Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    But if they make a strong argument and prove a few things...

Plus Cleveland is closer to his home in Michigan. At least I'm assuming he still lives in his parents basement. He did a year ago.
    He is lucky. I wish my parents had a basement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He is lucky. I wish my parents had a basement!
    Judging by your avatar I'm gonna say your Dad lived in Chicago and had a crawl space.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Judging by your avatar I'm gonna say your Dad lived in Chicago and had a crawl space.
    I am going Appalachian mountains and root cellar.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:

Captain Spaulding was a West Texas boy

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    He actually owns a nice home in VA, but send the break with his wife's parents in ATL. That where the basement story comes from.
    It was actually BOTH basements for a while...and driving an old van he bought from his parents for $5,000.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

It was actually BOTH basements for a while...and driving an old van he bought from his parents for $5,000.
    I can only assume the van was down by the river.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I can only assume the van was down by the river.
    Well...I recall the same article saying something about him and his wife buying land by the river...or maybe it was a lake. Either way...it's close enough.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	11725

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	11725
    The REAL Uncle Rico!!!

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I didn't say that he wasn't cheap. Just were the story originated from
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

18. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

North wants Benkert

I want the Broncos to sign Jeremiah Briscoe as a UDFA, he will be 2018's Kyle Sloter!
    Last edited by weazel; 01-30-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Interesting read about Mayfield and more detailed reasons QBs from the Big 12 (oklahoma) dont make it in the NFL.

How does Baker Mayfield compare to Russell Wilson?*@RobertKlemko*spent three hours watching Mayfield film with long-time Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell to find out*https://t.co/6gnFFgAHcLpic.twitter.com/ohn3Gmxzcv

— The MMQB (@theMMQB)*February 23, 2018

It’s an easy comparison to make: Both Wilson and Mayfield are undersized for the position, stout and durable, and both extend plays with their feet while keeping their eyes up. But the traits and experiences that make Wilson a franchise quarterback and Mayfield one of the most prolific passers in college football history go deeper than that.

The differences become apparent to Bevell within the first hour of Mayfield’s film cutup. We’re watching the Ohio State game (the one when Mayfield planted the OU flag at midfield) in full, then a handful of scenarios including third down throws against pressure, and red-zone passing against four of the best defenses Oklahoma faced this season (Iowa State, TCU, Ohio State and Georgia).

During Wilson’s final season at Wisconsin, in 2011, then-Badgers offensive coordinator Paul Chryst was running what could generally be described as a pro-style offense. There were traditional progression reads, with Wilson spending time under center and running some of the bootleg passing plays he would eventually master in the NFL. In the three hours of Oklahoma film we watched on Wednesday, Mayfield got under center just once, from inside his own 5-yard line, to throw a play-action pass to the fullback, a position that gets about as many reps in Lincoln Riley’s offense as the pair of white ponies who pull the Sooner Schooner across the home field after Oklahoma scores.

But that’s not uncommon. Very few quarterbacks coming out of major college football today have experience under center. Still, Oklahoma’s Air Raid offense carries a stigma that others don’t. Specifically, very few of its graduates have had success in the NFL (think of the string of Texas Tech quarterbacks who led the conference in passing yards and fizzled out as pros).

“The history of some of those guys hasn’t been real positive,” Bevell says. “There are more guys that haven’t played well than have. Spread out, dink and dunk stuff. I don’t know how they would describe it, because I haven’t talked to these coaches about it, but the NFL guys would say the quarterbacks don’t have to do very much.

“There’s more to do in the NFL, whether it’s making reads, progressions, making Mike linebacker declarations, changing protection, those kinds of things. Maybe they would tell you they’re doing that. But when you stand there, look over to the sideline to get a call, and then run the play, you’re not doing it. That doesn’t mean they’re not capable, but there’s a learning curve.”

Much of the Oklahoma offense doesn’t necessarily translate to the NFL, including a heavy reliance on smoke throws to wide receivers as soon as the ball is snapped, shallow crosses and elaborate screens with linemen and receivers blocking downfield earlier than NFL rules allow. A staple of the Oklahoma offense is a play-action pop pass from a two-back shotgun set that requires Mayfield simply fake a handoff and drop the ball over the head of the approaching linebacker and into tight end Mark Andrews’ waiting mitts.

“Few teams run that,” Bevell says of the NFL. “For one thing, defenses are better in the NFL and can handle this. With the play-action, you want to build stuff off of things you actually run, so it looks the same. Oklahoma runs some of these handoffs, but few [NFL] te
    ams have this in their scheme.”
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 02-23-2018 at 11:31 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the NFL doesn't run shallow crosses and smoke routes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the NFL doesn't run shallow crosses and smoke routes?
    heavy reliance on smoke throws to wide receivers as soon as the ball is snapped, shallow crosses and elaborate screens with linemen and receivers blocking downfield earlier than NFL rules allow.*
    Did, did you read that?

*A staple of the Oklahoma offense is a play-action pop pass from a two-back shotgun set that requires Mayfield simply fake a handoff and drop the ball over the head of the approaching linebacker and into tight end Mark Andrews’ waiting mitts.

“Few teams run that,” Bevell says of the NFL. “For one thing, defenses are better in the NFL and can handle this. With the play-action, you want to build stuff off of things you actually run, so it looks the same. Oklahoma runs some of these handoffs, but few [NFL] teams have this in their scheme.”
    Did, did you read that? That is not chazoe making the comment, that is a professional Offensive Coordinator with a SB ring making the comment.

A few of us have been pointing out that Big 12 QBs have had a long history of not making it in the NFL. Unless the Broncos are willing to run that offense that Oklahoma runs and that may depend on rule changes the NFL may need to make, then it may be a long time before we see a QB from that school match the hype he gets coming into the NFL.

Why did, did you type out did twice?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information