Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you hire to be the next HC of the Denver Broncos?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Of all the realistic names mentioned, I think I'd be most on board with Mike Smith. Could probably be had cheap, and he had a good run in Atlanta. Worst case he's a John Fox type hire who can stabilize things for us and at least keep us competitive.
    Ugh - no. He combines like the worst qualities of each of our last two coaches... You get the halfwit tendencies that VJ brings, along with the dated and conservative approach from Jon Fox. Hard pass.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Ugh - no. He combines like the worst qualities of each of our last two coaches... You get the halfwit tendencies that VJ brings, along with the dated and conservative approach from Jon Fox. Hard pass.
    I actually agree with Buff here. Nice coaches, like nice guys, finish last. We need a dick HC. Just sayin’ look at history:
    Bellichik
    Landry
    Lombardi
    Noll
    Jimmy Johnson
    Don Shula
    Mike Shanahan

All big A-holes who won championships

Now look:
    John Fox
    Mike Smith
    Andy Reid
    Marty Schottenheimer

All big “players coaches” who although they had success will never and have never won a trophy because they’re too soft in their players.

There are always a few oddballs that sneak in as deep thinker types (like Dungy and Gruden) but they never repeat because they aren’t willing to be dicks when necessary.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Bears DC Vic Fangio (who was absolutely screwed by the 49ers in favor of Jim Tomsula years back) or Eagles DC Jim Schwartz. This team needs an attitude and a swagger back, and both have been highly successful at motivating their side of the ball and putting their players in position to make plays.

I'd imagine there's some bad blood between Elway and the Fox coaching tree due to the rumors of what happened to Adam Gase (on top of what happened to Fox himself). This team doesn't need to make a splashy hire; they just need to make sure the coach they get knows what they are doing. There are going to be some hot names available for offensive coordinator depending on how Black Monday turns out, so whoever the HC is will have his pick of the litter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Surely the success Atlanta had when he was there wasn't completely in spite of him. I'm not saying he's some elite coach, but he might be the best we can do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So we need a dick head coach, but you all hated McD because he was a dick. Huh.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I didn’t like him because he was a terrible head coach.

I don’t think VJ is going anywhere.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I didn’t like him because he was a terrible head coach.

I don’t think VJ is going anywhere.
    Sadly I agree. I don't think Elway will cut bait after a year. I wish he would though.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

To me, probably apples to apples in what we see in todays NFL landscape, McDaniels would be the best choice.

Im NOT saying we should hire him. I AM saying hes probably the best choice.

Falling flat on your face and having to go back to your old job will do WONDERS in opening your eyes to what you didnt see the first time around.

heh heh I bet that caused an anus or two to pucker.

McDaniels is a different guy today than when he came here the first time.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    As much as we want it to happen I'm not convinced it's a certainty that this dipshit will be fired. If we are fortunate and Elway sees the error of his ways I would like to see us go after someone with a proven track record of some sort. Maybe we could pry Sean Payton from New Orleans.
    Neither Sean Peyton nor Drew Brees is coming here. You didn't bother to check his contract situation before you texted that nonsense:

Sean Payton just signed the $45 million contract extension he's been carrying around in his briefcase
    Payton has the winningest record of any head coach in New Orleans history.
    by Jeanna Thomas@jeannathomas Mar 23, 2016, 9:41am EDT

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Speculation abounded following the 2015 NFL season that head coach Sean Payton and quarterback Drew Brees might not be returning to the New Orleans Saints in 2016. Instead, the Saints have announced that Payton has signed a five-year contract extension. The extension is worth slightly over $45 million, according to ESPN's Ed Werder.
    He's in year two of a $45,000,000, 5-year contract: 100% guaranteed. To fire him now would cost them the $28,000,000 he's got left on his contract (not a cap hit). Not a chance in Hell they do that.

But you are right that VJ might not get fired. Sean Peyton went 3-13 his first year with the Saints. The next year they got Drew Brees in FA from the Chargers and the rest is history. Of course it's impossible to see another Drew Brees coming here now. He ain't leaving and the Broncos couldn't afford him if he were (not at $29m. Which is what he'll make next season according to his old contract, which gives us an idea what salary he'd get).

Sadly I agree. I don't think Elway will cut bait after a year. I wish he would though.
    There is something to be said for giving VJ another year. He'll be the fall guy for another terrible season.

Let's face it, the Broncos are going to suck in 2018. They will be starting a rookie draft pick at QB. They still need to re-build their OL and Garrett Bolles is leading the league in holding penalties, which begs the question, "what if he too turns out to be a bust?" Ty Sambrailo was. T George Foster was a bust, and the Broncos got him high in the draft. So, it can certainly happen that Elway has screwed the pooch once again and that Bolles will never be a great LT. In that case they can move him to RT and get a veteran FA LT who doesn't suck.

That didn't work before because Elway tried to be cheap and get a 'bargain' at LT two years in a row. And it was a disaster both times. Donald Stephenson was cheap and so was Russell Okung, and so was Menelik Watson. All sucked terribly. We would be a lot better off now though if we still had Okung at LT so that Bolles could play RT his rookie year. That would have been a MUCH BETTER PLAN!

Then this off-season, they ship out Okung, slip veteran Bolles over to LT and draft a RT and find another in FA and repeat the process over on the right side.

Instead the OL has been horrible once again and the team is losing 12 or 13 games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Mike Shanahan

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Todd Haley's previous HC experience is a little hazy to me, but he is certainly a dick with an offensive mindset who is likely looking at another HC opportunity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

WWJMcDD?

#bringbackJosh
    #tradetheQB
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You know, if the Broncos want to go full dick, Bo Pelini is just toiling in I-AA a Youngstown. He's a full dick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Is David Shaw from Stanford NFL material? I always liked that guy
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information