Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The case against Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Aren't "in game adjustments" handled by the respective coordinator? For all we know, VJ is telling the OC/DC/ST coaches to do X instead of Y, but they end up doing Z.

*playing devils advocate here...
    if the coordinators fail week after week after week, who does it ultimately fall on?

we can't even make basic adjustments like stopping evan engram from killing us when we have aqib talib, and they have no healthy wideouts. . . we can't get our right tackle consistent help when he's clearly our most glaring weakness, we rarely ever find ways to get jamaal charles the ball in space. . . we can't consistently figure out when to take a knee on the damn kickoffs. . . at this point in the season, we're well past the point where that blame can all be dumped on the coordinators. . . joseph is olivo's boss-- he can tell him to sit mckenzie at any time he chooses. . . when he chooses not to, and mckenzie fumbles again, that shit is on vance for letting it continue to happen. . .

really, i love hawg, but this whole exercise is kinda silly. . . when the case is overwhelming and obvious, detailing the minutia is unnecessary, IMHO. . . we got straight clowned by the likes of the giants and dolphins. . . we've been shut out twice, and posted the worst losing streak in franchise history IIRC (or at least since the 60s). . . we are horribly undisciplined, generally unready to play since about week four, and have been getting worse instead of better. . . i haven't seen a single redeeming quality from him, frankly. . . has anyone else?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    two. . . no more than two. . .

you remember when that pats player muffed a return on MNF, and belly cut him the next day?
    Yeah, they let that leash out way too long. Gave him a mountaineer's length of rope and let him fall dozens of stories before the upwards yank. After 3 you have to shut the kid down. That rate is sky high and will flat lose you games in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

if the coordinators fail week after week after week, who does it ultimately fall on?

we can't even make basic adjustments like stopping evan engram from killing us when we have aqib talib, and they have no healthy wideouts. . . we can't get our right tackle consistent help when he's clearly our most glaring weakness, we rarely ever find ways to get jamaal charles the ball in space. . . we can't consistently figure out when to take a knee on the damn kickoffs. . . at this point in the season, we're well past the point where that blame can all be dumped on the coordinators. . . joseph is olivo's boss-- he can tell him to sit mckenzie at any time he chooses. . . when he chooses not to, and mckenzie fumbles again, that shit is on vance for letting it continue to happen. . .

really, i love hawg, but this whole exercise is kinda silly. . . when the case is overwhelming and obvious, detailing the minutia is unnecessary, IMHO. . . we got straight clowned by the likes of the giants and dolphins. . . we've been shut out twice, and posted the worst losing streak in franchise history IIRC (or at least since the 60s). . . we are horribly undisciplined, generally unready to play since about week four, and have been getting worse instead of better. . . i haven't seen a single redeeming quality from him, frankly. . . has anyone else?
    Also - for as petulant as McDaniels was - I'd rather go back to the days of ripping the shit out of players who screw up their assignments (thinking of poor Dick Quinn) - as opposed to stoic cluelessness on the sidelines.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

really, i love hawg, but this whole exercise is kinda silly. . .
    Is it? Fans tend to emotion rather than logic and calculation.

But in this case, the two agree.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    stoic cluelessness
    This turn of phrase made me laugh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

stopping evan engram from killing us
    right tackle consistent help
    jamaal charles the ball in space.
    take a knee on the damn kickoffs.
    Updated

Adopted Bronco:

also, add left guard to the list. . . the fact that we never named a starter there is a damn joke-- who does that? clown shoes, non-professional mouth-breathers like vance joseph, that's who. . .

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Should Eric Dickerson have been cut or benched his rookie season? What is the line? You think Deangelo Henderson should still be on the Broncos roster?

There are also examples of rookies who solved their significant fumbling issues and became productive.
    WTF are you talking about? Eric Dickerson is now somehow Isaih McKenzie? How is that a relateable example. I gave you an APPROPRIATE example. 5th round, fringe roster guy with fumbling issues. You don't let fringe players sink your team. You certainly don't keep putting them on the field.

Good God man, are you a relative of this guy?

The dude can't even keep from spilling what I can only ******* assume was vodka at this point all over his coat. Holy shit that's it! That's how you don't know you got a delay of game on a kickoff, etc. VJ is higher than giraffe nuts out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Eric Dickerson is now somehow Isaih McKenzie? How is that a relateable example. I gave you an APPROPRIATE example. 5th round, fringe roster guy with fumbling issues. You don't let fringe players sink your team. You certainly don't keep putting them on the field.

Never mind. Carry on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post

calm down Beevis.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

hawggus just has an analytical brain. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

also, add left guard to the list. . . the fact that we never named a starter there is a damn joke-- who does that? clown shoes, non-professional mouth-breathers like vance joseph, that's who. . .
    Laughed at this almost as hard as I did at slim's upskirt shot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Isn't this what people want now......suck for Sam?
    #garglefordonald
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

The rotation was asinine.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information