Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you hire to be the next HC of the Denver Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    please ban yourself. . .
    Well he is an old discipline guy. The last time we got the band back together turned into a Superbowl win dog!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Well he is an old discipline guy. The last time we got the band back together turned into a Superbowl win dog!
    That turnip is out of blood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Dennison anyone!?
    I was told I was insane too.

They need someone from the ole Broncos days again.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 12-04-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

lol! you forgot the part where we get joe thomas from the browns for a 6th. . .

in all seriousness, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this thread is nothing but a bunch of wistful fantasies. . . reality is the fact that we don't have a deep pockets ownership group. . . and vance is going to be fired with either two or three years left on his contract that they'll still have to pay. . . there's zero chance the broncos are going to pay for a top tier coach while they still have a second contract on the books. . . i doubt they'd pay enough for harbaugh even if they weren't still paying vance. . . also, please remember that we have no quarterback-- you really think someone like john gruden is gonna give up his cushy TV job to come out of retirement and coach trevor freaking siemian? it's not happening. . . besides, a gruden, cowher or harbaugh is going to want significant control over personnel, if not final say-- and elway is not giving that up, regardless of what we want. . . in addition, please keep in mind that we fired john fox after four straight division titles, and dismissed most of gary's staff a year after a super bowl win. . . who really wants that kind of pressure?

nope. . . you don't have to like it, but the odds are the next coach will in fact be another first-timer. . . personally, i'm fine with that. . . i just hope they hire an offensive guy, so we can establish an identity on that side of the ball, and hopefully find a QB. . . i want a situation where the scheme comes from the head coach, not a hired gun OC who can leave and take his scheme with him just when a young QB starts to get comfortable. . . the defense is fine-- draft an ILB and a young corn,er and leave it alone. . . we need to fix the offense, they should hire a coach who understands offense next time. . . my choice would be to pluck frank reich from philly, where he's done an awesome job with wentz and that offense. . . would also look at jim bob, and maybe david shaw if he's interested. . . y'all are gonna be some real sad pandas if you're waiting for a big name, splashy hire. . .
    I wouldn't be so sure on that Dog. I think the difference is CLEARLY obvious to Elway AND Ellis between experienced coaches and young first-timers. I think this stings Elway bad enough that, coupled with taking over the franchise after the last first-timer, he thinks long and hard about going with anyone that isn't a PROVEN commodity. I think the team can fork up a couple extra mil to the right HC, especially given that their staff would most likely be younger coordinators not making as much as our former HC OC, former OC QB coach, etc.

I am liking all the suggestions. At this point anything is an upgrade over VJ.

Gruden
    Cowher
    Payton
    Harbaugh v1
    Harbaugh v2
    Shanahan
    Spagnolo
    Fisher
    Callahan
    Schwartz

Out of all of these options I would like Gruden the most.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 12-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I am liking all the suggestions. At this point anything is an upgrade over VJ.

Gruden
    Cowher
    Payton
    Harbaugh v1
    Harbaugh v2
    Shanahan
    Spagnolo
    Fisher
    Callahan
    Shwartz

Out of all of these options I would like Gruden the most.
    if we're calling sean payton an option, i'd like to add bill walsh to the list. . . now there's a guy who can fix an offense!

harbaugh
    gruden
    cowher
    bill walsh
    tom landry
    vince lombardi

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

if we're calling sean payton an option, i'd like to add bill walsh to the list. . . now there's a guy who can fix an offense!
    How about Vince Lombardi?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    How about Vince Lombardi?
    lol, in before the edit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That turnip is out of blood!
    Well. We did try to go a different direction. How did that turn out for us?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

lol, in before the edit!
    Great minds...

I wonder right now if we might need it to be a defensive HC because it seems as if Woods is over his head as well.

I don't mind Woods staying as DC but I think he needs a mentor still.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't want anything to do with Gruden, Cowher or Fisher. Not particularly excited about either Harbaugh or Shanahan again.

Cooter isn't a bad idea. Mike Vrabel, Mike Munchak maybe. Someone mentioned Schwartz - I wouldn't be opposed to that - or Mike Smith.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't want anything to do with Gruden, Cowher or Fisher. Not particularly excited about either Harbaugh or Shanahan again.

Cooter isn't a bad idea. Mike Vrabel, Mike Munchak maybe. Someone mentioned Schwartz - I wouldn't be opposed to that - or Mike Smith.
    frank reich is our guy, MO. . . backup QBs make great coaches. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Wade Phillips?

Yeah yeah yeah great DC but terrible HC...

I just want the old fella baaaaack
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Of all the realistic names mentioned, I think I'd be most on board with Mike Smith. Could probably be had cheap, and he had a good run in Atlanta. Worst case he's a John Fox type hire who can stabilize things for us and at least keep us competitive.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information