Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

seriously, forget chad kelly. . . i'm holding out to see what jordan taylor can do. . . it would really make things easier for us if he could just go ahead and be the quarterback of the future, seeing as how he's already on the roster and all. . . somebody ring up elway and let him know we figured it out. . .

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We would like to see Kelly as well but can't go into the season saying we have a 30+ year old vet and our 7th round pick is our future.

It would be wonderful if Kelly is one of the draft surprises and turns into a franchise guy, but can't go into the season with that expectation when he hasn't even thrown a ball in an NFL live game yet.
    If they draft a first rd QB, thats basically it for Chad Kelly. They are not going to have him compete with a first rd pick......
    A HIGH first rounder.

The idea is to land a veteran FA. I really dont know what the actual situation is with Alex Smith. Is he an UFA? I dont know.

He is my hope....first of all he is the highest rated QB in the NFL....ok?

Secondly, he is QB for the Chiefs with intimate knowledge of the Chiefs.

Lastly, he seems like he would be good mentor.

Alex Smith is a pipe dream I know. However, my wish at this point is steering away from another first round over hyped PROJECT.

4. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I am adamantly against Alex Smith. Adamantly! He’s a bum. Just because he had a few games early on where he played teams that stopped covering Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce doesn’t mean I want a QB that can’t score points in the playoffs. All those shitty losses by KC were just as much on him as anyone. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that he racks up stats on the year his replacement is drafted. He’s the John Fox of QBs.

I also have no interest in any vet over the age of 32. Nobody on their last legs. Bree’s, Eli, etc. they’ve had their party and they aren’t going to get us any closer to building a long-term successful franchise. No journeymen or broken guys either. Sam Bradford can crawl his broke ass back in the tub. This whole “let the young guy sits while the washed up vet plays so he can learn” is BS in this day and age. Stop screwing around and put your hopeful “franchise” QB in. Seriously, will we be any worse starting a rookie QB next year?

For me it’s Cousins or a trade for Luck or drafting a rookie to be the starter. No more screwing around with projects, journeymen, scrubs, and dudes past their prime. I will be very disappointed in this franchise if they set the team back an additional 3 years trying to start a guy like Bradford or Smith or giving Eli one last shot while a QB who was drafted to be the guy sits, festers, and never gets playing time.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-06-2018 at 12:03 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I am adamantly against Alex Smith. Adamantly! He’s a bum. Just because he had a few games early on where he played teams that stopped covering Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce doesn’t mean I want a QB that can’t score points in the playoffs. All those shitty losses by KC were just as much on him as anyone. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that he racks up stats on the year his replacement is drafted. He’s the John Fox of QBs.

I also have no interest in any vet over the age of 32. Nobody on their last legs. Bree’s, Eli, etc. they’ve had their party and they aren’t going to get us any closer to building a long-term successful franchise. No journeymen or broken guys either. Sam Bradford can crawl his broke ass back in the tub. This whole “let the young guy sits while the washed up vet plays so he can learn” is BS in this day and age. Stop screwing around and put your hopeful “franchise” QB in. Seriously, will we be any worse starting a rookie QB next year?

For me it’s Cousins or a trade for Luck or drafting a rookie to be the starter. No more screwing around with projects, journeymen, scrubs, and dudes past their prime. I will be very disappointed in this franchise if they set the team back an additional 3 years trying to start a guy like Bradford or Smith or giving Eli one last shot while a QB who was drafted to be the guy sits, festers, and never gets playing time.
    Why so adamant about Alex Smith? He is better and cheaper than Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Whether or not he's better than Cousins is debatable. He has a great supporting cast around him. Solid D and great running game. The problem comes when Smith is asked to win games. He folds like a house of cards. That's why the Chiefs spent two firsts and a third to get Mahomes and are making Smith available via trade. He's also 4 1/2 years older than Cousins.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

For me it’s Cousins or a trade for Luck
    This is all I want to see happen. Either guy I'd love for us to get. I don't even want us to draft a QB. Cousins or Luck, if not we are screwed again.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Whether or not he's better than Cousins is debatable. He has a great supporting cast around him. Solid D and great running game. The problem comes when Smith is asked to win games. He folds like a house of cards. That's why the Chiefs spent two firsts and a third to get Mahomes and are making Smith available via trade. He's also 4 1/2 years older than Cousins.
    I dont think its all that debatable but you are correct about the surrounding talent.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Why? That’s why. Can’t win playoff games. Can’t lead a game winning drive. Conservative to the extreme.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Why? That’s why. Can’t win playoff games. Can’t lead a game winning drive. Conservative to the extreme.
    You blame that on Alex Smith? Wow...

What play off wins has kirk cousins led? None? Will it now not be about the QB in his case?

How about the 12 ints in 6 play off games for Luck?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There could be something said about the fact that before the playoff game today the Chiefs were thinking about parting ways with Smith. If you are a franchise and believe the QB in place is your franchise you dont cut ties with him in favor of a younger guy. Clearly (even though i blame Reid) the Chiefs do not believe that Smith is their future despite what he has done for them the last few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    There could be something said about the fact that before the playoff game today the Chiefs were thinking about parting ways with Smith. If you are a franchise and believe the QB in place is your franchise you dont cut ties with him in favor of a younger guy. Clearly (even though i blame Reid) the Chiefs do not believe that Smith is their future despite what he has done for them the last few years.

Who cares? Alex Smith is better than anything on this team, less expensive than Cousins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Who cares? Alex Smith is better than anything on this team, less expensive than Cousins.
    And under contract with the Chiefs. Unless they flat out cut him, I don't think they are going to send him our way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I care. Cousins has far more potential.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And under contract with the Chiefs. Unless they flat out cut him, I don't think they are going to send him our way.
    Yes, that is the issue I wasnt sure about. They sure as hell are not going to allow him this way. I wasnt sure if he was an UFA or what. If not the Broncos have no shot. Cousins will also cost the Broncos big money. Have no idea what the answer is. I dont really like any of the rookies.

You blame that on Alex Smith? Wow...

What play off wins has kirk cousins led? None? Will it now not be about the QB in his case?

How about the 12 ints in 6 play off games for Luck?
    Alex Smith showed why the Chiefs want to part with him. As long as he has a running game and good D to carry him he looks like an all pro. The minute you need him to go win the game in crucial moments, he fails every time. All he had to do was lead his team to ONE SINGLE scoring drive in the second half. He couldn't come up with a drive to get his team into field goal range when the pressure was on. That's a reflection of his entire career. Great stats, folds under pressure.

Is he better than anyone currently on the Broncos roster? Yes....by a mile. If you sign him at the tail end of his career for big money, you're tying up cap room and having to spend that #5 pick on a QB to develop. Then Smith is going to take away from the rookie's development, and you're still not going to win a super bowl.

21. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information