REASONS:

1. Hiring Brock Olivo
    2. Allowing complacency during bye week
    3. McKenzie
    4. Record
    5. Death Spiral Losing Streak of Terribad
    6. (Fan perceived?) lack of incisive football acumen
    7. Changing staff to make situation worse
    8. Repeated schematic failures (vs. TE, concealing RT weakness, kneeling on kickoff, getting Jamaal Charles in space)
    9. Vacillation -- failing to name starting QB, starting LG, in pressers

Original post--

This thread is for the cold, clinical facts that prove VJ is not HC material. It's not a rip VJ because his face thread. It's not a mock the puzzled guy thread.

It's observations about things that VJ has done that indicate he's not HC material.

I'm going to devil's advocate the heck out of stuff, take the "it's not VJ's fault" side of things, and then you beat me up. Because what I'm after is a slam dunk case that this guy ain't the solution.

I'll start.

Hiring Brock Olivo as special teams coordinator is a clear mistake. Broncos special teams are the most poorly coached special teams unit I've seen in recent memory. Execution is awful, inexcusable penalties continue to be called on these units, decisions made by ST coaches or HC in relation to ST are objectively suboptimal.

If it was VJ's decision to hire Brock, and not Elway's, it shows VJ cannot build the winning NFL machine.
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 12-04-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

After posting this, I immediately say to myself 'what's the point?' It's so obvious he's bad. Everyone is going to laugh at me for even thinking there is a grain of hope he should/can be a HC for the Broncos now.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The lack of decisiveness. From the beginning exposed in the QB battle. A good coaching staff would have named a starter at least 2 weeks earlier imo.

It continues in examples almost every week. From McKenzie continuing to field (and fumble) punts etc. etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The lack of decisiveness. From the beginning exposed in the QB battle. A good coaching staff would have named a starter at least 2 weeks earlier imo.
    Elway wanted Paxton to have every chance to start this season. Elway is tenured boss, he hired Vance, Vance had his orders.

It continues in examples almost every week. From McKenzie continuing to field (and fumble) punts etc. etc.
    McKenzie was drafted by Elway to add juice. Rookies make mistakes that are teachable moments. As a coach you have to know if a player can put it all together after the mistakes. If anything, it showed fortitude and conviction to give McKenzie that final chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Vance stuck to guns until epic failure and not willing to make changes until too late. This is not high school or college. These are pro players who get paid, if they can not do their duty then they sit. You dont let a failing player keep failing in order to learn. You can't say I made a decision and will stick with it no matter what.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Vance stuck to guns until epic failure and not willing to make changes until too late. This is not high school or college. These are pro players who get paid, if they can not do their duty then they sit. You dont let a failing player keep failing in order to learn. You can't say I made a decision and will stick with it no matter what.
    You mean the McKenzie fumbles?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The absolute cluelessness. A team making the exact same mistakes week in and out, even though the HC says they're going to pay special attention to it, is either not following direction (ie. lost the team) or the coach is not effective in the performance of his duties. Further, to continue with the same plan week in and out that has failed every single time shows a complete lack of self-scouting, and a lack of awareness that is extremely troubling. There is no way that the players in that locker room respect a word this man says anymore. 90% of them played for Kubiak and knew a winning organization, when Kubes spoke they believed what he said because he'd proven that he could succeed and lead the team where it should be. Everything Vance has done has fallen apart, at this point I truly feel he has lost not only the team, but also his coaching staff.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The absolute cluelessness. A team making the exact same mistakes week in and out, even though the HC says they're going to pay special attention to it, is either not following direction (ie. lost the team) or the coach is not effective in the performance of his duties. Further, to continue with the same plan week in and out that has failed every single time shows a complete lack of self-scouting, and a lack of awareness that is extremely troubling. There is no way that the players in that locker room respect a word this man says anymore. 90% of them played for Kubiak and knew a winning organization, when Kubes spoke they believed what he said because he'd proven that he could succeed and lead the team where it should be. Everything Vance has done has fallen apart, at this point I truly feel he has lost not only the team, but also his coaching staff.
    No offense Davii, but I don't see many specifics that are truly damning against VJ.

When you say cluelessness, and explain further that you mean "the exact same mistakes week in and out," which mistakes do you mean?

And when you say the same plan, which do you mean? Offensive, defensive, ST? Just overall conduct of the team during the week and into the games? Wouldn't the coordinators be responsible for the plan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He pronounces "th" like "d" and it bugs me. Plus, I heard approximately 12 seconds of his press conference yesterday on the radio and this is what I heard "it was a back and forth game in the first quarter" I was dying laughing.

He's a clueless idiot who should never been hired.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I see a dove valley conversation going this way

VaJ: Why are you so angry John? You said to "Embrace the Tank!"

JE: I said 'Taint'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He pronounces "th" like "d" and it bugs me. Plus, I heard approximately 12 seconds of his press conference yesterday on the radio and this is what I heard "it was a back and forth game in the first quarter" I was dying laughing.

He's a clueless idiot who should never been hired.
    How important is a coach's presser-fu in the W/L column?

It was back and forth in the first quarter. The score was 3-2 or something like that at the end.

Insert game tape after the bye. Press play. Cringe uncontrollably, try not to murder innocent animals/children.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The team is completely out played every week and unprepared. They may not win another game.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not having the team at DEFCON 1 after the bye is what rankles me the most. After Olivo.

You have two weeks to prep for one of the worst teams in the league and play uninspired, flat football with no good offensive or defensive plan, and sorry execution.

I hate to add such a nebulous and fuzzy item of evidence like this, but I agree--allowing complacency and self-satisfaction during bye week.

I'm going to edit the first post so it's like a sticky with all the best reasons. I think this is one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The team is completely out played every week and unprepared. They may not win another game.
    Isn't this what people want now......suck for Sam?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information