Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What did the Bills run with Kelly during their SB years?
    K-gun. A three WR set, RB and in line TE. It was up temp and no huddle at times.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    K-gun. A three WR set, RB and in line TE. It was up temp and no huddle at times.
    OK - I wasn't sure if that was a form of the spread or not. Didn't Kelly almost exclusively operate out of the shotgun?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    OK - I wasn't sure if that was a form of the spread or not. Didn't Kelly almost exclusively operate out of the shotgun?
    It was one of the precursor offenses to a spread, like Coryell's system and the Run n Shoot (Jerry Glanville). Urban Meyer at Bowling Green and Chip Kelly at New Hampshire were the two that were developing the modern spread, which incorporates a lot more of the running game (you CAN run consistently from the spread!), with some elements of what Mike Leach did as the OC at Kentucky/Oklahoma, without many elements of the run game (Leach uses multiple types of screens as a form of the run, like Walsh did with the West Coast). NFL coaches that incorporate some of it, Andy Reid, Josh McDaniels come to mind, take a little from all these systems (most coaches/OCs are using a lot of this).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I was living in NY at the time and my family were rabid Bills fans.

Fantastic offense. James Loften, Don Beebe, Andre Reed Thurman Thomas, Kelly.

Even Reich, great backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I was living in NY at the time and my family were rabid Bills fans.

Fantastic offense. James Loften, Don Beebe, Andre Reed Thurman Thomas, Kelly.

Even Reich, great backup.
    Thurman Thomas was the perfect back for that system. He could run, catch, and block with the best of them.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It was one of the precursor offenses to a spread, like Coryell's system and the Run n Shoot (Jerry Glanville). Urban Meyer at Bowling Green and Chip Kelly at New Hampshire were the two that were developing the modern spread, which incorporates a lot more of the running game (you CAN run consistently from the spread!), with some elements of what Mike Leach did as the OC at Kentucky/Oklahoma, without many elements of the run game (Leach uses multiple types of screens as a form of the run, like Walsh did with the West Coast). NFL coaches that incorporate some of it, Andy Reid, Josh McDaniels come to mind, take a little from all these systems (most coaches/OCs are using a lot of this).
    You forgot Rich Rod, who is credited with the zone read concept
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Lamar Jackson is the best QB in this draft. There, I said it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    You forgot Rich Rod, who is credited with the zone read concept
    Let's just forget Rich Rod altogether.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    The guy can run but currently is 7-17 with 2 picks. Pass. if he could actually complete passes AND run...sign me up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Let's just forget Rich Rod altogether.
    You have to give credit where credit is due.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Currently watching the MSU/Louisville game on DVR (no spoilers please) and through one quarter I have to say I am not too impressed with Jackson. He's missed on a lot of throws. I'm honestly more impressed with Keaton Thompson (MSU's true freshman QB in his first ever start). He's running just as well as (if not better than) Jackson and looks more accurate so far.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Currently watching the MSU/Louisville game on DVR (no spoilers please) and through one quarter I have to say I am not too impressed with Jackson. He's missed on a lot of throws. I'm honestly more impressed with Keaton Thompson (MSU's true freshman QB in his first ever start). He's running just as well as (if not better than) Jackson and looks more accurate so far.
    I already know the outcome but yea, Jackson failed to wow me but i expected it because ive seen him play in a lot of games. Im watching Browning and the Huskies vs Penn St right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I already know the outcome but yea, Jackson failed to wow me but i expected it because ive seen him play in a lot of games. Im watching Browning and the Huskies vs Penn St right now.
    I like Browning, but his arm talent doesn’t excite me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I like Browning, but his arm talent doesn’t excite me.
    This is my first time seeing him, he is rated pretty high in accuracy and completion percentage so i find him intriguing. Penn St is as tough team to play but i want to see how he handles it today. Darnold and Jackson didnt impress me much in their matchups but both were rated lower than Browning.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information