Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VJ has team practice indoors??? WTF?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    It matters when an already soft team gets babied. Oh those poor guys might get cold and lose focus. And it's even more disturbing that the call to do this came from upstairs, shows its not just VJ, but also those in management.
    Im with you there.

It matters when an already soft team gets babied. Oh those poor guys might get cold and lose focus. And it's even more disturbing that the call to do this came from upstairs, shows its not just VJ, but also those in management.
    The other issue is that he wants them to be able to focus on improving and coaching...neither of which this staff has been able to accomplish to date.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The other issue is that he wants them to be able to focus on improving and coaching...neither of which this staff has been able to accomplish to date.
    I’d argue changing things up is probably a good thing in the middle of an eight-game losing streak. Besides, practicing outdoors in the cold doesn’t make anyone tough. It just makes them cold.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’d argue changing things up is probably a good thing in the middle of an eight-game losing streak. Besides, practicing outdoors in the cold doesn’t make anyone tough. It just makes them cold.
    I disagree.

Practicing outdoors not only gets you used to the elements (being cold) but also allows you to adjust how you play due to the elements. Catching or carrying a football indoors is vastly different than doing so out in colder weather. Getting hit in 70 degree weather is vastly different than getting hit in 30 degree weather and so on. Just last Thursday the HC of the Falcons had his team practice outdoors even though they were playing indoors vs the Saints and the reason was he didnt want them to get to comfortable and become lazy which is easy to do in warmer climates.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I disagree.

Practicing outdoors not only gets you used to the elements (being cold) but also allows you to adjust how you play due to the elements. Catching or carrying a football indoors is vastly different than doing so out in colder weather. Getting hit in 70 degree weather is vastly different than getting hit in 30 degree weather and so on. Just last Thursday the HC of the Falcons had his team practice outdoors even though they were playing indoors vs the Saints and the reason was he didnt want them to get to comfortable and become lazy which is easy to do in warmer climates.
    Kickoff temp for today’s game is 62.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Kickoff temp for today’s game is 62.
    Guess you missed the last part of my post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Guess you missed the last part of my post.
    No. I read it. I think we passed the point of comfortable and lazy with this Broncos team a long time ago, and that sort of psyche thing is kind of worthless at this point. Practicing outdoors the last eight weeks hasn’t done shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

They should just not practice IMO.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Seriously, it's going to be 60 at kickoff. I don't think it matters where they practice.
    Whining just to whine. Is this what BRONCO fans have become?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    They should just not practice IMO.
    Would that be their best week of practice yet?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Would that be their best week of practice yet?
    Couldn't be any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Whining just to whine. Is this what BRONCO fans have become?
    Should we just settle into losing? I don't think anyone is whining, I think it's questioning the tactics of a coach and management who have lost a historical number of times in a row.

16. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Should we just settle into losing? I don't think anyone is whining, I think it's questioning the tactics of a coach and management who have lost a historical number of times in a row.
    Creating an issue practicing indoors? Come on, GEM. That's called nitpicking and whining just to whine. I get no one likes VJ, and Elway will do what he thinks best, but teams practice indoors often. I don't see the issue.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Do fans really believe that making them practice in the cold is going to make this team "tougher" in any meaningful way? This is so self evidently nonsense that I can only imagine that fans just want to punish the players. "You suck! I paid good money for these tickets and you're losing all these games! You should be made to suffer in the cold! #@&%^&$#@#@!!!"

They are "soft" because they aren't very good, because they aren't very well coached on game day, because they have lost for so long now that they are expecting to lose.

And losing generates a belief in losing, just like winning builds confidence in winning. The Broncos won the SB in no small part because they always believed they would do it. If you expect to lose, if you are battling in your own mind the feeling of "here we go again!" the minute anything bad happens, you are already more than 1/2 way to losing.

There is no solution to this problem except to blow up the locker-room and rebuild with players who will totally buy in to the idea Elway wants to instill that this organization is a perennial winning franchise, one of a handful that expect to be in the SB hunt every year.

As opposed to franchises like the Cleveland Browns or some of the other bottom feeding franchises, where they just want the stock value of their team, and their team revenues to go up. It's just an investment to them.

They need a new coaching regime, and about 1/2 the roster needs to go. Not because some of those players might not be useful, but because they don't really want to be here. And if they don't then they become locker-room cancers. They become the guys who won't put in the extra work, who whisper behind the coaches' back, who are last to arrive and first to leave the facility.

Why should they care, what are you going to do? Trade or cut me? I want out of here anyway!

You can't have players like that on the roster and after this season, there are quite a lot of Broncos who fit that category. And Elway & the new coach are going to have to sort that all out. Figure out who really wants to be here, and who doesn't.

And ruthlessly purge those who don't. We know Elway will do that because he said when Osweiler left town "I want guys who want to be here." He still does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Creating an issue practicing indoors? Come on, GEM. That's called nitpicking and whining just to whine. I get no one likes VJ, and Elway will do what he thinks best, but teams practice indoors often. I don't see the issue.
    Hey man. Practice is the one thing this team has going for it. This team has won nearly every single practice of this football season. The coaching staff has put so much emphasis on practice, that I almost feel like the NFL should have stepped in here to prevent a lack of fairness. Our team is on a historic run of practice success, shouldn't the NFL step in to stop Vance Joseph from cheating the system by keeping his team out of the elements during practice? Doesn't that give us an advantage in practice?

Vance Joseph is basically a cheater for letting his team practice inside. Can't believe the NFL is letting us win practice this way.

21. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information