Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jets 12/10/17

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    DT was great for sure. And Trevor didn't turn the ball over, so that's a plus. We managed to squeeze 273 yards of total offense out somehow. Our running game was dreadful, even with an increased focus on that aspect, according to Joseph.
    This game goes to show how important it is to not turn the ball over. Our defense can keep us in most games as long as we aren’t turning the ball over.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    How the hell have the Jets won five games? They are awful.
    How have we won 4? Same statement applies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    How the hell have the Jets won five games? They are awful.
    On certain days, perhaps. Remember, they got 38 points last week against the Chiefs.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

5. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How have we won 4? Same statement applies.
    The bigger question is how we've lost nine. The team has far more talented players than teams with their record typically have.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The bigger question is how we've lost nine. The team has far more talented players than teams with their record typically have.
    I went to the game yesterday and just watching it felt more like the first few games of the season. Simple formations, commitment to the run game, and easy reads for Trevor. He did miss a few wide open guys that I saw but it was because he was scrambling a few times. It was nice because even though our run game was getting stifled mostly, they stuck with it and the clock just kept ticking. It was also glorious to see how good our defense plays with a lead, forgot how that looked!

I think the coaching staff was full of themselves after starting 3-1 and just got too cute and never went back to what worked. It's hard to get too excited though until we see how they do on the road against the Colts on a short week. If we only win one more game I hope it's the Chiefs and they need to beat us to get into the playoffs.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I went to the game yesterday and just watching it felt more like the first few games of the season. Simple formations, commitment to the run game, and easy reads for Trevor. He did miss a few wide open guys that I saw but it was because he was scrambling a few times. It was nice because even though our run game was getting stifled mostly, they stuck with it and the clock just kept ticking. It was also glorious to see how good our defense plays with a lead, forgot how that looked!

I think the coaching staff was full of themselves after starting 3-1 and just got too cute and never went back to what worked. It's hard to get too excited though until we see how they do on the road against the Colts on a short week. If we only win one more game I hope it's the Chiefs and they need to beat us to get into the playoffs.
    I know there are several who are adamantly against this sort of thinking, but we really can't afford to win anymore games. If we beat the colts and one other team, we're likely to jump from pick 3-4 to pick 10-15. If that happens, we aren't drafting a QB this year that will be worth a crap, it'll be Paxton Lynch all over again and we'll have a 3-4 year project on the roster with no clear starter.

I'm not actively cheering for us to lose, but it really isn't beneficial for us to keep winning at all...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

I think this is a good summary. Even though the run game wasn't working well, they still ran plenty of times and also complimented it with screen passes, both of which slows down a team's pass rush.

I know it's a trigger for some people, but the fact is that our offensive line isn't good, and we don't have a big Ben type QB that can just swat away rushers and make plays with them draped over him. Our QBs have not handled the pressure well, even if some of that has been their own fault.

Let's face it we've watched the games. Take the feelings about our QBs out of it and think instead about how often our elite pass rush is getting too/harassing the opposing QB vs. how often our QBs are being harassed. There have been far too many games where our elite pass rush has looked totally pedestrian, and the opposing pass rush has looked elite.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Broncos leading sent me to sleep end of 1st Q!
    No stress hormones to keep me awake

14. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

shannon sharpe‏Verified account @ShannonSharpe
    6h6 hours ago

shannon sharpe Retweeted Denver Broncos

I wanted you to be gr8, but not catch me. 😂😂😂😂😂. Congrats @DemaryiusT I know how hard you’ve work to make this moment happen and to be there for this tm👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Denver Broncos‏Verified account @Broncos

It means the world because [@ShannonSharpe and @TheREALrodSmith] are my mentors." - @DemaryiusT on moving up in the record books

Rod Smith‏Verified account @TheREALrodSmith
    15h15 hours ago

Congrats @DemaryiusT . Keep rolling. Build on today as a team. Get some rest and keep climbing.

Thomas sends a message to Broncos Country following win over Jets
    Broncos TV's Matt Boyer talks with Demaryius Thomas about getting a win in front of Denver's home crowd and what it means for Thomas to pass Shannon Sharpe for career receiving yards as a Bronco.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-86c576851160

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Those numbers really don’t mean much and the data is insanely skewed. The fact that we ran more in our wins isn’t the reason we won. It was a byproduct of having the lead and not having to pass to catch up. Our running game was very poor vs the Jets and it wasn’t what led the offense to victory. As in every game this season the outcome was determined by one major factor: turnovers. When we don’t turn the ball over or do so less than the other team, we have a good shot to win games. When Siemian throws picks, Charles fumbles away balls, and McKenzie muffs punts all the time, we lose. It’s really that simple.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Yeah, I put that there without comment. I think the general idea is that our strength should be more as a running team, which we either went away from by design or necessity during the losing streak. I thought it was funny how it worked out on the stat sheet, though. But yes, correlation is not causation - did you know that teams that use the victory formation are undefeated?

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Those numbers really don’t mean much and the data is insanely skewed. The fact that we ran more in our wins isn’t the reason we won. It was a byproduct of having the lead and not having to pass to catch up. Our running game was very poor vs the Jets and it wasn’t what led the offense to victory. As in every game this season the outcome was determined by one major factor: turnovers. When we don’t turn the ball over or do so less than the other team, we have a good shot to win games. When Siemian throws picks, Charles fumbles away balls, and McKenzie muffs punts all the time, we lose. It’s really that simple.
    The other fact is defensive turnovers. We haven't had many, but did get some in this game. When your offense and special teams is coughing up the ball with regularity and your defense isn't getting picks and fumbles, it's a recipe for disaster.

At first glance I was going to say that a lot of that defensive scoring is the offenses fault, but then I remembered that Manning through so many picks in this first 11 games (before being benched for Osweiler) that it took a two pick effort by a rookie in week 17 to keep Manning from having the most INTs in the league, even though he sat 5 games or whatever it was.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    4m4 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said Justin Simmons has a "mild high ankle sprain." He's day to day. Jamal Carter has a shoulder bruise and "should be OK."

3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: "It's fun to win. It's been a long time."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver
    3m3 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “It’s fun to watch the players in the locker room celebrate after two months of playing hard and working hard with no success."

3m3 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “I thought Bill [Musgrave] called the game to win … I thought Bill called the game to help us minimize mistakes. He helped call the game to keep drives alive and keep third downs manageable."

2m2 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “Defensively, I thought Joe [Woods] called his best game of the year … Joe kept [the Jets] off-balance and he was aggressive, he was aggressive on early downs."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey
    2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "our defense can be the difference with a lead because we can dictate."

17s17 seconds ago

Simmons injured his ankle celebrating Brandon Marshall's strip-sack. Joseph: "What do you say to Justin -- don't celebrate? Don't have fun? Just flukey."

now3 seconds ago

Vance Joseph: "I think how we played yesterday fits our personality."

now11 seconds ago

Joseph: "It's been a long time coming to try to find a plan that worked and to play so cleanly." Cites zero turnovers and better field position.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Vance Joseph: “Defensively, I thought Joe [Woods] called his best game of the year … Joe kept [the Jets] off-balance and he was aggressive, he was aggressive on early downs."

It was nice to see our defense look like its old self again. I noticed immediately that we ran more man coverage and less zone and weren’t afraid to blitz like the good old days. We attacked instead of sitting back in the zone shell we’d been playing for so long and it paid dividends. We got lots of pressure, some turnovers, and 4 sacks. Huge difference in the defense. Keep it up Woods!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information