Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Jets week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Jets week)

Remember before the season when this looked like the easiest game on the schedule?

TV Maps are up:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=14

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Remember any number < 8 weeks ago where we thought we might win a game?

We're probably going to lose this one as well. Oh well. I'm hoping this spurs as much offensive growth as the last terrible year spurred defensive growth.

I hope we lose. We need to keep losing. It gives us more Ammo for Rosen or a trade for luck!

I wish Isiah Mckenzie was still on PR/KR
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I never thought I'd see a Broncos game vs the NYJ where they have virtually no chance of winning.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Another 'meh' of NFL games during the day on Sunday. I didn't see who played Sunday night.

This might be the first game in years I may not watch. I turned off the one last week pretty early on.

Team is pretty unbearable to watch right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hope we lose. We need to keep losing. It gives us more Ammo for Rosen or a trade for luck!

You are a strange duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You are a strange duck.
    Go on....
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Go on....
    No, that was it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Don't worry! The Broncos will just find some other way to lose. The problem with drafting either Rosen or Darnold is two fold: 1. Cleveland, the Giants and the 49ers are all ahead of them in the draft order. All of them could want QBs so neither player might be there at #4. Plus, the Broncos might win another game which would probably drop them to around #7.

This is a year when there are possibly 4 or 5 QBs taken in the first round, but the top 2 or 3 will go in the first five picks.

#2. Nobody wants to go to Cleveland and they have the #1 overall pick. So, whoever really doesn't want to be drafted by the Browns might simply elect to return to college. That would screw everything up, since the Broncos cannot possibly get the #1 overall pick.

In short the Broncos will probably have to trade up to #2 to get one of the top QBs of their choice. That might not be possible.

When the Panthers looked at Cam Newton, they decided he was their future franchise Qb. At that point, they told all the other teams "we're not interested" in a trade. Nothing anybody could offer them would entice them to part with that pick. Teams fall in love with a QB - it's like telling them "trade me your wife in exchange for a different woman, plus some cash."

It might look like a deal - but if you love your wife you don't want the other woman!

This is a year when there are a LOT of terrible teams competing with the Broncos to be the worst. In 2011 the last time the Broncos sucked this bad, they were 4-12 and got the #2 overall pick. This year 4-12 probably gets them outside the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This might be the first game in years I may not watch. I turned off the one last week pretty early on.

Team is pretty unbearable to watch right now.
    I can't watch at all. I watch in snatches, and then tune in later for the lowlights. THere is just no way I could go to the game and sit through this fiasco.

12. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Don't worry! The Broncos will just find some other way to lose. The problem with drafting either Rosen or Darnold is two fold: 1. Cleveland, the Giants and the 49ers are all ahead of them in the draft order. All of them could want QBs so neither player might be there at #4. Plus, the Broncos might win another game which would probably drop them to around #7.

This is a year when there are possibly 4 or 5 QBs taken in the first round, but the top 2 or 3 will go in the first five picks.

#2. Nobody wants to go to Cleveland and they have the #1 overall pick. So, whoever really doesn't want to be drafted by the Browns might simply elect to return to college. That would screw everything up, since the Broncos cannot possibly get the #1 overall pick.

In short the Broncos will probably have to trade up to #2 to get one of the top QBs of their choice. That might not be possible.

When the Panthers looked at Cam Newton, they decided he was their future franchise Qb. At that point, they told all the other teams "we're not interested" in a trade. Nothing anybody could offer them would entice them to part with that pick. Teams fall in love with a QB - it's like telling them "trade me your wife in exchange for a different woman, plus some cash."

It might look like a deal - but if you love your wife you don't want the other woman!

This is a year when there are a LOT of terrible teams competing with the Broncos to be the worst. In 2011 the last time the Broncos sucked this bad, they were 4-12 and got the #2 overall pick. This year 4-12 probably gets them outside the top 5.

The giants dont pick ahead od us unless we win and they lose.
    The 9ers have their Qb in garappalo.

If we keep this up we should be able to land Rosen or Darnold and imo Rosen is waaaaaaaaaaay better.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If we keep this up we should be able to land Rosen or Darnold and imo Rosen is waaaaaaaaaaay better.
    Who is the TALLEST QB in the draft? We all know that's the only measurable that will come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Who is the TALLEST QB in the draft? We all know that's the only measurable that will come into play.
    There isnt one, but I heard Elway wants to move Jordan Taylor to QB so we can once again have the tallest QB in the league.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

As of now, the Giants are picking ahead of us - they have two wins, we have three.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information