Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Tanking--worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    This draft class is like choosing between Bortles, Ponder or Jake Locker. I'm not wasting a pick that high on a guy who probably won't pan out.

If they trade back into the first and get Jackson, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph or Mo's guy after getting a stud I'm okay with that.

Why do you say that?

I haven’t seen a qb like Rosen in years. Rivers is maybe the closest.
    Darnold could be a Big Ben/favre. Lamar Jackson is insane and I love but need to see more. This is the best class I’ve seen in a while imo.

————————————————

Why is Kelly a long shot? He was a first rd talent. He is a legit qb. Just cuz he had a lot of party in him doesn’t mean he can’t play
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why do you say that?

I haven’t seen a qb like Rosen in years. Rivers is maybe the closest.
    Darnold could be a Big Ben/favre. Lamar Jackson is insane and I love but need to see more. This is the best class I’ve seen in a while imo.

————————————————

I dont know how this draft class will pan out but i agree with you that Rosen looks great. Doesnt mean he will be great but i dont get the "weak draft class" predictions at all here.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I still think Mayfield might be the best bet in this class. He’s a winner. He was a walk on who won the starting job so he knows how to work. He’s a leader. Sure he’s a cocky ass to the other team at times but so are Rivers and Brady. He’s a senior with lots of starting experience. Has almost twice the starts of Rosen or Darnold. Plays (and beats) tougher competition than both.

He’s this year’s Russell Wilson/ Dak Prescott

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I still think Mayfield might be the best bet in this class. He’s a winner. He was a walk on who won the starting job so he knows how to work. He’s a leader. Sure he’s a cocky ass to the other team at times but so are Rivers and Brady. He’s a senior with lots of starting experience. Has almost twice the starts of Rosen or Darnold. Plays (and beats) tougher competition than both.

He’s this year’s Russell Wilson/ Dak Prescott
    It's hard to talk about a probable top 10 pick in Mayfield in the same breath as 3rd rounder Russell Wilson, or 4th rounder Dak Prescott.

Rosen has fallen down the draft board a bit due to some bad performances. Supposedly, I guess since nobody really knows at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm tired of how the local writers keep covering the "tanking" discussion...

It usually goes something like this: "Hey Mr. Player, do you think you should be intentionally losing, because some fans think so."

Player: "Intentionally lose? That's crazy! I'm here to win."

Writer: "There you have it - the players aren't on board with tanking."

Like - no shit the players aren't here to lose... Nobody is suggesting that the players ought to be throwing games intentionally. The entire premise behind tanking is that it's a top-down organizational strategy and you implement it very subtly by playing younger, inexperienced players at the expense of their veteran counterparts. The players should never ever be on board with losing.

It just strikes me as a lazy and dishonest way to cover the topic as they're not actually addressing it on its merits.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

It usually goes something like this: "Hey Mr. Player, do you think you should be intentionally losing, because some fans think so."

Like - no shit the players aren't here to lose... Nobody is suggesting that the players ought to be throwing games intentionally. The entire premise behind tanking is that it's a top-down organizational strategy and you implement it very subtly by playing younger, inexperienced players at the expense of their veteran counterparts. The players should never ever be on board with losing.

It just strikes me as a lazy and dishonest way to cover the topic as they're not actually addressing it on its merits.
    There is an analytic conversation about tanking no one is having...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I agree.

Most news is fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Coaches and players care about now. They don't want to hear about some rookie kid ******* next year. They want to win now.

GMs and ownership on the other hand might have different thoughts, but never ask a player if he is ok with the team losing every week so that the team can draft the player of the future next year.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

That bothers me too. Alfred Williams is on the air all afternoon complaining that he doesn't like it, that the only players who should take the field are those who have "earned it." And then they interview Derek Wolfe who actually says "they should start the players that the players want."

Well, you won 5 games out of 14 so, NO Derek Wolfe, you don't get to complain! Does the guy think they would be starting a bunch of rookies if the team were competing for the division right now? No.

Well it was you players who lost all those 8 games in a row and punted the season, not John Elway. Maybe he made bad choices in drafting some stiffs, but they players on the roster don't get to complain about it - since they are said stiffs who kept losing winnable games against teams like the Giants.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

This is the nfl which means Ntl Flings Loogies.

14. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This is shamefully bad...

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It's shocking, really, that the Broncos org doesn't see how clear it is that Brock gives them the best chance to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

This is shamefully bad...

Klis is pretty dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's shocking, really, that the Broncos org doesn't see how clear it is that Brock gives them the best chance to win.
    They very well may, but winning is secondary to other goals.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

20. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    They very well may, but winning is secondary to other goals.
    Hawg's sarcasm isn't always clear - but he was making this very point. For Klis to not at least acknowledge that in making his point is basically a dereliction of his duties.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information