst line in the game or the worst line anyone has ever seen, which has been regularly stated by people, such as Shazam, here.
    Nah, the OLine is just fantastic! Its a strength!

smh
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

smh
    Try reading that again. Maybe a little closer this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

smh
    Try reading that again. Maybe a little closer this time.
    Try watching the OLine again during that losing streak. Maybe a little closer this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Try watching the OLine again during that losing streak. Maybe a little closer this time.
    I don’t understand what the hell you’re trying to say. I watched the offensive line. It’s not good. No one said it’s “fantastic.” No one said it’s a team “strength.” What I am saying is that your hyperbole is stupid. It is neither the worst line in the league, nor the worst line I’ve ever seen. That’s absurd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I don’t understand what the hell you’re trying to say. I watched the offensive line. It’s not good. No one said it’s “fantastic.” No one said it’s a team “strength.” What I am saying is that your hyperbole is stupid. It is neither the worst line in the league, nor the worst line I’ve ever seen. That’s absurd.
    Worst *Broncos* OLine I have ever seen, and they are or near bottom in the League as a unit. But please, post more 'stats' how the Broncos are a Top 10 run offense. Yeah ok.

Could it have been playcalling by not putting them in the best positions? Absolutely. See Sunday with how they went Big and used more FB. They did things differently. Finally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Worst *Broncos* OLine I have ever seen, and they are or near bottom in the League as a unit. But please, post more 'stats' how the Broncos are a Top 10 run offense. Yeah ok.

Could it have been playcalling by not putting them in the best positions? Absolutely. See Sunday with how they went Big and used more FB. They did things differently. Finally.
    Yep Shazam, you're right and all these objective stats ranking o-lines are wrong! Surely you watch all 32 teams every week so that you can give us a complete and unbiased account of where our o-line stacks up with the rest of the league this year, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Contrary to all the bickering going on it is possible to have poor Oline play AND have poor QB play. Denver's Oline is currently ranked 28th in the NFL, for those just joining the program that is NOT VERY GOOD. With that said, its not the only issue facing the Denver Broncos because the QB play from all 3 of our QB's is mediocre to piss poor. If we have learned anything from watching the Cowboys and Raiders the last two seasons is that you can have a great Oline but still have subpar QB play. Likewise, you can have the 30th ranked Oline in the NFL and have a guy like Aaron Rodgers who can make plays and lift his team up when they need him to. The issues with the Broncos isnt just the Oline and its not just the QB's. Both positions need to be addressed and can be addressed going into next year whether its through the draft or free agency. Anyone who is blaming just one particular part of this team simply isnt looking at the total package of what is going on out there on the football field.

Ill get off my soap box now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Contrary to all the bickering going on it is possible to have poor Oline play AND have poor QB play. Denver's Oline is currently ranked 28th in the NFL, for those just joining the program that is NOT VERY GOOD. With that said, its not the only issue facing the Denver Broncos because the QB play from all 3 of our QB's is mediocre to piss poor. If we have learned anything from watching the Cowboys and Raiders the last two seasons is that you can have a great Oline but still have subpar QB play. Likewise, you can have the 30th ranked Oline in the NFL and have a guy like Aaron Rodgers who can make plays and lift his team up when they need him to. The issues with the Broncos isnt just the Oline and its not just the QB's. Both positions need to be addressed and can be addressed going into next year whether its through the draft or free agency. Anyone who is blaming just one particular part of this team simply isnt looking at the total package of what is going on out there on the football field.

Ill get off my soap box now.
    I agree 100%.

But QB success and blocking go hand in hand. Lets see how they call the game tonight. I hope to see more big packages like we saw on Sun.

I think its stubbornness of the Coaching staff and playcalling that doesn't help mask these issues. They weren't addressed until Sunday with the difference of playcalling.

Anyone who takes a big money chance on Keenum next year is going to fully regret it later. He is having a good year but he is a journeyman IMO.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information