Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Jets week)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Not sure two polaroid stills count as a highlight reel, but go get’em tiger.
    Don't discount his Snapchat reel!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Did anyone notice how well McGovern played in place of Leary at RG last week?

Would be nice if he could step in there and Leary back to LG, and have the guard problem solved.
    That is undoubtedly what VJ and Elway are thinking. They want to have that solved so they are eager to see if McGovern can start at RG. This is his big chance to win a starting job in the NFL. If he plays well this season he's virtually guaranteed of a roster spot next year.

He's under contract for 2 more seasons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

can someone explain to me why it's so critical that ron leary play left guard instead of right guard? is there some kind of magic that i'm unaware of? what does it matter which side of the center he lines up on? all due respect, i hope they keep him on the right forever, just because it's comical seeing how bent people are about a meaningless detail. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    can someone explain to me why it's so critical that ron leary play left guard instead of right guard? is there some kind of magic that i'm unaware of? what does it matter which side of the center he lines up on? all due respect, i hope they keep him on the right forever, just because it's comical seeing how bent people are about a meaningless detail. . .
    :itsmagic:
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Kinda like practicing indoors.

Mark Schlereth explains that it's the opposite of a "meaningless detail." OL practice their plant and kick leg thousands of thousands of times in practice until it's second nature. Your right leg is your plant leg, and your left leg is your kick leg. Every time.

Switch to the opposite side and everything is different. They have totally reprogram their muscle memory. Now the left leg is the plant leg and the right leg is the kick leg. Everything is literally the opposite of the way they are trained. And that is not instinctive.

Yes, they can do it but a guy who is a pro-bowler at LG (like Ron Leary) should NOT be made to switch to RG. He's adequate there, but certainly no pro-bowler. It makes a big difference.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Yes, they can do it but a guy who is a pro-bowler at LG (like Ron Leary) should NOT be made to switch to RG.
    Remind me the year Leary was on a pro-bowl roster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Remind me the year Leary was on a pro-bowl roster?
    I've heard it from more that one source that Leary should be in the Pro Bowl this year . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Don't discount his Snapchat reel!
    I've literally never used snapchat. Don't understand it...I guess I'm too old for Snapchat...I barely use instagram.

I have never used Instagram, snaped my chat and have only occasionally twitterpated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I, too, snub the horseless carriage. Infernal contraption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Snap chat is a marvelous tool that is used to getting girls. I use it all the time. It works like a charm. I love snap chat. Now to use it for documenting stuff, I think that is dumb.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Snap chat is a marvelous tool that is used to getting girls. I use it all the time. It works like a charm. I love snap chat. Now to use it for documenting stuff, I think that is dumb.
    No wonder I'm single. "Aye girl, check it out, I have this dog nose and a rainbow for a tongue." is the new "Wanna go for coffee?"

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    No wonder I'm single. "Aye girl, check it out, I have this dog nose and a rainbow for a tongue." is the new "Wanna go for coffee?"

Nah, you use it to make sure that their friends are hot and to get a good look at them. Plus, they love sending naked pics as they delete away.
    It works wonders too if you meet a girl on tinder or something. Get her snap to make sure she is as pretty as advertised. You can also then show her your place so she feels comfortable coming over and badda bing badda boom you slay that snatch up in your room.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Snap chat is a marvelous tool that is used by girls and fem guys to send totally obvious messages. Here is me with a clown wig, that means I like funny stuff. Here I am with dog ears and a tongue, that means I like it doggystyle.
    Fify
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information