Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elway won’t make staff changes until after the season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Elway won’t make staff changes until after the season

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/elway-w...211613873.html

The Broncos, two years after making it to the Super Bowl and winning it, have won only three of 12 games in 2017, with eight losses in a row and counting. The man running the football operation has concerns about how things have gotten to this point, but he vows to make no staff changes until the season ends.

“We’re gonna finish the season out and, you know, obviously we know the expectations of the Denver Broncos,” G.M. John Elway told Dave Logan of Orange & Blue 760. “And this has been a tough year. It’s not what the Broncos are about. I’m embarrassed about it, the fact that this has happened, and will do my part to hopefully get this thing turned around next year, and the expectations of Broncos fans should be for us to get this turned around.”

Elway pointed out that, apart from the eight straight losses, too many of them have happened by double digits. By 13 to the Giants, but 21 to the Chargers, by 10 to the Chiefs, by 28 to the Eagles, by 25 to the Patriots, and most recently by 26 to the Dolphins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

With a little Luck we'll land David Shaw in '18. That's my new motto.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    With a little Luck we'll land David Shaw in '18. That's my new motto.
    And hope he isn't a Jim Harbough or any other of the many, many college coaches that couldn't make the leap.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    And hope he isn't a Jim Harbough or any other of the many, many college coaches that couldn't make the leap.
    Harbaugh was a phenomenal coach for the 49ers, and led them to 3 consecutive NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. So, I would actually hope we get a guy like Jim Harbaugh.

6. The Following 13 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Harbaugh was a phenomenal coach for the 49ers, and led them to 3 consecutive NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. So, I would actually hope we get a guy like Jim Harbaugh.
    This is true, but you left out the part about the team unraveling during his 4th season resulting in his abrupt departure. In all of the years I've watched the NFL, I've never seen a SB contender completely self-destructed due to personality conflicts. Can he repeat those 3 great years before repeating the self-destruction?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    This is true, but you left out the part about the team unraveling during his 4th season resulting in his abrupt departure. In all of the years I've watched the NFL, I've never seen a SB contender completely self-destructed due to personality conflicts. Can he repeat those 3 great years before repeating the self-destruction?
    You mean the part where the coach had a power struggle with a GM and lost, only for the key players on the roster to retire in droves after the coach left? If you thought the self-destruction that took place while Harbaugh was coach was bad, go look at the following years:
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedul...e/sf/year/2014 vs. http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedul...e/sf/year/2015 and http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedul...e/sf/year/2016

Harbaugh fought for more personnel say, and Baalke felt threatened hence the leaks to the press about how Harbaugh was "losing the locker room" or how he was disrespectful of the owner and that nonsense. Kaepernick hasn't looked the same since Harbaugh left and the roster fell apart with retirements as soon as Harbaugh left.

I don't know what personality conflicts you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The personality conflicts were because the GM was a moron and fired Harbaugh. Then both the GM and his replacement coach got fired for sucking and depleting the roster of talent.

Then they hired Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch to run things and gave them just an enormous guaranteed contract. They demanded and got such a sweet deal because the roster has about zero impact players on it. Right now they have 2 wins after finishing with about that many in 2015.

Here on the Broncos there was a talent drain but there's no front office conflict. At this point, the roster needs to be blown up and start over, because there are about 3 offensive starters they will keep for next year: 1. G Ron Leary, 2. LT Bolles, and 3. C Paradis. I don't think there is anybody else.

There will be other offensive players kept, but not starters. On defense I imagine they will get rid of some of them as well. No point paying Talib $12m to start on a 3-13 team. They already tried to deal D.T., and will get rid of him in the off-season too if they can find a way to dump his guaranteed contract. Emanuel Sanders is likely to be dealt too.

They will free up cap space for future moves and rebuild through the draft.
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-06-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If Michigan losses their bowl game, Harbaugh may be looking for a quick exit. It's not going as he hoped up there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Uh, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Uh, wut?
    Yea, brain fart. He's not a good example of struggling college coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Shaw is light skinned, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Shaw is light skinned, right?
    Oh dear.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Is Harbaugh light skinned?

Peyton Manning as GM.

Mike Leach as Head Coach.
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm glad he's not making any substantial changes during the season. That's a POS move, unless there's something really bad happening (i.e. other than losing games).

Let's see how the dust settles after the season is over.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information