Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Taylor to handle PR duties the rest of the season

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, he said "kill to have", not "kill yourself if we had". See the difference there?
    tebow would have this team winning the afc west right now

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Plummer took his team to the AFCCG and was a Ngata's ass away from a championship...Shanahan seriously misread the situation and lost this chance at another championship..

Do I begrudge Plummer his pout-a-thon in 2006? Yes. But Shanny had to know he would get that. He should have given it another year with a solution to the core issue holding the team back: DT.
    I think Shanny read the situation perfectly - with the exception of Jay Cutler's character. Plummer was propped up by Shanahan's zone blocking scheme which lent itself particularly well to getting Jake out of the pocket and playing to his strengths. He was not a good pocket passer, nor a particularly accurate thrower. It was a minor miracle that we had the season we did and went to the AFCG and Shanny correctly read that it was an unsustainable model moving forward.

His move was further validated when Plummer proceeded to pout and cut off his nose to spite his face by retiring. Good riddance.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    tebow would have this team winning the afc west right now
    Is that why he was out of the league in three years? He was too good?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think Shanny read the situation perfectly - with the exception of Jay Cutler's character. Plummer was propped up by Shanahan's zone blocking scheme which lent itself particularly well to getting Jake out of the pocket and playing to his strengths. He was not a good pocket passer, nor a particularly accurate thrower. It was a minor miracle that we had the season we did and went to the AFCG and Shanny correctly read that it was an unsustainable model moving forward.

His move was further validated when Plummer proceeded to pout and cut off his nose to spite his face by retiring. Good riddance.
    7-4 to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. He read it perfectly.

Oh, and two more season collapses to boot! Perfectly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

No, his move backfired and sunk the franchise. With hindsight we can say with near certainty that the correct decision was to double down on Jake and bolster the D.

I agree with you that Plummer's .700+ win percentage with Shanny was impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    No, his move backfired and sunk the franchise. With hindsight we can say with near certainty that the correct decision was to double down on Jake and bolster the D.

I agree with you that Plummer's .700+ win percentage with Shanny was impressive.
    We are in full agreement that not bolstering the D sunk the franchise.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Is that why he was out of the league in three years? He was too good?
    Nah, it was because top tier talent like Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch came along...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Nah, it was because top tier talent like Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch came along...
    And they're a better option than Tebow. There's a reason Tebow is on TV.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

plummer didn't have the work ethic to get us to the mountaintop. . . you can argue with the guys we brought in after him, but trying to find the guy who can get you there is the right choice. . .

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    plummer didn't have the work ethic to get us to the mountaintop. . . you can argue with the guys we brought in after him, but trying to find the guy who can get you there is the right choice. . .
    Work ethic is an odd way to spell defensive tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And they're a better option than Tebow. There's a reason Tebow is on TV.
    LMAO. It certainly feels like they are.

Head coaches are only wrong about QB's before they draft them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Right. Its no debate, really. When it comes to NFL football I know that if I have Buff, Dogfish, and Slick on my side I must be right. Maybe only G-Money is a stronger source
    I'll take mo over any of those losers!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    When shanahan traded UP to get poopy pants, that was shanahan destroying Plummers confidence. In 2005, he threw only 7 ints and was in the pro bowl.

He was still relatively young, and he probably had 5 good years left. The Broncos losing Kubiak hurt them, along with Plummers confidence being wrecked.

That 2006 season was the anomaly with Plummer as a Bronco. He produced and consistently made plays and led the team to the play offs.
    Plummer is one more plank in my argument of Kubiak as one of the all-time great coaches.

23. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, but tubby is an idiot-- nobody pays any attention to what he thinks. . .
    Excuse me? Nobody hated Cok6 more than me. NOBODY!

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information