Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default '18 QB Prospects

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Cooney's websit: among seniors, Baker Mayfield of OK is a 1-2 prospect. Mason Rudolph of OK St and Luke Falk from Wazzu are round 2-3 prospects.

Juniors you have Rosen, Allen, Jackson as 1st round prospects.

Sophomore Darnold's stock is dropping.

CBS draft stuff has Browning, Finley as additional top prospects.

Walter Football has them ranked thusly (w/ earliest round projected)
    Rosen
    Jackson
    Darnold
    Allen
    Mayfield
    Thorson (Northwestern)
    Falk (2d round)
    Rudolph
    Stidham (3d)
    Ferguson
    Litton
    Benkert
    Fitzgerald
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I know nothing about these kids. Except that last year Darnold impressed me. Haven't seen the reason for his slide.

MO likes UW guy Browning, but

11/23/17: Browning has completed 69 percent of his passes thus far this season for 2,451 yards with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions. He is a good college quarterback, but he doesn't have a pro skill set.
    Anyone know about this Thorson kid?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jake. Browning.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Heard a lot about Lamar Jackson.......

Don’t know any of them. Would rather chad Kelly
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Don’t know any of them. Would rather chad Kelly
    I'm indifferent to Jackson.

I would rather Jake Browning over Chad Kelly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Would rather chad Kelly
    Dude you always got the laughs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just no.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Any of these guys 6'7 or taller? If so, Elway's got his guy!

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sam Darnold, USC (35 points, 4 first-place votes, appeared on all 8 ballots): Darnold’s been uneven this year, without question, having already matched his interception total from last year. But the feeling I’ve gotten is that scouts will cut him some slack because of the offensive line issues the Trojans are having. The biggest criticism is that he’s trying to do too much, not unlike what Jameis Winston his final year at Florida State.

Few players in recent memory have taken the Football Bowl Subdivision with such force. In the span of 10 games — from his first start, at Utah, through the Trojans’ win in the Rose Bowl against Penn State — Darnold has gone from a player known only inside the program’s doors to perhaps the most intriguing quarterback prospect in the country. NFL scouts have taken notice.

There were lots of cries that Darnold is overrated after he was a little up-and-down against the Bruins. What that felt like was people who haven’t been watching him need to get used to the third-year sophomore’s wonky style. Yes, there’s a little bit of a windup, and, no, it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to all the time. But the rebuilding Trojans have won the Pac-12 South, and the quarterback has done his part in brining a young team along.

Josh Rosen, UCLA (34 points, 3 first-place votes, 8 ballots): The Bruins are 3-3, but it’s hard to pin that on Rosen. He’s played from behind a bunch and still has the best completion percentage of his career (64.2) while throwing for 2,354 yards and 17 touchdowns through six games. That said, he’s been a little sloppy with the ball at times.

Rosen was viewed as a rare talent when he was a recruit, a quarterback seemingly destined for college and NFL stardom with an arm and mind-set so beyond his years it seemed inevitable that he would hit the ground running as a freshman at UCLA.
    And he did. As a rookie in 2015, Rosen threw for 3,669 yards and 23 touchdowns for the Bruins, fulfilling the enormous expectations and promise that accompanied his arrival.

Then came his sophomore year, an injury-marred campaign that came to serve as a stand-in for UCLA’s struggles as a whole. A shoulder ailment limited Rosen to six games, none after Oct. 8, for one of the nation’s most disappointing teams. The Bruins finished 4-8.

It’s hard to look more physically impressive than the UCLA junior looked on Saturday night—one scout in attendance told me it’s the best he’s seen Rosen. And being held up against the unconventional Darnold probably helped, too, in highlighting Rosen’s pure, natural delivery. Rosen wraps up the regular season (and maybe his UCLA career) against Cal on Saturday.

Josh Allen, Wyoming (23 points, 1first-place vote, 8 ballots): Allen’s numbers are mediocre and his team is 4-2. But there’s youth all around him and scouts trust the talent. One voter put him first, and another put him in front of Rosen.He hasthe arm. The athleticism. The almost limitless room for growth. All that’smissing for Allen might be experience.

Baker Mayfield,Oklahoma (6 points, 4ballots): If
    Mayfield were just alittle bit taller, he’d probably be two spots higher on this list. Another was developing arapport with the Sooners’ new-look collection of offensive skill talent — andwith a changed receiver group in particular. They spoke about fundamentals.About Mayfield’s pocket presence. His footwork. His ability to diagnosedefenses.

But while it might seem like a laundry list of potential sticking points, aconsensus has been reached inside Oklahoma’s football offices: There’s no needto fix Mayfield — only to make slight changes to a player considered one of thegreatest in the program’s proud history.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Any of these guys 6'7 or taller? If so, Elway's got his guy!
    Nick Stevens, Colorado State.

I’m intrigued by Josh Allen.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not convinced Darnold is coming out. I think he'll be the No. 1 quarterback off the board if he does. If he's not, it's a toss up between Rosen and Allen, probably depending on combine/pro day performance. I can see Rosen not participating in the throwing at the combine, in fact, I'd probably bet on it. Allen probably will because he's got a giant arm.

Personally, I don't like Rosen at all. I would judge unfairly, I'll admit to that. I'd be intrigued by Darnold or Allen.

As has been documented, I am a Jake Browning fan, but he's at least the fifth quarterback off the board and maybe even more.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Allen is who I would most like to see get nabbed, but I'd be stoked as long as they get their guy whoever it is. I'm in full blown stud QB acquisition fandom now.

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Jake. Browning.
    You just like him because you can look down at him.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information