Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Mo did you have pubes in 1983?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Mo did you have pubes in 1983?
    Did you?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The line is simply not as bad as you want it to be.
    Do I WANT Denvers Offensive Line to be terrible?

No.

Is it terrible?

Yup. No one can say it isn't a problem. Nobody.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Did you?
    Actually no. I didn’t. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I want to make it clear that this isn’t an apologist thread for Lynch, Oz or Siemian. If it was, I’d just add this post to 1 of those threads. I’m just imagining what would be posted on this site if it existed in 1983. For those who have forgotten, or wasn’t old enough to have watched it, Elway’s NFL debut was the biggest debacle by any QB that I’ve ever witnessed. You think the stat lines of our QBs this year have been bad, look at what he did in the 11 games he played in, 10 that he started, during his rookie season:
    It doesn't matter how you qualify it. You tried to make a point using John Elway. Except that Elway was the most coveted QB in the draft in many years, a sure-fire, can't-miss prospect if there ever was one. And that's what he turned out to be. Every Broncos fan was ecstatic over getting Elway. The press was so intense in staking out his house for any "Elway sightings" that he finally got mad and told them to cut it out, after they investigated what kind of Halloween candy he gave out.

Yes he struggled in games his first season. Do I need point out Paxton isn't a rookie? He's had 2 years and he hasn't progressed at all. That's all he's getting too. He's in a QB battle for the #3 or #4 QB on this roster.

If Trevor is willing to stay then I'd say they almost have to get rid of Paxton. #1 QB draft pick, #2 veteran FA (or vice versa), #3 Kelly, #4 Paxton. But what team carries 4 QBs? So, if Trevor stays as the veteran until the rookie is ready, or if they go out and get a veteran like Kirk Cousins, and Trevor stays as the backup, that's the end for Paxton.

And do you really think Paxton would win a QB competition with Kelly? I'm going to bet no on that one.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-29-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

No.

Is it terrible?

NOBODY. But, it should be better next year. Bolles won't be a rookie any more. And neither Donald Stephenson nor Menelik Watson will be back, and that's got to help, right? Those guys made Russell Okung look like Joe Thomas.

Also, since starting Max Garcia won't be a consideration next year, there is no reason to start Pro-Bowl LG Ron Leary at RG. Garcia wouldn't/couldn't play RG for some reason, so Leary tried to help the team out by switching sides. But, since Garcia sucks, it was a bad deal all around.

They need a new RG not on the roster. If they can find 2 OL in FA or the draft, then their OL should be at least adequate. IF John Elway learned his lesson from last FA!

He tried to get a RT on the cheap. Reilly Reiff got $12M a year and Watson got $6. Bargain! Right? Smart shopping that wasn't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It doesn't matter how you qualify it. You tried to make a point using John Elway. Except that Elway was the most coveted QB in the draft in many years, a sure-fire, can't-miss prospect if there ever was one. And that's what he turned out to be. Every Broncos fan was ecstatic over getting Elway. The press was so intense in staking out his house for any "Elway sightings" that he finally got mad and told them to cut it out, after they investigated what kind of Halloween candy he gave out.

Yes he struggled in games his first season. Do I need point out Paxton isn't a rookie? He's had 2 years and he hasn't progressed at all. That's all he's getting too. He's in a QB battle for the #3 or #4 QB on this roster.

If Trevor is willing to stay then I'd say they almost have to get rid of Paxton. #1 QB draft pick, #2 veteran FA (or vice versa), #3 Kelly, #4 Paxton. But what team carries 4 QBs? So, if Trevor stays as the veteran until the rookie is ready, or if they go out and get a veteran like Kirk Cousins, and Trevor stays as the backup, that's the end for Paxton.

And do you really think Paxton would win a QB competition with Kelly? I'm going to bet no on that one.
    1) Actually, Elway 1 of 6 coveted QBs that year, 3 of whom lived up to their HoF potential.

2) As I've stated repeatedly, this "1 strike & you're out" didn't start in the post Manning era, it's also what was happening since at least as early as Cutler over at Broncosfreak. Fans were declaring him a bust after just 1 start. He may not have lived up to the HoF dreams that we have for all of our 1st rounders, but there's a reason he's in his 12 season in which he's been mostly a starter. He's definitely has had a much better career then any post Elway Broncos QB, not named Manning, in spite of playing 3/4 of his career for 1 of the most incompetent organizations in the NFL.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

No.

Is it terrible?

NOBODY. But, it should be better next year. Bolles won't be a rookie any more. And neither Donald Stephenson nor Menelik Watson will be back, and that's got to help, right? Those guys made Russell Okung look like Joe Thomas.

Also, since starting Max Garcia won't be a consideration next year, there is no reason to start Pro-Bowl LG Ron Leary at RG. Garcia wouldn't/couldn't play RG for some reason, so Leary tried to help the team out by switching sides. But, since Garcia sucks, it was a bad deal all around.

They need a new RG not on the roster. If they can find 2 OL in FA or the draft, then their OL should be at least adequate. IF John Elway learned his lesson from last FA!

He tried to get a RT on the cheap. Reilly Reiff got $12M a year and Watson got $6. Bargain! Right? Smart shopping that wasn't.
    Exactly. I don't care what 'stats' say, because i know what my eyes tell me (and Denvers opponents!). Can the Broncos pass protect? No. Can the Broncos run block with any consistency? No. They can't do ANYTHING even remotely well with any dependability.

Leary had been the lone bright spot. Hope Bolles blossoms and Paradis continues to improve.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information