Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 QB Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Rosen is the only non-project.
    Darnold's a project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Rosen or Allen.

Advocacy for anyone else means you don’t get to bitch about the Next Paxton Lynch in 2 short years.
    Sir, it's good to see you.

I want that UCLA swag.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Darnold's a project?
    Less so than Allen and Mayfield, and anyone else under him, but I’m not sure he can start day one. I think Rosen can start and play OK right away.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Less so than Allen and Mayfield, and anyone else under him, but I’m not sure he can start day one. I think Rosen can start and play OK right away.
    I want either one of them, or Cousins. If that doesn't happen, I'll be sad.

Darnold's a project?
    Darnold has some work to do, but his issues are correctable. I think he'll be the best QB in this class in 5 years. Rosen is the most polished, but many are comparing his personality and maturity to Cutler.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Darnold has some work to do, but his issues are correctable. I think he'll be the best QB in this class in 5 years. Rosen is the most polished, but many are comparing his personality and maturity to Cutler.
    If Rosen gets the Cutler make-up comp, who does Mayfield comp to? Ryan Leaf?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Darnold's a project?
    Darnold is going to need to work on his release and how he holds the ball before he throws it. Also he needs to work on his stance when he throws the ball on the run.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Trent Dilfer, who runs the elite 11 passing camps and had a public spat with Rosen, has come out and said Rosen has matured a lot the last couple of years. He did say Rosen has strong personality and you need to realize he going to ask why and a coach is going to have be prepared to explain why the run offense that way. Dilfer did say it was similiar to Manning pushing his coaches.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

When I think project, I think a guy needs a major revamp. Like you're just starting with the physical tools and that's all. I guess the term would be 'raw'.

I thought Darnold had to clean up his game, but he wasn't that 'raw'?

Thanks for the updates my guys.

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Darnold is going to need to work on his release and how he holds the ball before he throws it. Also he needs to work on his stance when he throws the ball on the run.
    You're right. The problem with his throwing motion is where he holds the ball. He keeps it low until he throws, and it gives him a bit of a hitch in his gittyup. Horrible coaching. He's going to have spend about 200 or 300,000 reps of bringing that ball up to the shouder level when he takes that snap. From what I've read on him, he's insanely coachable. It shouldn't be a problem getting it corrected at the next level.

15. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Trent Dilfer, who runs the elite 11 passing camps and had a public spat with Rosen, has come out and said Rosen has matured a lot the last couple of years. He did say Rosen has strong personality and you need to realize he going to ask why and a coach is going to have be prepared to explain why the run offense that way. Dilfer did say it was similiar to Manning pushing his coaches.
    His interviews will be the most important part of his pre-draft process. He's by far the most NFL ready QB in this draft skill-wise. If he can convince Dorsey that he's not a cancer, there's no way that the Browns pass on him.

If a coach can't articulate the 'why' in today's day and age he's probably got a problem. Rosen's probably one of the smartest players in the draft (not fake smart like shitty ass TS) and he deconstructs ideas and thoughts with logic and mechanical interactions.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

If a coach can't articulate the 'why' in today's day and age he's probably got a problem. Rosen's probably one of the smartest players in the draft (not fake smart like shitty ass TS) and he deconstructs ideas and thoughts with logic and mechanical interactions.
    Rosen Econ Major, TS real estate

Yeah, I agree. I like Darnold better ultimately but Rosen is the only guy this year who I think can start week one right now. We’ll see how training camp goes for everyone else

Rosen Econ Major, TS real estate
    Nothing to do with football smarts. RG3 got a master's in record time. Not a smart football player. TS went to Northwestern, and didn't understand the game a lick.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information