Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you hire to be the next HC of the Denver Broncos?

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Default Who would you hire to be the next HC of the Denver Broncos?

Given it's almost a certainty that VJ will be fired, who would you like to see be the next head coach of the Denver Broncos and why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As much as we want it to happen I'm not convinced it's a certainty that this dipshit will be fired. If we are fortunate and Elway sees the error of his ways I would like to see us go after someone with a proven track record of some sort. Maybe we could pry Sean Payton from New Orleans.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think my dream scenario would be to pry Payton from New Orleans and trade whatever we need to to get Luck from Indy. That would be a great pairing.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Maybe Elway could lure The Chin from the desk at CBS and get him back in the game.
    He'd get this uninspired, disorganized bunch back into game shape in no time.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

My hope is that we can talk Bill Cowher out of retirement. This team needs a overhaul and a leader, Cowher is proven and can bring both. At this stage of where the Broncos are at I would risk hiring another unproven HC. Cowher is a big name and would bring excitement back into Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    As much as we want it to happen I'm not convinced it's a certainty that this dipshit will be fired. If we are fortunate and Elway sees the error of his ways I would like to see us go after someone with a proven track record of some sort. Maybe we could pry Sean Payton from New Orleans.
    This is where I'm at. We gave two young, first-time head coaches an opportunity and it bit us in the ass both times. I want to see an established coach with a proven track record here. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but it seems young coaches just don't get as much respect from the players as coaches that can say, "this is what I've done, this is where I've been, these are the teams I led to here and there, etc."

Sean Payton would be huge, but I don't think he's leaving NOLA as long as Drew is still there. Maybe Bill Callahan from the Skins. He's their OL coach right now, and is a damn good one at that, and as a HC he did win an AFC championship with the Faiders. I could see Steve Spags getting another shot, I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Mike Smith (Bucs D Coordinator) was the head coach of the Falcons for 6 years, did great the first 4, was the guy that got Matt Ryan's career started, had an overall record of 66-46, and was even named coach of the year in 2012. I think he's due for another shot and he would probably be my first choice of the guys available. He's a defensive guy though, even though the Falcons offense flourished under him, and I would really like to see us bring in a young X's and O's offensive coordinator to serve under him if we were to bring him in as HC. Not a retread HC, too many chiefs and not enough Indians type scenario. A young up and comer for OC that is willing to take risks, change things up, etc.

Pipe dream would of course be Gruden. He's signaled a willingness to come out and coach again, but even if he did I doubt it would be here.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Gruden would be my pipe dream as well. Would love to have him here.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

John Harbaugh. No, not his petulant, overpaid, overrated, Wolverine brother. The current Ravens HC. There are some rumblings that he might be fired if the Ravens miss the playoffs. I’d take him in a heartbeat. Dude’s a badass.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Cooter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Cooter!
    Jim Bob? Well yeehaw to that!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Agreed on Harbough if fired, but as others said, I think Payton is extremely unlikely. The Saints aren't going to fire him and he just signed a big contract extension. The only real scenario is a trade like Gruden back in the day, but that's close to zero in terms of likelihood.

Other than pulling someone from a broadcast job (Gruden/Cowher), the other HC options typically fall into one of two categories:

1. Retread HC. Maybe had success elsewhere and then struggled and was fired. Maybe success in first stint and failure in next. Very few sure thing, no brainer great coaches among retreads.
    2. First time HCs and these are massive crap shoots, as there is a lot more to being HC than being an OC or DC.

At least with the retreads, you have some "film on them" so to speak, and have history on how they did as an HC. With the second group, you are projecting whether they can make the leap from coordinator to HC, which is a different skill set.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I want a HC who is a motivator. Not a nice guy. I want a coach, not necessarily a “players coach”, someone who can hold his players and assistants accountable and understands the game. I think John Harbaugh is like that. Another guy I think would be fun would be to give Jim Swartz another chance. Dude is an ******* who almost fought Jim Harbaugh in the field a few years ago. I think he can hold a team accountable. No more nice guys. This team doesn’t deserve nice guys. They need a disciplinarian *******.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think my dream scenario would be to pry Payton from New Orleans and trade whatever we need to to get Luck from Indy. That would be a great pairing.
    lol! you forgot the part where we get joe thomas from the browns for a 6th. . .

in all seriousness, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this thread is nothing but a bunch of wistful fantasies. . . reality is the fact that we don't have a deep pockets ownership group. . . and vance is going to be fired with either two or three years left on his contract that they'll still have to pay. . . there's zero chance the broncos are going to pay for a top tier coach while they still have a second contract on the books. . . i doubt they'd pay enough for harbaugh even if they weren't still paying vance. . . also, please remember that we have no quarterback-- you really think someone like john gruden is gonna give up his cushy TV job to come out of retirement and coach trevor freaking siemian? it's not happening. . . besides, a gruden, cowher or harbaugh is going to want significant control over personnel, if not final say-- and elway is not giving that up, regardless of what we want. . . in addition, please keep in mind that we fired john fox after four straight division titles, and dismissed most of gary's staff a year after a super bowl win. . . who really wants that kind of pressure?

nope. . . you don't have to like it, but the odds are the next coach will in fact be another first-timer. . . personally, i'm fine with that. . . i just hope they hire an offensive guy, so we can establish an identity on that side of the ball, and hopefully find a QB. . . i want a situation where the scheme comes from the head coach, not a hired gun OC who can leave and take his scheme with him just when a young QB starts to get comfortable. . . the defense is fine-- draft an ILB and a young corn,er and leave it alone. . . we need to fix the offense, they should hire a coach who understands offense next time. . . my choice would be to pluck frank reich from philly, where he's done an awesome job with wentz and that offense. . . would also look at jim bob, and maybe david shaw if he's interested. . . y'all are gonna be some real sad pandas if you're waiting for a big name, splashy hire. . .

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Dennison anyone!?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Dennison anyone!?
    please ban yourself. . .

26. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information