Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Chad Kelly be the answer to the Broncos QB questions?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    If you've ever heard a interview with Kelly or followed his social media accounts you would see why he lasted until the last pick of the draft. Add that to the issues he had in college. The kid is VERY immature and not mentally ready to viably compete at this time. Here's to hoping he grows up quick and makes this an interesting competition next season because I truly feel he has the skills to do so.
    The word out of Dove Valley (according to the former Broncos players who are media analysts and have friends still in the locker-room like Tyler Polumbus, etc.) is that Chad Kelly is spending all his time in the play book and is eager to get on the field and prove himself. He's making a maximum effort.

I have zero idea if this is true. Of course, it might not matter. He might come out and look like just any other late round QB - a long term project for a team that needs instant results, not more long term projects with "promise."

In that case he's an easy cut and they go with rookie, FA veteran and Paxton, with the FA veteran starting until the rookie is ready, with Paxton languishing on the bench and running the scout team for another year or two. And you hope he never gets into a game.
    I feel pretty good about this prediction now that the season is coming to an end.
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-20-2017 at 02:15 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    BTW Rick, Paxton, Kelly, Veteran FA and rookie draft pick means that the Broncos would have 4 Qbs. One of those guys has got to go.

It better not be the veteran FA - which is what happened when they scrambled around to find a QB after Osweiler left, settled on Butt-Fumbler who turned out to be a total bust and didn't make the team, forcing them to go with Trevor Siemian.

That leaves 3 QBs for 2 slots.

And this assumes they dump Trevor which is by no means certain. I don't think that either the team or Trevor wants to enter this off-season with another QB competition between Trevor and some other vet.

Elway keeping VJ around for another year probably means he's going to insist that Paxton Lynch remain on the roster for another year and they'll try and "develop" him. The fans won't like it at all, but Elway is too stubborn to give up on this guy.

That means VET, plus Paxton, Plus rookie make the team. No room for Chad Kelly in that scenario.

Best case scenario, they make Chad Kelly duel it out with Paxton to become the #3 QB behind a vet and a new draft pick, while ditching both Trevor and letting Osweiler walk.

We all know how that competition will turn out. Kelly with make him eat dust and we'll be rid of Paxton.

I think the fans really will riot if Kelly shows in the preseason like Kyle Sloter did and they just cut him because Elway wants to keep Paxton one more year because they drafted him.
    286 words: 2018 QB anyone's guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    BTW Rick, Paxton, Kelly, Veteran FA and rookie draft pick means that the Broncos would have 4 Qbs. One of those guys has got to go.

It better not be the veteran FA - which is what happened when they scrambled around to find a QB after Osweiler left, settled on Butt-Fumbler who turned out to be a total bust and didn't make the team, forcing them to go with Trevor Siemian.

That leaves 3 QBs for 2 slots.

And this assumes they dump Trevor which is by no means certain. I don't think that either the team or Trevor wants to enter this off-season with another QB competition between Trevor and some other vet.

Elway keeping VJ around for another year probably means he's going to insist that Paxton Lynch remain on the roster for another year and they'll try and "develop" him. The fans won't like it at all, but Elway is too stubborn to give up on this guy.

That means VET, plus Paxton, Plus rookie make the team. No room for Chad Kelly in that scenario.

Best case scenario, they make Chad Kelly duel it out with Paxton to become the #3 QB behind a vet and a new draft pick, while ditching both Trevor and letting Osweiler walk.

We all know how that competition will turn out. Kelly with make him eat dust and we'll be rid of Paxton.

I think the fans really will riot if Kelly shows in the preseason like Kyle Sloter did and they just cut him because Elway wants to keep Paxton one more year because they drafted him.
    I agree, 1 will have to go.

PL as the former first rounder will still get a shot, but if he can't step up and prove to be the man, he will be gone.

A vet will be brought in that is proven because as with PL and Simien and Oz, we can't rely on just any Joe Shmoe. If 1 of the kids can't get it done we need a vet that can and that vet is NOT on the roster.

I see it as something like:

Bradford on 2 year deal.
    Rookie.
    PL.
    Kelly.

Pl needs to show something immediately or is gone.

I figured it could use some refreshing....

Vance Joseph said that he thought De Jour Kelly was the best QB in that draft class.

More and more it is sounding like we are going to pull a vet from FA and see what Kelly and perhaps Paxton can do to win. Thus keeping our high round picks for some badass impact players and not developmental guys.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Vance Joseph said that he thought De Jour Kelly was the best QB in that draft class.

More and more it is sounding like we are going to pull a vet from FA and see what Kelly and perhaps Paxton can do to win. Thus keeping our high round picks for some badass impact players and not developmental guys.
    I agree.

The only thing about this statement is that VJ said Kelly was the best in the draft class. Probably won't matter because VJ might not be here. At least I hope he is not.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Alex Smith. He has a working knowledge of how the Chiefs run their offense, he is not brittle glass Bradford and he is actually quite effective.

That is the veteran to target and then have Chad Kelly groomed as a back up.

I know that wont happen. Elway will want to stick with Lynch.

Sigh.....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

before we drafted him, or after?

Did he scout him on a Wednesday?

11. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

"Save us, Swag Kelly, you're our only hope!!"

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    before we drafted him, or after?

I think he said it after the draft.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:

I think he said it after the draft.
    yea, me too. . .

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Lol setting them up and knocking them down.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Alex Smith. He has a working knowledge of how the Chiefs run their offense, he is not brittle glass Bradford and he is actually quite effective.

That is the veteran to target and then have Chad Kelly groomed as a back up.

I know that wont happen. Elway will want to stick with Lynch.

Sigh.....
    I think Siemien is very Alex Smithey.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think Siemien is very Alex Smithey.
    I wish Siemian was very Alex Smithy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information