Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanking--worth it?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'll be surprised if it's the same 3 QBs. I figured it's something like 50/50 they draft a QB early, 100% they draft a QB someplace.

I figured Brock is gone, and you will have Siemian, Lynch, Kelly and one other QB starting camp. From that, one, possibly two, gets cut before the start of the season.
    The thought of that being our QB bullpen going into next year is extremely depressing unless Kelly somehow can become “the man” in the offseason. I’m completely done with Siemian and have no faith in Lynch anymore. Next year will be much the same as this year unless we fix the QB position.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

If they trot Siemian out there in 2018 I'm going to kick a random stranger in the nuts.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Siemian is 80% our starter come Sept 2018. The 20% is if we get Cousins, Brees, etc.
    i would bet against it. . . i can't see it happening. . . i think it's either a free agent or a rookie. . . we tried to roll out trev as a starter this year, and we got our asses handed to us-- john hasn't forgotten, and he doesn't love losing. . . this is twice we've failed to make the playoffs with TS, i can't see us going back to that well again. . .

besides, have some compassion-- you're gonna give MO an aneurism with that talk. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i would bet against it. . . i can't see it happening. . . i think it's either a free agent or a rookie. . . we tried to roll out trev as a starter this year, and we got our asses handed to us-- john hasn't forgotten, and he doesn't love losing. . . this is twice we've failed to make the playoffs with TS, i can't see us going back to that well again. . .

besides, have some compassion-- you're gonna give MO an aneurism with that talk. . .
    Siemian will start and Darnold will roll in week 8 or something...watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

323 words: Broncos will draft QB, probably.
    Elway is 0-2 on QBs, and 1-1 on BPA with Von. Supposedly, Fitzpatrick (Bama) is high in the rankings of defensive players in this draft. Who knows what Elway is thinking? He could trade back as far as we know.

Very average QB class this draft.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    With a lot of teams in need of a QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

I hear what you are saying, but in the end, it's going to be which wells are dry in training camp/preseason and which ones have water. If for the third season in a row, Siemian wins the job, and there isn't a talent rich, just not quite ready, option sitting closely behind him, then there is a pretty good chance they see if the third time is the charm.

Unless Elway goes all in on Brees/Cousins (if either/both are free agents), then your best choices are Bradford, Keenum, Cutler, McCown, Geno Smith, Gabbert, Osweiler and then it gets really thin from there. Garappolo if he isn't resigned.

Keenum had a solid year, but he hasn't exactly had a spectacular career. If Cutler doesn't retire again, he can clearly still play. Bradford shows flashes when not injured.

Not a lot of inspired choices out there after Brees and possibly the very, very expensive Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If they trot Siemian out there in 2018 I'm going to kick a random stranger in the nuts.
    If they trot out siemian out there in 2018 I hope that I am that stranger.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

With a lot of teams in need of a QB.
    Throw the QBs names in a hat, shake it up, and see who is picked. Or.......the dartboard. LoL

Elway is 0-2 on QBs, and 1-1 on BPA with Von. Supposedly, Fitzpatrick (Bama) is high in the rankings of defensive players in this draft. Who knows what Elway is thinking? He could trade back as far as we know.

From what little draft research I have done this year this is actually a good year, a very good year to be in the QB market.

Brees, Eli, Cousins and a few others...Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Lamar, Allen..........thats 6-8 potentials. I have a very very very very good feeling about Rosen and Darnold could very well end up being a legit QB in the pros too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I think we're jumping the gun a bit on Lynch and our QBs in general. Yes, they have had a rough start. But my mind goes back to Peyton's first year and Elway's first couple years. I remember when we were going into Elway's second year that a segment of the fan base wanted him gone. That's how bad he was at times. Well, we know how that ended.

I'm not trying to equate either Lynch or Siemian with Elway or Peyton. I'm just saying that, as VJ has reminded us several times, the team's problems involve more than one player, even the QB. I would really like to see both of them behind more competent O-lines and better play calling. We did see a semblance of that Sunday.

The loser in this may be Lynch because Siemian is apparently going to finish out the season, from what I hear. And now, if the team has a chance at one of the two top draft candidates, that recruit will become the heir apparent, and Lynch's career with the Broncos may be over before it really got started. If Siemian doesn't make it, okay, so we or somebody has a backup QB. But the Broncos have a lot invested in Lynch. This would be a loss both to him and to the Broncos.

The reality, however, is that the two draft candidates in question will be gone before the Broncos' selection comes up. If they win one more game, the Broncos probably will have played themselves out of the top five, and they face a pathetic Colts team this Thursday. So I see the upcoming year under two scenarios: (1) the Broncos bring in a Cousins or a good journeyman QB or (2) they continue their development of Lynch and Siemian. Neither scenario may be all that bad, IMO. There is a lot of physical talent in all four present QBs on the squad. They just have to determine whether one of them can match that between his ears. But I look for the Broncos to miss out on the elite draft prospects and to look for a trade or FA among existing pros. We'll see . . .
    Last edited by topscribe; 12-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Can I join you? Though I suggest we travel to New England. It will feel more satisfying to kick random patriots fans in the nuts.

I spent all of this year defending Trevor, I can't do that again. If he somehow wins the starting job again, I cannot give him my support again. I don't have a single bit of faith in him going forward.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Can I join you? Though I suggest we travel to New England. It will feel more satisfying to kick random patriots fans in the nuts.

I spent all of this year defending Trevor, I can't do that again. If he somehow wins the starting job again, I cannot give him my support again. I don't have a single bit of faith in him going forward.
    Will you identify them as Patriots fans first or assume because they live in New England they must be fans and kick them in the nuts?

I will be living in New England as of June and would prefer my nuts to remain in-tact.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    From what little draft research I have done this year this is actually a good year, a very good year to be in the QB market.

Brees, Eli, Cousins and a few others...Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Lamar, Allen..........thats 6-8 potentials. I have a very very very very good feeling about Rosen and Darnold could very well end up being a legit QB in the pros too.
    Browning.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Browning.

Whats a browning?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information