Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'No surviving.'

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think we're maybe piling on a little too much here. I listened to this interview in context and he was essentially just trying to say "let's not coast through the remaining games - do more than just survive, play winning football."

Now his slogan obviously sucks, but I cut him a tiny bit of slack for handling his press availability with class in a pretty impossible situation. And I think he's probably still a good guy and good football coach who has been promoted out of his depth. Peter principled. It can happen to any of us.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Coming out of the bye it was “more.” VJ doesn’t have a great track record at this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think we're maybe piling on a little too much here. I listened to this interview in context and he was essentially just trying to say "let's not coast through the remaining games - do more than just survive, play winning football."

Now his slogan obviously sucks, but I cut him a tiny bit of slack for handling his press availability with class in a pretty impossible situation. And I think he's probably still a good guy and good football coach who has been promoted out of his depth. Peter principled. It can happen to any of us.

come on! the only joy we have left in this putrid disaster of a season is mocking vance's ineptitude. . . now you want to shame us out of that? i call BS. . . it's far too late to expect us to behave like decent people, and you should know that. . .

or are you just getting soft on vance because you just remembered he's also a Buff?

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You hit the crux of it. He's a good guy. I like his class during this hardship. There's tons of them that have lost their shit by now. Sucks that he can't win. I secretly hope he somehow cocoons himself out of this whole fiasco.

I think he's a 'correct process' guy, but he's not a winner.

I don't envy Elway now, trying to find both winning coach and winning QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    come on! the only joy we have left in this putrid disaster of a season is mocking vance's ineptitude. . . now you want to shame us out of that? i call BS. . . it's far too late to expect us to behave like decent people, and you should know that. . .

or are you just getting soft on vance because you just remembered he's also a Buff?
    I still would have fired his ass today...

I'm just saying that if you heard the interview I don't think it's as ridiculous as it comes across with no context. I'd rather pile on for taking those idiotic timeouts or for playing McKenzie, or for dapping up Gase after the game.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You hit the crux of it. He's a good guy. I like his class during this hardship. Sucks that he can't win now. I secretly hope he somehow cocoons himself out of this whole fiasco.

I think he's a 'correct process' guy, but he's not a winner.

I don't envy Elway now, trying to find both winning coach and winning QB.
    So, would you say you're on the "bring him back next season to see if 2017 was a fluke" bandwagon?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, would you say you're on the "bring him back next season to see if 2017 was a fluke" bandwagon?
    More of a bring him back because one year is too short a turnover cycle guy. What is going on this year is not fluky but is evidence of complete dysfunction. We have seen enough for a dismissal at this point to not raise an eyebrow.

One year gives an opportunity to see if he can use the offseason to make serious adjustments to his in-season flow.

You?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

More of a bring him back because one year is too short a turnover cycle guy. What is going on this year is not fluky but is evidence of complete dysfunction. We have seen enough for a dismissal at this point to not raise an eyebrow.

One year gives an opportunity to see if he can use the offseason to make serious adjustments to his in-season flow.

You?
    Oh, I'm on the "Fire him yesterday" bandwagon. But, the top five picks for two straight years wouldn't be bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Reminds me of 'freedom!' from Braveheart.
    Or, the exact 180 degree opposite of that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Part of you knows that VJ will be the HC come next Sept 1 and will have to recruit hope for a winning season...
    I dont know why people think the retaining VJ is a given thing. This is absolutely the worst HC performance i have ever seen including McD.

Im pretty sure after listening to the interview he wants the team to crush whats left, hence, no survivors. You know, go out there and kill the other guys and leave no doubt that this is a fluke.

Im guessing most actually get this, but I have come to seriously doubt most twitter users ability to deep think, so sorry if i offended anyone, kinda.

His idea isnt going to happen, these high payed guys with little to no guaranteed money left on contacts have no real reason to risk careers on a lost season, and pride only goes so far when your pay day is still coming. Call me cynical, but i mostly believe what i just typed, and it makes the game less enjoyable for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Im pretty sure after listening to the interview he wants the team to crush whats left, hence, no survivors. You know, go out there and kill the other guys and leave no doubt that this is a fluke.

Im guessing most actually get this, but I have come to seriously doubt most twitter users ability to deep think, so sorry if i offended anyone, kinda.

His idea isnt going to happen, these high payed guys with little to no guaranteed money left on contacts have no real reason to risk careers on a lost season, and pride only goes so far when your pay day is still coming. Call me cynical, but i mostly believe what i just typed, and it makes the game less enjoyable for me.
    Yeah, it is piling on. Cannot stand VJ as a coach, seems like a good person. Dont like piling on good people.

Dont even blame him. This is really on Elway. Hate to say it, but this shit really starts with him.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

You?
    The head coach can't block pass rushers nor hit receivers in stride. If he doesn't have linemen who can actually pass block to put in the game nor a QB that can complete passes, what is he supposed to do.

I haven't been overly impressed with VJ, but this isn't all on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The head coach can't block pass rushers nor hit receivers in stride. If he doesn't have linemen who can actually pass block to put in the game nor a QB that can complete passes, what is he supposed to do.

I haven't been overly impressed with VJ, but this isn't all on him.
    From the SB to where we are, no. However, from 9-7 to wherever we end up... Yes. He was handed a 9-7 team that (on paper) should have held ground if not improved with the right coaching. It's been a dumpster fire.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information