Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Jets week)

If I understand compensatory picks (and I don't really, since no one fully does), playing time factors in to how FA's cancel out, not just salary. Point being, the comp pick guru at Over the Cap has been saying that he's not sure whether we're getting a third round pick for Okung or if he's cancelled out by Leary. Though he tweeted last week that if Leary plays less, it gives us a better chance of getting that third rounder. So basically I'm saying ... sit Leary as much as necessary for the rest of the year.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    5m5 minutes ago

Ron Leary missed practice again with back. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    3m3 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said he was impressed with Donald Stephenson last week and he will “absolutely” start at RT vs Jets

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph said defense has taken more chances. Said overall D has played well. But sudden change points been issue. #Denver7
    Expectations for Stephenson had to be pretty low in order to be "impressed" I should think.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Expectations for Stephenson had to be pretty low in order to be "impressed" I should think.
    Probably based on previous play, which would mean they were extremely low. Don't let people by in less than a second probably.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

You guys are harsh. I’ll bet he had a great week of practice. Honestly, the skepticism is puzzling.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Hello? Is this thing on?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I’m here pal.

12. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

So Vance took the guys inside the bubble after 30 minutes outside yesterday for fear that the guys would lose focus due to the cold. FFS no wonder this team is soft.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    So Vance took the guys inside the bubble after 30 minutes outside yesterday for fear that the guys would lose focus due to the cold. FFS no wonder this team is soft.
    I have it on good authority (Brandon Marshall and others) that this team is not soft.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I have it on good authority (Brandon Marshall and others) that this team is not soft.
    I'd like to see some physical evidence (outside of winning on Wednesday) to support that claim. I dunno, maybe something like... Hmmm... a loss by less than 7 points instead of more than 10 on Sunday? That'd be a start.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Shane Ray also says no offense can beat them. Nevermind those beatings that have been put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Vance Joseph said he was impressed with Donald Stephenson last week and he will “absolutely” start at RT vs Jets
    This guy is the most easily impressed person in the world...I could probably impress VJ at RT and I'm a fat blob.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yea...I can remember times we've seen them working out with snow on the ground, but lets get them inside, can't have them losing focus and ruining our new perfect practice streak.

21. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    "I thought we had an excellent week of practice!" Isn't that VJs presser after every blow-out loss? "Pretty impressive" means Stephenson will be absolutely terrible on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea...I can remember times we've seen them working out with snow on the ground, but lets get them inside, can't have them losing focus and ruining our new perfect practice streak.
    It probably doesn't benefit teams to make them practice in cold weather to "get used to it." Mark Schlereth says that players never do get used to it, they just endure it. But, trying to keep warm and wanting to go inside is detrimental to concentrating on what they are trying to learn. And with this team, that's a lot.

Let them practice inside. It's not like they are going to win anyway.

24. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It probably doesn't benefit teams to make them practice in cold weather to "get used to it." Mark Schlereth says that players never do get used to it, they just endure it. But, trying to keep warm and wanting to go inside is detrimental to concentrating on what they are trying to learn. And with this team, that's a lot.

Let them practice inside. It's not like they are going to win anyway.
    The players don't think that way. They play to win. Maybe practicing outside will help their
    game, and maybe it won't. But you can be certain they will do everything they can to win
    the game.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information