Thread: 20 years later -- so many to mourn and thank

Default 20 years later -- so many to mourn and thank

It's somewhat shocking to think it's been 20 years since the terror attacks in NYC, DC, and Pennsylvania.

Sad thinking about not only the lives lost on 9/11/2001, but also all the lives lost in the wars and actions that followed.

Grateful thinking about the sacrifices that our military, and others, have made since that time either trying to prevent another attack, or punishing those that attacked us.

I know the term "never forget" seems overused at this point, but I think it's just meant in the same way that even generations later we still remember Pearl Harbor.

For some, maybe, never forget means keeping the anger, and vigilance, towards those that wish to harm us. But for many, it's just about remembrance of the victims of the worst attack on American soil, and remembering to be thankful to those that made countless sacrifices, for many the ultimate sacrifice, since that date.

I do remember and I am grateful.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information