Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Giant's bench, Eli sits on

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't get the criticism of this move. Eli isn't bigger than the Giants just because Manning is his last name, or even because he's won 2 titles there. The Giants gotta do what's best for them, which is tank.

If anything, they were hugely respectful to him by letting him start long enough to pass Peyton's starts streak. They could have benched him a while ago but didn't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

They were doing just fine tanking with Eli...

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't get the criticism of this move. Eli isn't bigger than the Giants just because Manning is his last name, or even because he's won 2 titles there. The Giants gotta do what's best for them, which is tank.

If anything, they were hugely respectful to him by letting him start long enough to pass Peyton's starts streak. They could have benched him a while ago but didn't.
    Don't you know? Eli brought himself a lifetime pass in 2011. Plus he's not an dick. Plus the fans hate McAdoo primarily for this season's failures and how he's handled them.

Well that's only a small part of it. It was the right move when Kurt Warner was benched for Eli because Eli was drafted to be the future. Geno Smith and that other guy are clearly not the future so what exactly are the Giants looking at? Backup options?

I can't wait for sports talk tomorrow to hear the ranting and raving.

5. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    who believe this team is one eli manning away from a superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Ok, so we have 1 vote for the "do nothing" approach. Got it.
    OK, so we have 1 vote for the "eli or nothing" approach, Got it. I guess you're right, if the team doesn't sign eli, they have no other options. I'm not saying I have all the answers but that smart ass reply was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    OK, so we have 1 vote for the "eli or nothing" approach, Got it. I guess you're right, if the team doesn't sign eli, they have no other options. I'm not saying I have all the answers but that smart ass reply was ridiculous.
    Agreed, your smart ass reply was much better!

Because of course everyone is claiming that Eli will solve every broncos problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Agreed, your smart ass reply was much better!

Because of course everyone is claiming that Eli will solve every broncos problem.
    I'm glad you picked up on that... now you get how bad your reply was.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Man, sarcasm is hard.

not really

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You should both take a lap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Giants co-owner John Mara voices regrets on handling of Eli Manning benching

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants' owner has some regrets about the way in which quarterback Eli Manning lost his starting job on Tuesday.

"Maybe the timing of it could have been a little different. I wish I could've been here when that was all going down," said co-owner John Mara, who was attending owners' meetings in New York when the decision was made on Tuesday. "What I did not expect -- and this was my fault; maybe I was naïve. I did not expect Eli to react by saying to go ahead and start the other guys.

"I understand, especially after speaking with him [Wednesday]. I completely understand, but that took me by surprise a bit and maybe I would've handled that a little differently."

Manning declined an option to start Sunday against the Oakland Raiders before giving way to Geno Smith, likely in the second half. Manning instead elected to hand over the reins after 14 seasons and 210 straight consecutive regular-season starts. Rookie Davis Webb will also factor into the equation down the stretch of the season.

The Giants' decision to demote Manning was met by a maelstrom from fans, former players and media alike.

"I thought it was pathetic," the usually reserved Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers told reporters on Wednesday.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...nning-benching

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Philip Rivers blasts Giants for handling of fellow QB Eli Manning

COSTA MESA, Calif -- Philip Rivers of the Los Angeles Chargers did not mince words when asked for his reaction to fellow 2004 draft-class quarterback Eli Manning being benched by the New York Giants on Tuesday.

"I honestly thought it was pathetic," Rivers said Wednesday. "He's been out there 210 straight games -- with no telling how many bumps and bruises and injuries -- for his team. He won two Super Bowl MVPs. And with the respect he's had in the locker room over the years, and really the respect he's gained throughout the league, you feel like the guy has earned the opportunity -- if they are in fact deciding to go another direction -- he's earned the opportunity to finish it off these last five weeks."
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...iants-pathetic

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Big debate in my office today. I hold that VJ is the dopiest head coach in the NFL. My many Giant fan co-workers are claiming Ben McAdoo has VJ beat hollow in the inadequacy department, and that this move makes their case air-tight. To say they are pissed is an understatement
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

17. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Big debate in my office today. I hold that VJ is the dopiest head coach in the NFL. My many Giant fan co-workers are claiming Ben McAdoo has VJ beat hollow in the inadequacy department, and that this move makes their case air-tight. To say they are pissed is an understatement
    I actually side with your coworkers, though you can easily argue it either way. It's impressive how New York seems to have the monopoly on the market here. Dopiest coaches in the NFL in order:

1.) Ben McAdoo
    2.) Sean McDermott
    3.) Vance Joseph

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

McAdoo is a ******* moron. VJ either isn’t ready or is just in over his head and can’t keep up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information