Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to go from here

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Bolles isn’t going anywhere and I’m not sure we want to spent a top 5 pick on a RT or OG. We can get one of those at the top of the 2nd. I mean a 5tech, OLB, DB, or someone on offense who knows how to find the end zone.
    All the talk I've heard has said move Bolles over to RT and draft a LT.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Bolles isn’t going anywhere and I’m not sure we want to spent a top 5 pick on a RT or OG.
    he can go about 4 spots to the right, if we have the chance to draft a better player. . . he's held his own for a raw kid throw into the fire, but he's also held everything and everyone else in sight as well. . . and he's going to be 30 by the time he hits his second contract. . .

i think the pass rushers we have (hopefully including walker next year) would be fine if we could ever have a lead. . . and playmakers are great, but sign me up for finding a Qb and/or fixing the line before we sink anymore premium resources into expensive toys who barely function when you don't have a capable passer. . . enough with building our offense from the outside in, it's not working. . .

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

QB and T are the 1 and 1a priorities. My fear is that we will miss out on Rosen or Darnold and will be left with taking a chance on Allen or Mayfield. My hope beyond hope would be drafting McGlinchy with the early 1st rounder and getting lucky and moving back into the bottom of the 1st and getting a Mayfield.

Then you hope they both pan out and we have out LT (with Bolles moving to RT) and a young, exciting, and shorter QB of the future.

My guess is that Elway will not draft Mayfield as he isn't 6'5" and will miss out on Rosen and Darnold and then picks up Allen who is a project and gets killed behind another bad OLine thus wrecking his confidence and he turns into a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Easier said then done. If you don't draft an LT in the top 5 or so (maybe top 10), it's typically a crap shoot. So, are we drafting a blue chip LT or a QB. If a QB, then it will be a crap shoot for a drafted LT to be better than Bolles.

Let's just go back to these days...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	11533

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    They will do that if they land a FA QB ahead of the draft, otherwise they need to draft a QB with that top 4 pick. If they don't have one, it will be another season like this one. And the last time they tried to draft a starting LT in the 2nd round, it was Ty Sambrailo. We all know how that turned out.

Obviously they cannot go into the season with the QBs on the roster. None of them can start. Trevor might make a decent backup if you needed him for 2 games or fewer a season.

And unless they trade, they will have to throw boat-loads of money at a FA QB to get him to come here and be part of the train-wreck. Kirk Cousins for instance will have a choice (among others) of Jacksonville, where they are a QB away from competing for a championship. . . .

or Denver, where they are about 15 starters away from competing for a championship.

Of course, Eli might end up in Jacksonville, but it looks like they will keep him now that they dropped the foot-fungus that was Ben Mcadoo.

The painful reality is that Denver is now about as attractive a destination for FA QBs as Cleveland.

Coaching changes every year? Check.
    Massive roster overhaul? Check.
    Garbage OL? Well Cleveland had a decent OL anchored by Joe Thomas, so they had the advantage there.

I wouldn't come here if I were a FA Qb looking to compete for a playoff berth. But, NFL QBs will go where the money is best usually - unless like Peyton they have already made a boat-load of money.
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-06-2017 at 03:51 AM.

BTW: The 49ers just announced they will use the Franchise Tag to keep Jimmy Garapolo under contract for next year. No surprise since they used a 2nd round pick for him. But he played well so far, so they feel they have their future franchise QB.

That means they will either trade their #2 overall pick, move down and stockpile picks, or else take an impact player at another position.

So, if Denver really wanted to move up from #4 (where they are right now) to #2 in the draft and get one of the top 2 QBs they probably could do it. I'm not saying they will do it.

That would depend on whether they land a veteran starting QB in FA or not. If not, they will definitely need to draft a QB with their #1 pick. They might be able to stand pat at #4 and draft a QB there. But if there are two really top first round QBs in the draft they could get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Easier said then done. If you don't draft an LT in the top 5 or so (maybe top 10), it's typically a crap shoot. So, are we drafting a blue chip LT or a QB. If a QB, then it will be a crap shoot for a drafted LT to be better than Bolles.
    That is all true. But it will be determined by whether they sign a veteran FA QB or trade for one like Case Keenum (it's thought the Vikings still want Bridgewater as their starter although that is changing. Neither is under contract for next season so one is likely to be dealt).

The Viking would not let either just walk, but they will probably trade one of them. If Denver traded for one, they could just draft a LT with their #4 pick, and move Bolles to RT where hopefully he might get fewer holding penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That is all true. But it will be determined by whether they sign a veteran FA QB or trade for one like Case Keenum (it's thought the Vikings still want Bridgewater as their starter although that is changing. Neither is under contract for next season so one is likely to be dealt).

The Viking would not let either just walk, but they will probably trade one of them. If Denver traded for one, they could just draft a LT with their #4 pick, and move Bolles to RT where hopefully he might get fewer holding penalties?
    And whether with one good year, they feel that Keenum is the type of QB that can lead them to a championship. If they don't think any of their young guys are "the guy" and don't draft one this year, then there is a pretty good chance they find themselves in 8-8 level purgatory where they can't win it all and they don't have a high draft pick to even get one of the 50/50 QBs (which is essentially what you get with a top 10 QB, a 50/50 chance he won't be a bust).

It's not like they have a QB that isn't quite ready and if they can have a veteran get them through one year, then the young guy can take over (since it's looking less and less like Lynch is that guy). So, I'm not sure they are going to view Keenum as a franchise QB to build around.

BTW: The 49ers just announced they will use the Franchise Tag to keep Jimmy Garapolo under contract for next year. No surprise since they used a 2nd round pick for him. But he played well so far, so they feel they have their future franchise QB.

That means they will either trade their #2 overall pick, move down and stockpile picks, or else take an impact player at another position.

So, if Denver really wanted to move up from #4 (where they are right now) to #2 in the draft and get one of the top 2 QBs they probably could do it. I'm not saying they will do it.

That would depend on whether they land a veteran starting QB in FA or not. If not, they will definitely need to draft a QB with their #1 pick. They might be able to stand pat at #4 and draft a QB there. But if there are two really top first round QBs in the draft they could get one.
    By the time it all shakes out, I don't think SF will pick ahead of us. It will be a race between us and the Giants for the #2, and I think Giants might actually win another 1 as they rally for Eli.

14. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Both are FA, not sure how they would deal one since neither would be under contract.

16. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Needs QB. Being top 5 pick most likely means a trade into,top 3 or drafting a QB with 2nd pick.

OL need a a G and RT. Pick 1 or 2 needs to a dress this. Been too bad for too long, Killing QB. But as positions if need TE and MLB. Marshall ia good but a coverage LB for TEs is needed.

I see talib moving on and front who has not stepped up like I would like coming in for talib will be new #2. Stewart has been victimized too,much and will prob be moved on from allowing Simmons to be FS and parks FS.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information